Expanded Universe

Do you think that the Expanded Universe should be modified so that the Yuuzhan Vong conquest never actually happened?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the Expanded Universe should be modified so that the Yuuzhan Vong conquest never actually happened?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell No!
    • Huh?
    • Don't care
    • I like it the way it is

I don't like it since there is no actual ending to Star Wars. It just says that the Galactic Alliance relocated its capital to Denon and thats it. They should revise it so that A) The Yuuzhan Vong never existed, B) They came and were repulsed or C) They came and the galaxy was enslaved...

I like a definitive conclusion.

Buddy. the EU is just stories.

The ONLY official part that you can complain about are the movies.....

EU is no different in my opinion as the various fanfics you can find over the internet.

The only think you can do is pick the stories you like.

Either way I think Lucas is gonna set the record straight if episodes 7,8 and 9 are made.

IMHO the EU has gonne wrong after the Thrawn trilogy.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Buddy. the EU is just stories.

The ONLY official part that you can complain about are the movies.....

EU is no different in my opinion as the various fanfics you can find over the internet.

The only think you can do is pick the stories you like.

Either way I think Lucas is gonna set the record straight if episodes 7,8 and 9 are made.

IMHO the EU has gonne wrong after the Thrawn trilogy.

I doubt he'll make any Episode 7,8, or 9... Its possible that maybe Lucas will adopt the Yuuzhan Vong story as official.

I don't like it since there is no actual ending to Star Wars. It just says that the Galactic Alliance relocated its capital to Denon and thats it. They should revise it so that A) The Yuuzhan Vong never existed, B) They came and were repulsed or C) They came and the galaxy was enslaved...

I like a definitive conclusion.

You are aware that Denning is writing another trilogy that takes place in the galaxy after NJO, right?. The whole thing with the NJO was moving towards stories that take place within a bigger galaxy rather than in a self contained trilogy.

As for the ending being unfulfilling, I look at it being more realistic. People in the GA now have to live with the Yuuzhan Vong, same as those in the NR had to live with the Empire. The same way people had to live next to German's after the two World Wars.

EDIT typos

Nice remark there ryan,

Lucas barely gets invvolved in EU at all as he calls it an alternate universe to his own, (Cinespcape interview 2002 or 2003). But whatever.

To the original question, yes I wish the Vong and NJO were completely eliminated from the timeline but that won't happen so what point is there?

Ya as far as I saw he basically has on of the editors read him some crap and he says yay or nay, and every once in a while has a "suggestion"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

lol, yeah it was like he was a roman emperor and gave a thumbs down when Chewbacca's name was brought up (and yes I know that the thumbs down sign actually was a way of saying to let the losing party live, not die)

Oh and he made them switch from killing Jacen Solo to Anakin Solo... the man is the grim reaper of EU :(

I liked the entire NJO if simply for the fact that it didn't come out as either a)one of our favorite protagonists saves the universe, everthing is back as it is, we're going to have a party or b)yes, a whole bunch of crap happened, but I've got the force and all I have to do is press the rewind button to fix it all. What type of hero is it that never falls?

An awfully boring and predictable one.

Yeah, I will agree that NJO was the most "human" of any StarWars series. It wasn't a hero blows up a death star type deal, people died and the war made it so some things would never be the same.

and Thomas I even kind of took the NJO as fulfilling the prophecy to an extent. The bloodline of Skywalker brought balance to the force by returning the force to the Vong... but thats far afield and my own personal view of it all and not a debate topic I want to even touch (never argue opinion when you can help it)

Why didn't the person who made this poll simply put 3 results? Yes, no, don't care... the huh's and don't cares go together ....... and the no's, hell no and I like it the way it is adds up to one response.

EU worse writing since since Dune Messiah. Actually its closer ito those Alien vs. Predator in being just plain low-brow........Nuff Said

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.