Takes far too long

I agree as well, Apart from the horrible ending I really liked the part where you have to work for your lightsaber. I liked that about kotor too. Man, I keep looking so fondly back on kotor.. such a good game. A true masterpiece in gaming imho.

I have to disagree about the length of time.

In fact, I went from Peragus to Telos to Dxun and just arrived on Onderon.

I got all the parts I needed on Telos and Dxun. Bao built it right before we left for Onderon.

And more than that, I'm not even going to use it yet. The Vibrosword I've been using since I found it is dishing out far more damage with the upgrades I've found/made for it.

I got all the parts I needed on Telos and Dxun.  Bao built it right before we left for Onderon.

And more than that, I'm not even going to use it yet.  The Vibrosword I've been using since I found it is dishing out far more damage with the upgrades I've found/made for it.

your kidding right, I could do far, far more damage with my light saber crystal than with 2 melee weapons.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having a lightsaber from the very beginning. True, Star Wars is about the Force and all that, but they also say that a Jedi is supposedly "married" to his lightsaber, so having to work for hours to earn it seems wrong to me.

But since that's not an option, I found that Ludo Kressh's war sword (if you can find it early enough) is an excellent weapon to hold you over until you build your saber (if you are a darsider, that is).

The Trandoshan double-blade is also very effective. I don't care much for ranged weapons. :cool:

I got all the parts I needed on Telos and Dxun.  Bao built it right before we left for Onderon.

And more than that, I'm not even going to use it yet.  The Vibrosword I've been using since I found it is dishing out far more damage with the upgrades I've found/made for it.

your kidding right, I could do far, far more damage with my light saber crystal than with 2 melee weapons.

Well, let me check (since I'm at home):

Lightsaber: 6-24 damage

Vibrosword: 10-25 damage +1-6 criticals

Now, I'll give you this...I've only got 1 upgrade in the lightsaber so far (a power cell I think). The Vibrosword has 3. If I could get to a work bench, I could add a Phond crystal, and that would change it.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having a lightsaber from the very beginning. True, Star Wars is about the Force and all that, but they also say that a Jedi is supposedly "married" to his lightsaber, so having to work for hours to earn it seems wrong to me.

But since that's not an option, I found that Ludo Kressh's war sword (if you can find it early enough) is an excellent weapon to hold you over until you build your saber (if you are a darsider, that is).

The Trandoshan double-blade is also very effective. I don't care much for ranged weapons.  :cool:

Well, a Jedi is married to his lightsaber, but when he gets exiled by the Jedi Order, he gets a quickie divorce and she goes off to swing with the Council.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The Trandoshan double-blade is also very effective. I don't care much for ranged weapons.  :cool:

Well, a Jedi is married to his lightsaber, but when he gets exiled by the Jedi Order, he gets a quickie divorce and she goes off to swing with the Council.

That rule may apply to a good little Jedi, but Dark Jedi are not bound by the rules of the council. Therefore, if I play evil, I should be able to build one anytime I want. :-

Now, I'll give you this...I've only got 1 upgrade in the lightsaber so far (a power cell I think).  The Vibrosword has 3.  If I could get to a work bench, I could add a Phond crystal, and that would change it.

Plenty of workbenches, and there's a full fledged one in your ship... Outside of your ship, even T3M4 can act as a workbench for upgrading (but not for creation).

It really doesn't cost much in the way of components to build some of the nice upgrades, especially since you can break down the heavy armors for a goodly amount of components.

That rule may apply to a good little Jedi, but Dark Jedi are not bound by the rules of the council. Therefore, if I play evil, I should be able to build one anytime I want. :blink:

The thing is that since the Jedi were almost destroyed there weren't a lot of people who know how to build one and there certainly aren't a lot of parts.

I'm cool with the fact that it takes a while for you to get a lightsaber, although I must say we didn't get the customisab;e hilts we were promised, right?

Now, I'll give you this...I've only got 1 upgrade in the lightsaber so far (a power cell I think).  The Vibrosword has 3.  If I could get to a work bench, I could add a Phond crystal, and that would change it.

Plenty of workbenches, and there's a full fledged one in your ship... Outside of your ship, even T3M4 can act as a workbench for upgrading (but not for creation).

It really doesn't cost much in the way of components to build some of the nice upgrades, especially since you can break down the heavy armors for a goodly amount of components.

I was at Iziz. There are no workbenches, only a lab station in the doctor's quarters. I had forgotten about T3, plus I actually thought that, since I wasn't getting back to Dxun, I couldn't switch party members. I found out later I could and by then, I was close enough to being done I didn't even bother.

Besides, I was able to find a couple more upgrades at Iziz, and I put them all in at once. I now use my lightsaber, and I'll probably turn the blade into components.

People keep saying things like "a jedi is married to his/her lightsaber", but you aren't a jedi...ur an exile. I RPed the whole thing to the end that I wasn't a jedi...the jedi had cast me out. I wasn't sith either...I was simply a light side force user who was trying to help the galaxy. Granted, you don't have to RP that the whole time, but at the beginning of the game, u are not a jedi, pretty much anyway you RP it, and if your character thinks he/she is, then the character is deluding his/herself.