Just Finished PC Version-WTH?

Got the game like two days ago for the PC. Don't have a xbox so I never played it on there. But I did play the first kotor. So I just finished kotor2 with a light side male and I must say... wtf kind of ending is that? Maybe I missed some options when speaking to people but it feels like the ending was really rushed and forced (pardon the pun) out. I mean, Okay I got to ask kreia about the future.. but I mean, i didn't even know half of my allies were alive. They never showed up at the end apart from the bounty hunter chick.

And My character kinda had a thing going on with the handmaiden and she hardly shows up at all in the ending. She never shows up at all after I save her and I thought we were gonna like.. fight together or whatever.

And what the heck happened with the remote and goto?? It never said, the planet blew up but it just left that story hanging there.

And then at the end it's just my character flying off at the end to find reven (I guess?) I thought kriea said she was going to give me three choices. To leave, to stay and wait for my friends and another one I forgot. And I NEVER got that choice. Did I miss something? I mean, shoot I would have prefered to stay and wait for my friends.. who I DON'T even know are alive btw. And I just run off without them? What kind of light side guy am I?

Just a horrible ending. I would have prefered to wait for all my friends, save kreia somehow and then maybe blow the planet up and then have some sort of ending chat with all my characters and a nice LONG video.

Sorry to rant, but it just felt like WAY too many storylines were just left dangling there at the end. Did I miss something?

I agree. In fact, I was just coming here to say the exact same thing. The ending seems like it was done in five minutes, and nothing was resolved that was left open until the end. Compared to the rest of the game, the ending just seemed so...hollow. I was disappointed.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

the main reason i was upset at this ending wasnt because it was nessecceraly a bad ending.. i actually liked it(more movie like) but what i was disappointed in was the Ramblings from this thread where False http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25775&hl=

i really wouldve liked to know what happened to all my party members and what happened to all the planets etc.. as the ramblings state it should have

I thought I just missed something at the end of the game, but I guess not. I mean, compared to the endings in the first kotor this was... a big let down. Right there at the end it seemed like a lot of storyline was just being left at the wayside.

And what about the HK factory thing? After I reactivate HK-47 in the ebon hawk he says that I have some sort of transponder (or something) that will be activated later so I can find the location of where all the other HK's are coming from. This never happened. Did I miss something there?

the main reason i was upset at this ending wasnt because it was nessecceraly a bad ending.. i actually liked it(more movie like) but  what i was disappointed in was the Ramblings from this thread where False http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25775&hl=

i really wouldve liked to know what happened to all my party members and what happened to all the planets etc.. as the ramblings state it should have

Well, You "kinda" get the fallout (great game btw) flashfoward thing when you talk to kriea at the end. But I honestly didn't like it much, I didn't like how my character just ran off to find reven. I mean, it's MY character. Couldn't I choose what he does? And all those storylines left unanswered and such. I dunno, the game just went downhill real quick imho once you get all the jedi masters back to dantoonie.

I just finished KotOR 2 as DS Male, the ending was bad, but not as bad as some of the events that lead up to it. It seems to me like right after the Council on Dantooine part, the developers ran out of time. Everything was great up to that point, then it went straight down hill. I didn't really know what was going on from that point until I got to the Academy on Malachor V. I'd get dialogue options about things I didn't know about, and the game seemed to lose a lot of logical sense towards the end. My character somehow knew there was going to be an invasion on Telos, even though he had never been told that. The entire end of Atris part caused me to shake my head and think, "Wtf is going on?" The attack on the Ravager seemed to come without anyone coming up with a plan, it just happened. There were no more real dialogue scenes after the Council on Dantooine, and it caused the whole climax and ending of the game to just plain suck. Almost ruins an otherwise great game.

I'd have to agree with most of what I read above. Things were rolling along fine until about the time of the meeting on Dantooine. After that, things really just went to hell. It was all disjointed, the romances fall apart and ones you hadn't worked on suddenly show up, there's no concrete ending...bleh.

Totally agree that it looks like they ran out of time and either chose or were forced to push things out the door. Disgusting waste of an ending to an otherwise fine game.

I just finished KotOR 2 as DS Male, the ending was bad, but not as bad as some of the events that lead up to it. It seems to me like right after the Council on Dantooine part, the developers ran out of time. Everything was great up to that point, then it went straight down hill. I didn't really know what was going on from that point until I got to the Academy on Malachor V. I'd get dialogue options about things I didn't know about, and the game seemed to lose a lot of logical sense towards the end. My character somehow knew there was going to be an invasion on Telos, even though he had never been told that. The entire end of Atris part caused me to shake my head and think, "Wtf is going on?" The attack on the Ravager seemed to come without anyone coming up with a plan, it just happened. There were no more real dialogue scenes after the Council on Dantooine, and it caused the whole climax and ending of the game to just plain suck. Almost ruins an otherwise great game.

Yeah I just finished it right now... I know excatly what you mean. I have lots of WTF?!?, HMMM, ARGH?!?! saves game files after the rebuilt academy. I hope kotor 3 will clear that up. Otherwise, the game is so great, but the ending ruins it all.

I doubt that kotor3 will clear that up. As from what I hear from rumors is that lucasarts wanted to release this by christmas and told obsidian to package it up no matter what and it looks like right after the council everything just got rushed out the door to stastify some number crunchers at Lucasarts. It's a sad state of affairs really, since there has been evidence that content was left out. Including conversations with your friends at the end of the game and even tons of quests on korriban (which seemed short compared to the other planets).

As far as kotor3, whoever does actually make it I hope it isn't rushed out the door just to make it in time for some holiday.

I also think it seemed a bit rushed. I kind of got the same feeling like I got playing "TR: Angel of darkness" A lot of nice build up and features - but then, suddently, it all goes out the window.

Also, I don't get how Malachor V could blow up in the end - G0T0 stopped Bao'dur's(?) droid from activating the shadowbombthing?

Also, I don't get how Malachor V could blow up in the end - G0T0 stopped Bao'dur's(?) droid from activating the shadowbombthing?

I... don't think it was destroyed... at least not when I saw the ending cinematic.

it was in the lightside ending.

i think were supposed to assume that if youre lightside, then the remote defeats go-to. if youre darkside, then go-to defeats the remote.

There's ample evidence from checking the programming and scripts in the game (PC Version) that a lot was left out, that's not in question anymore. But the question is why was it left out? Did obsidian not want to put the stuff in, or was it rushed? (as is the favorite theory).

EDIT:There was suppose to be more to the remote/goto thing. And of course the HK factory story line that never materialized. Apart from the rushed storyline beginning from the dantoonie council and the plotlines that never got finished.

I agree with what most of you are all about... but have most of you joust start thinking about that maybe just maybe all of this will be cleared out on the sequel... that i totally agree with all off you... if not.... well lets just say that i will go to my room and cry like a little girl....... hehehehe but i have to say that whatever most of you think the game was exeptionall whatever the ending that as i believe someone in this thread sayd it scream's a KOTOR 3 in wich i can not wait for it to come.... CHEERS everyone

Well I hae finished as male lightside it was a really good game with lightsabers and stuff but I must agree with everyone the ending was not to good at all with you not really finding about your freinds and what happened to them. I would've loved to see all the crew together like at the ending kotor.

i dunno -- I simply prefer KOTOR2's LS ending to KOTOR1's.  K1's ending was too happy and reminiscient of Episode IV.  I'm sure that was the intention, but it didn't make the ending good, imho.

The DS ending for KOTOR1, however, clearly pwns KOTOR2's.  :)

Agreed, the DS ending for kotor1 pwns all. :D

I was holding back my comments until after I finished the PC version of the game, which I just did, and now I can say...

THE ENDING FLAT OUT SUCKS FOR KOTOR 2.

How disappointing, I must say.

I also have to add that I think Obsidian did a horrible job on KOTOR 2. The bugs are hideous in this game. The game crashed to the desktop on me over 25 times. That's not what I call enjoyable, let me tell you. Because of this, I must have hit the quicksave button over 1,000 times during the game to avoid losing time from crashes.

Bugs. Ugh. My quest log was filled with quests that could never be finished due to horrible game design. Again, very annoying.

The characters just were not fleshed out at all--nothing like KOTOR 1. Why even include Canderous if you're going to gimp him up so badly, and not even show his face? WHY?! It does a disservice to his character to turn him into a pathetic shadow of what he once was.

So many more bugs in the game I don't even know where to begin, and since most of you have already suffered them, I won't.

The game had a decent story for the most part, and could have really shined if they just put more polish into it, and fixed up not only the bugs, but also finished the NPCs in the game instead of doing a half-arsed job on everything.

The game just feels unfinished and rushed.

The ending was the worst part. I tried to convince myself that I could forgive most of the negative parts of the game if only the ending just rocked. It did not. After the final ending movie I was waiting for a cutscene to my allies so they could all say goodbye, or something...

But the credits just rolled. How LAME. They didn't even let you say goodbye to your companion NPCs. Lame, lame, lame.

Not impressed, Obsidian. Sorry. But I did finish the game, so I'll give it a 7 out of 10 stars.

edit: Was a little harsh in my end review, so I changed it to 7/10, which is a fair review, I believe. Good game, but there is a lot keeping it from being a true winner like the original.

Well, Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe LA was responsable for the bug testing. And I honestly won't say this is obsidian's fault, because there's no evidence that it was there fault. The game is good, it just feels unfinished and rushed. Why could that be? Well, perhaps they were rushed in there devlopment cycle.. but I wouldn't go blaming obsidian because they probably did the best they could do with what they had.

But yes, rushed and unfinished.... a real shame.

Well, I liked KotOR 1's storyline a lot better than KotOR 2's storyline. After beating the game as DS male, I still do not fully understand what happened to my character pre game, what happened at the battle of Malachor V to make is so tragic and appalling to haunt my character, why Kreia was DS but told me I failed her completely at the Council, only to later tell me I was her best student, and many more things. The entire overall point of "Giving up the force to wound the force" thing (Which was basically the entire point of the storyline, DS anyway) just doesn