Just Finished PC Version-WTH?

thank goodness I found this thread. It just isn't me.

And this better not be resolved in KOTOR3, it better be resolved in a patch. (sorry X-box guys :) ) I can't find a mad smilie on these forums- what kind of censorship is that? :). I am mad the ending is screwed up on this game. I want to like Obsidian, because I loved Black Isle studios, but if they continue to do this crap, don't expect me to continue buying their games. They better not mess up Neverwinter Nights 2.

I agree, after the meeding on Dantoine, it's very rushed.

I never even heard of the Ravager, I never got any of the backstory on it. All the sudden, people are talking about the ravager, like I should know what it is.

I still don't understand what happens with Atris.

And GOTO and that little droid? WTH?

and was there a movie, or was it just the ship flying off? Who was flying the ship? how did it surive that fall?

what's happening! *pulls hair out*

and why does goto keep you prisoner if he wants you to save the republic?

there are so many plot devices I don't understand

And they act like my character committed an atrocity on Malachor V. I thought I just defeated the Mandolorians there. I didn't think I killed any civilians there. I don't understand any of that.

I just finished the light side and I'm confused about Kreia. So she trained Revan as a Jedi before she fell, but how was she cut off from the Force? How did she survive that event with Sion and Nihilus? Sion was probably in on it, how would she survive Nihilus and what was Nihilus' purpose on that? I'm so confused...

I also hate how misleading the box art is. Okay, it looks great, but I was hoping to see Nihilius' face ever since I saw his concept artwork (not to mention the artwork of Atris fighting Nihilus!). I also kept thinking that Kreia would somehow get her hand back, so I could give her dual-lightsabers.

A couple things to say. I agree the ending was really lacking...however the structure for a good ending was there, it just never fell together.

Also, for the person who said that Obsidian just couldn't come up with a good ending, I totally disagree. The storyline up until the end was spectacular, so I suspect it was rushed (I won't speculate on whose fault it is, Obsidian's or LAs, because, honestly there's no way to know)

Another point on the weak ending, it is quite possible that LA said "Well hell, we made a ton of money on kotor1, and kotor2 looks like it will make a ton of money, so let's tell Obsidian that the end has to be VERY open-ended for future installments"

As for the bugs...everyone keep in mind that this is a new company. Yes, there are some real veterans involved, but they were more on the other end of things from trouble-shooting. Perhaps they just underestimated the staff they would need. And before you say that they could just add people at the end...keep in mind that it has been shown that adding people deep into a development cycle is more likely to make things take longer than shorter.

Overall I think it was a good game for a first shot. If not for the bugs and the unraveling at the end, it would have been a GREAT game. I hope for their next game, Obsidian says "We'll release it when it is done". I know that this is hard, as they can only keep the funding up for so long, but another couple of months would have made a huge difference.

I just finished the light side and I'm confused about Kreia. So she trained Revan as a Jedi before she fell, but how was she cut off from the Force? How did she survive that event with Sion and Nihilus? Sion was probably in on it, how would she survive Nihilus and what was Nihilus' purpose on that? I'm so confused...

Watch the video where she gets deposed again...she talks about how "they" (sion and nihilus) cut her off from the force and exiled her.

and what's up with Atton? Why is he a murderer? they never explained that.

note: I did see in the cut-scenes thread some explanation of Atton being a murderer, but that doesn't make sense.

sometimes I think they tried to put too many plot twists and turns in the game. When things like that happen, and you run out of time. Well you know what happens.

note: I did see in the cut-scenes thread some explanation of Atton being a murderer, but that doesn't make sense.

sometimes I think they tried to put too many plot twists and turns in the game. When things like that happen, and you run out of time. Well you know what happens.

He murdered/captured jedi for revan...it was his job. In particular, he FEELS like a murderer because he killed a jedi who was trying to save him because he was force sensitive, and the sith would have tortured him until he became a sith apprentice. He still killed her, but he felt regret over, unlike his previous jedi kills. That's why kreia calls him a murderer...after killing that jedi, he felt like one.

I never even heard of the Ravager, I never got any of the backstory on it. All the sudden, people are talking about the ravager, like I should know what it is.

and was there a movie, or was it just the ship flying off? Who was flying the ship? how did it surive that fall?

this is all explained through dialogue

And they act like my character committed an atrocity on Malachor V. I thought I just defeated the Mandolorians there. I didn't think I killed any civilians there. I don't understand any of that.

if you actually talk to him hell tell you his entire backstory, which answers what youre asking.

im wondering if you actually paid attention to the dialogue at all, or even bothered speaking to your party members and/or npcs you came across. every single thing you "dont understand" was explained at some point during the game.

score another one up to someone complaining about something being "broken" or "incomplete", even though they just didnt figure it out.

i know this game has problems, but my god i wish people wouldnt complain about things that are THEIR fault, not the games. <_<

im wondering if you actually paid attention to the dialogue at all, or even bothered speaking to your party members and/or npcs you came across.  every single thing you "dont understand" was explained at some point during the game.

score another one up to someone complaining about something being "broken" or "incomplete", even though they just didnt figure it out.

i know this game has problems, but my god i wish people wouldnt complain about things that are THEIR fault, not the games.  <_<

Have you beaten the game on both LS and DS? I have a feeling that the ending parts of the game were geared more towards LS, and the DS storyline was not completely finished. I played DS and went through every dialogue I was able to go through, and I have almost all the same questions as Osirus. Do not label us ignorant complainers simply because we have questions that the rushed last 5 - 10 hours of the game did not explain to us. This game would have greatly benifited from another 10 - 20 hours of gameplay.

In all fairness to people who missed out on some of the details on these sidequests, I think some of them are buried within too many sublevels of dialogs for the average mall boy to notice that they exist.

Granted the sidestories are supposed to subtle, and rewards those players who pay closer attention, but on the flipside, it was getting a little out of hand... I was always asking the same questions again and again and again just to see if the new dialog pops up.

OE could've made a few more hints at critical triggereing points to indicate something is different with one of your teammates. Case in point: Visas showing up and I tried to be nice her; next thing I know Handmaiden would never talk to me. Never gave me a hint until it was too late, and I had to go back to saves that was a good 3-4 hours of play before. I had to backtrack so many times on my first play, I really have no desire now to have to go through all of that again.

Really? Because I missed it entirely. So when, exactly, in the dialogue with Traya or Sion is the situation between Goto and Remote explained? Who wins?

I also don't remember any scene in which it was explained to me the fate of my crew. I also don't remember any dialogue where it was explained who was flying the ship. I don't remember any dialogue explaining how it survived that fall. Strange, that was a whole lot of dialogue I must've missed. Heck, with all that, I must have been blind not to at least have chosen one of the options that explained it. Could you at least tell me that these dialogue options were that I should have picked? Or better, what the responses were?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Pray tell how the did the Ebonhawk go from falling into the crevice to flying vertically out a what looks like a cavern? I got the impression that many more NPC's were supposed to take part in the ending but all I ever saw was Bao-Dur's droid, GOTO (who had little characted development) and Mira. The Ravager is explained but they did it backwards by explaining it after the event.

Oh and Nihilus was such a wimp dead in 5 hits. We didn't see him do some evil sith killing like Malak.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Really? Because I missed it entirely. So when, exactly, in the dialogue with Traya or Sion is the situation between Goto and Remote explained? Who wins?

I also don't remember any scene in which it was explained to me the fate of my crew. I also don't remember any dialogue where it was explained who was flying the ship. I don't remember any dialogue explaining how it survived that fall. Strange, that was a whole lot of dialogue I must've missed. Heck, with all that, I must have been blind not to at least have chosen one of the options that explained it. Could you at least tell me that these dialogue options were that I should have picked? Or better, what the responses were?

You can get Darth Traya to predict the future for you when you beat her. She even predicts Jango Fett's death.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

You can get Darth Traya to predict the future for you when you beat her. She even predicts Jango Fett's death.

When I say the fate of my crew, I mean in the present, not the future. For all I know, they're all lying at the bottom of a gorge with broken limbs. It is not explained who is flying the ship, nor how it survived the fall, nor who fixed any damage that would surely have resulted from the fall. All of a sudden, there it is. Fwoosh, andshewavedamagicwandandeverythingwascool the end.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Watch the video where she gets deposed again...she talks about how "they" (sion and nihilus) cut her off from the force and exiled her.

But why? I thought the Sith would kill rather than exile.

Killing her would have been mercy...exiling a sith without the force would be much more painful. And it was...it ate her up.

Have you beaten the game on both LS and DS? I have a feeling that the ending parts of the game were geared more towards LS, and the DS storyline was not completely finished. I played DS and went through every dialogue I was able to go through, and I have almost all the same questions as Osirus. Do not label us ignorant complainers simply because we have questions that the rushed last 5 - 10 hours of the game did not explain to us. This game would have greatly benifited from another 10 - 20 hours of gameplay.

ive beaten the game as both ls and ds, and as both male and female. ive seen and heard every backstory available.

having said that, dont get your panties in a bunch. i never said ALL of you are whiners or that ALL of your points had no validity. i was referring SPECIFICALLY to the guy i quoted, since all his questions were atleast touched upon during one point or another, especially his complaining about us never learning about attons backstory, which is completely false.

also, you have to play through ALL aspects. unless i misread what you said, youve only played through as ds (and im assuming male), which wont give you the entire story. no offense, but dont blame the game for not answering questions you had when, in fact, it does answer a good portion of them (not all), if you play out all the options.

Really?  Because I missed it entirely.  So when, exactly, in the dialogue with Traya or Sion is the situation between Goto and Remote explained?  Who wins?

I also don't remember any scene in which it was explained to me the fate of my crew.  I also don't remember any dialogue where it was explained who was flying the ship.  I don't remember any dialogue explaining how it survived that fall.  Strange, that was a whole lot of dialogue I must've missed.  Heck, with all that, I must have been blind not to at least have chosen one of the options that explained it.  Could you at least tell me that these dialogue options were that I should have picked?  Or better, what the responses were?

i was referring to his comment about the ravager and about atris (since he was vague about what he wanted to know about atris, im assuming her backstory, which she clearly tells you or you learn through kreia). ravager is mentioned quite a few times, maybe not directly in name, but visas talks about it, and kreia touches upon it as well whenever talking about nihilus. plus mandalore and the mandalorian guard mention it when they first arrive on board and discuss how it was at malachor v.

the goto and remote thing isnt really answered, however it is pretty safe to assume that if you choose lightside ending, then the remote wins (ie. activates mass shadow generator and destroys malachor v), if you choose darkside ending then go-to wins (planet remains intact, remote fails to activate mass shadow generator).

if you actually talk to him hell tell you his entire backstory, which answers what youre asking.

im wondering if you actually paid attention to the dialogue at all, or even bothered speaking to your party members and/or npcs you came across. every single thing you "dont understand" was explained at some point during the game.

i know this game has problems, but my god i wish people wouldnt complain about things that are THEIR fault, not the games. <_<

whatever. All Atton talks about is Pazaak, and I never got any negative influence with him. There was one time I got something to talk about after some people knew him on that refugee place, but I got influence failure. Even after never getting any loss of influence from him.

Are you saying this game is complete? You are high.

I guess I'm a whiner then.

This is the perfect game, and I just don't realize it.

See my avater, I'm not some console boy. I know how to play role playing games. I know how a good one is supposed to be.

yeah I can hear it now. You are going to tell me to go back to fallout.

I'm not saying this is a bad game. But it's obvious they left some stuff out at the ending. Yet you say everything is there!

What's the point of showing the scene of Mira killing the wookie? yeah I realize it finished that plot point off. But it was done poorly if you ask me.

All I was doing was asking a question in the spoilers forum expecting answers, not to be insulted.

whatever. All Atton talks about is Pazaak, and I never got any negative influence with him. There was one time I got something to talk about after some people knew him on that refugee place, but I got influence failure. Even after never getting any loss of influence from him.

Are you saying this game is complete? You are high.

see THIS is what im talking about when i say people whine about something not being explained or included, even though its their own fault for not finding it.

ive already told you that his story IS told in the game, but you insist it isnt and then say that its the games fault for this being incomplete.

you are a whiner if you insist that something that is CLEARLY in the game is not in the game because you couldnt figure out how to access it.