Black screen of death on Laptop

Ok, I have a laptop and the same problem as a lot of other gamers, when i start up my game, everythings fine, all fast, then it gets to the character creation screen, i do everything there...once im done i click play..everythings going fine, loading screen appears, then it gets to the galaxy movie where the writing scrolls down, once thats done, it either shows me a bit of the game, then it crashes..or it just shows a black screen and crashes.

i cant use the ATI cats, neither update my driver any further, ive right now got omega drivers installed, so im not going to try anymore ATI ****...

please help...must be some way..we should not expect so many bugs with this game, i have been surprised to read from forum to forum and find so many people complaining, even on the xbox...ah...

ok, any help would be appreciated... <_<

Ok, I have a laptop and the same problem as a lot of other gamers, when i start up my game, everythings fine, all fast, then it gets to the character creation screen, i do everything there...once im done i click play..everythings going fine, loading screen appears, then it gets to the galaxy movie where the writing scrolls down, once thats done, it either shows me a bit of the game, then it crashes..or it just shows a black screen and crashes.

i cant use the ATI cats, neither update my driver any further, ive right now got omega drivers installed, so im not going to try anymore ATI ****...

please help...must be some way..we should not expect so many bugs with this game, i have been surprised to read from forum to forum and find so many people complaining, even on the xbox...ah...

I'm having the exact same problem on my laptop, my graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 so if anyone can give me some pointers I'd be grateful. At the moment I'm having to play it with the movies disabled (which is far from ideal) otherwise it just will not work unfortunately.

Ive got an ATI Radeon for notebooks...

This is so frustrating, atleast yours works with movies disabled, mine still doesnt

It's not just laptops! I just loaded my copy on my desktop running an ATI 9600se and I get the same black screen! Any ideas on this?

Look at this thread: Buyers Advice: DON'T and tell me if it worked as well for you as it did for me.

I'm having the exact same problem on my laptop, my graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 so if anyone can give me some pointers I'd be grateful. At the moment I'm having to play it with the movies disabled (which is far from ideal) otherwise it just will not work unfortunately.

Yo mate, can you send me your swkotor2.INI file please, i just want to see if it would work for me too without movies...i ofcourse already tried but nonetheless, please upload it.

Yo mate, can you send me your swkotor2.INI file please, i just want to see if it would work for me too without movies...i ofcourse already tried but nonetheless, please upload it.

Well...get this, I downloaded the omega catalyst driver for my graphics card with absolutely no confidence it would work...and what do you know, it now works with movies! Well they do say that what you gain in one area you lose in another and how right they are. Now it keeps slowing down and crashing in Dantooine and I can't get any further :(

It's fair to say I've reached the end of my tether with the PC version, the world and his wife will not make this game work properly. Gonna take it back and get the xbox version *sigh* and to think I'd just about recovered from the whole Half Life 2 fiasco...NOT HAPPY :)

Damn, this whole thing sucks, i hate it, nothing works properly, damn you obsidian! I cant even ****ing return the game, please upload your ini file, its located inyour folder.

Why can't you take it back?? So long as you have the receipt you are within your rights to get a refund or an exchange.

Damn, this whole thing sucks, i hate it, nothing works properly, damn you obsidian! I cant even ****ing return the game, please upload your ini file, its located inyour folder.

Why can't you take it back?? So long as you have the receipt you are within your rights to get a refund or an exchange.

I cant, the receipt etc does not matter they said, because its a pc game, and its installed on my pc(i uninstalled it when i was returning it, but installed it again since no refund...), they will not take my word that it does not work, full of **** i know ,but thats the way the fukers are.

Im just going to keep it...see if obsidian release a patch...

I cant, the receipt etc does not matter they said, because its a pc game, and its installed on my pc(i uninstalled it when i was returning it, but installed it again since no refund...), they will not take my word that it does not work, full of **** i know ,but thats the way the fukers are.

I suspect this will be a problem for many of us. One good reason why some of us would like a statement on the patch progress, if any. The clock is ticking and the longer we leave it the more difficult it will be to get a refund. All too common these days for stores to pull this one. Some even have the cheek to say that if the shrinkwrap is broken they wont accept a refund. Naturally, it's a bit difficult to determine if a game will run without having access to the CDs. Don't know where your from Immortal but here in the UK the threat of reporting the store to Trading Standards usually results in a quick turn around in the stance of these f***sters. Stand your ground and don't ask for a refund, demand one. You are entitled to this.

I suspect this will be a problem for many of us. One good reason why some of us would like a statement on the patch progress, if any. The clock is ticking and the longer we leave it the more difficult it will be to get a refund. All too common these days for stores to pull this one. Some even have the cheek to say that if the shrinkwrap is broken they wont accept a refund. Naturally, it's a bit difficult to determine if a game will run without having access to the CDs. Don't know where your from Immortal but here in the UK the threat of reporting the store to Trading Standards usually results in a quick turn around in the stance of these f***sters. Stand your ground and don't ask for a refund, demand one. You are entitled to this.

yeah im from UK, im gnna actually demand a refund, but first, im going to give obsidian less then a week for a patch..thanks for the advice.

Immortal, same here. I'm going to give it a week also. Anything longer and generally, getting a refund can become a real chore, due to silly little jobsworths rather than any legal issue. Like I said earlier there are certainly ways to push this but I'd rather just hand the game over and get my money back same day. Hope you (we) can get it working before then but good luck in any case.

I'm from the UK also, I got my copy from Game and they said the same thing when I bought it. However, I have worked in retail for 6 years (in the game department of a store) and speaking from personal experience if you say your game is faulty the store won't have a leg to stand on. Plus, installed on your PC or not, the game will not work without the first disc.

Anyway, hope you finally get it working and none of this is an issue :thumbsup: