SOLLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS

I'm experiencing the 1/3 bug, btw I have an ATI graphic card and catalist drivers.

Although there is no dll file like the one mentioned in my system32 folder and eventhough I saw some people saying that they found the file in their cd burner folder, so did I, and although I deleted it, nothing happends and the bug still occurs, any idea?

Hi, first of all sorry about my poor English as long as it ins't my home language :">.

I have the next problem:

When I speak with Zherron and tell him to speak about how to organize the battle (I gess it might be the last time you speak with him before the battle with the mercenaries), when he finishes speaking the game stops :wub:, with the blue subtitle on the screen and if i click or press any button to continue nothing happens. If i press Alt+F4 the exit menu appears and i can exit to windows, but if I reload, i have the same problem. I tried going back to Telos and recalling to Dantooine but the problem is still there.

I have a Pentium IV 1,7, 512 MB, GF 4200 Ti 64Mb, and it works very well at 800x640 at intermediate quality.

Thank you :(.

I have the same problem at different places, as in the onderon's moon when i found the human ranger at the jungle, and 2 more rangers come walking and speaking... on the first sentence the game stops...

Please help me

Thank you.

I'm experiencing the 1/3 bug, btw I have an ATI graphic card and catalist drivers.

Although there is no dll file like the one mentioned in my system32 folder and eventhough I saw some people saying that they found the file in their cd burner folder, so did I, and although I deleted it, nothing happends and the bug still occurs, any idea?

Have you tried completely uninstalling your CD burning program? The crash bug is a tricky one and no one's found a surefire fix yet.

Some hints:

P4 3Ghz ; 1 GB RAM ; Radeon 9600XT ; 1280x1024

First of all the game is installed in a separate Windows XP installation which i use strictly for gaming. No other tasks, no office works. This guarantees a clean system.

After having immediate crashes with actual drivers i used catalyst 4.11 which made the game run very smooth. Played through in this configuration without issues - only once i encountered the 1/3 loading bug. That's all. No crashes but all the bugs of the plot line, dialog options not changing, crew member missing and so on...

The game is very playable on my system concerning the technical side. Although every system is different i believe many users encounter problems because of overloaded windows installations and using recent driver versions. For me only 4.11 is working correctly - at the moment.

Hope this helps just a little bit. Good luck!

Bye locutus

Does anyone have a problem with the movies? I don't know why but "Kreia's Fall" and "Visas Marr Introduction" show only a black screen with the sound plaing ok. Any1 got any sugestions?

I have a GeForce 4 mx 128

P4 2.6GHz 512MB

Changing res or refresh rate didn't help, neither putting everithing at minimum.

I would like to point out to the whining crowd that after completely backing-up everything that I couldn't live without, I formatted my drive, reinstalled XP MCE, and KOTOR2 with my saves and game settings and the latest Forceware drivers.

Results? I am happy to report that not only is the lag gone, but I am now at about 70% complete with the game with the high-performance settings.

Vast improvement, however drastic. Beats defrag any day, and less painful then a whiskey enima :blink:

:luck:

okey, this topic has been talked about before, KOTOR 2 F***S up every 5 time I try to switch level\sector\zone (whatever you want to call it). And i mailed my problem to Lucas arts support and they said it was because i didn't meet the standards, but KOTOR worked very very smooth. And they also said that my Radeon 9800 is working as secondary and is inactive, Now i have been told that i can switch it to primary in BIOS, but i dont now where.

So my questions are:

1.How can i stop KOTOR 2 from f***ing up?

2.And how can i sett my radeon 9800 as active\primary

oh, i might as well post the reply that i got from LA so that you understand what i mean, my english not good

this is the reply i got:

"Your dxdiag reflects that you may have an on-board Video chipset and the ATI Radeon 9800 is showing as (Secondary) inactive.

This however can be fixed by disabling the on-board through the BIOS and

updating the ATI Drivers. Once that is corrected you need to also take care of

the inactive Sound device entries as well.

Inactive Display Entries in Registry

Card name:

Card name: RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary

Driver: ATI2DRAG.DRV"

sure sure, it took up a lot of space, BUT PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT! and yea i know that i should have posted my previus post about this problem here. sorry :">

I have a 1/3rd loading bug too.(surprised?)

I can't get to Nar Shadda, every time I try, the cut scenes run fine and then will it load?

will it ****.

XP come up telling me that blah blah must close.

I've tried al of the fixed suggested in this thread thus far and I've not found one that worked...

Any new ideas?

Okay, I have the "lag" problem, but in an area nobody's seemed to mention. Peragus. All over the station, in fact, especially when you reach the mining caves and such.

Here are my specs (not the greatest):

AMD Duron 1.3 GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 XT (Overclocked)

Windows XP (No SP1 or SP2)

I had the same issue on Dantooine in the first game, and I solved it by using the Catalyst 4.2 OpenGL driver in the KOTOR directory. I tried the same with KOTOR 2 and it doesn't help. I've also tried using Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 in the swkotor2.ini file and that also has not worked.

Currently I'm using Catalyst 4.11. Anyone have suggestions? Or is it just my hardware? Because I swear it played the first game fine and KOTOR 2 doesn't look more graphically intense than the first.

hey i went and got kotor2 the other day at the nearest game shop in town, it installed fine and i could not wait, it was working fine until i got my first weapon to which i spoke to kreia and went to break down the door, from then on whenever i picked something up i could not then move. I am extremly annoyed and hope that i can some day finish this game!!

Also i had this problem with kotor 1 and i cant remember how i fixed it, it seems i am the only dumb person to have this problem!:thumbsup:

Thnx in advance

Hey, i posted my problem at the Lucasarts fourm, but as is there policy i got no replys to my post, so i came over here, After playing for the last week or so, i have finaly met all the jedi and gone to Datooine. when i say i want to go to telos the game just goes to the main menu and despite the fact i can move my mouse i can't click on anything or do anything. This happens every single time. If someone could help i would greatly appreciate it

To anyone who crashes to mainscreen which then subsequently locks when trying to enter a new area. I had this problem on Paragus after finishing the Harbinger and trying to get back to the Ebon.

Everytime I went through the lift door up the ramps (where t3 was earlier) instead of the next section loading I would get chucked to main kotor screen where it would freeze on me.

I fixed the problem by firstly deleting my autosave and unticking the autosave option.Then after loading back to my very last save, (which was just after Kreia and Sion fight) I deleted every other save I had.

Then, returning to windows with the game still running in the backround, I went into SWkotOR2 and then deleted everything in the gameinprogress file and currentgame file respectivley. Then I played on with my fingers and toes crossed. It worked. I dont know how or why, but it worked. I walked into the lift and it loaded up not a problem.

Alls well that ends well? No. Apparently T3 is supposed to be in the tunnel where he then joins the team. Not in my tunnel. I thought it was wierd when Atton for no apparent reason said something about T3 lying abandoned just over yonder. And now I cant open the other door without him. I think there doing this on purpose...!

Anyway hope it helps. If anyone knows how to make a missing character reappear post away!

Building on Lee's sollution to a problem:

I got the problem that when I return for a second time to Dantooine my screen goes black after choosing the characters at the exit of the Ebon Hawk.

To prevent this from happening, delete the files starting with 6 and the letters DAN in the gameinprogress map just BEFORE you press the OK button to leave the Ebon Hawk.

You have to ALT-TAB out of the game back to windows, go to the swkotor2 game map where there is a map called gameinprogress and after deleting the files ALT-TAB back into the game and hit the OK button.

It works, but for now I haven't got a clue as to how much it will make a mess of the storyline, because in essence you will have deleted most if not everything that happened on Dantooine before.

[edit]Well ... I just met Disciple for the second time (or is it his twin brother) in the enclave, so deleting games in progress is not a real option either[/edit]

I dont know if this has been posted yet, but I have a temporary solution to all those suffering from VERY poor FPS after loading new areas (which means pretty much all the time). After EVERY load, go into options, then advanced settings, and then TRICK the game into thinking you made a change. For example, I set my AF down one level, then back to its orginal level, and then apply. The game will apply the "new" settings.

Why do this? I used FRAPS to test it on citadel station and this is what I found:

After a new load: 8-10 FPS (horrible)

After a new load and 'faking' and graphic change: 20-25+ FPS (very playable)

These results were consistently reproducable for several hours of gameplay.

Now I know these are bad fps in general, but i have a crappy system--the point is the difference

I hope that the patch fixes this bug becuase it gets REALLY annoying to have to do this after EVERY load, but at least its a temporary fix. I wish I knew what the TRUE source of this bug was because obviously this not fixing the true problem. Hope this helps anybody with the same problems. :D

AMD Athlon 1000+

ATI Radeon 9600 XT

512 ram

SB Audigy 2 zs

where's the gameinprogress file?

First of all: it's not a file, it's a directory. Start a kotor2 game like you normally would do. With the kotor2 game still running, switch back to windows with the alt-tab key combination. Go to the map where you have installed kotor2 i.e. c:\games\swkotor2 and in that directory is a map called gameinprogress. This map is ONLY visible when the game is running as well. The map will automatically be deleted after you exit the kotor2 game.

does anyone know why i cant watch ANY of the movies? when i start the game up it goes through the LA and Obsidion clips, then crashes to desktop. does anyone know why this is happening? i had no problems with the KOTOR movies, and i have added no new hardware since. i have a radeon 9800 pro with fully updated catalyst drivers, and all my specs check out with the game. since LA sees fit not to respond on their forum, i was hoping you guys would.

none of the other movies work, even when accesed through the movies menu

About the pod(?) racing, I also encountered the bug where the racer was floating in the air when the race begun.

I found that simply pressing space bar (once) during the count down in the beginning of a race solves this problem.

I have a RADEON IGP 320M 64MB for video according to the games scanner that is under configuration, but I cannot downlod from ati. It says in error or something like that. I tied getting 4.11 but no luck. What should I try to download and where from to fix this? Also omega drivers site is down so dont suggest that. It says I need the following for video:

32 MB Open GL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware accelerator

with hardware transform and lighting (T&L) capability required.

and this for open gl:

Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 drivers

and I have ATI Technologies Inc. - 1.3.4276 WinXP Release

This is what I need fixed, I upgraded my ram to play this game(it is now at 704 MB), yeah I got a laptop oh well I do't need to be told they are not good for gaming I just need to be told how to fix these last 2 problems.