Poll for users with XP- SP2 only

I have XP (home or Professional) -SP2 and ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. I have XP (home or Professional) -SP2 and ?

• The game works correctly.
    • The game has some errors.

If you have XP with service pack 2 installed there are some programs that will not execute.  Is this one of the programs that have issues with the operating system?

:( sadly, the only "safe" way to install SP2 is immediatelly after a fresh install of XP, otherwise programs will or may become unusable. Even if a program is installed following the install of SP2, and SP2 wasn't installed immediatelly after XP, the problem still occurs. (in other words, you had the computer runing for weeks/months/years before installing SP2)

yeah it's annoying, but it happens. My best advice for this sort of situation, and in which you definatelly do not want to reformat (which most people don't, lol) I would create a new partition and put xp on that as well, and use that one for games, or whatever progs don't work now.

If you have XP with service pack 2 installed there are some programs that will not execute.  Is this one of the programs that have issues with the operating system?

:) sadly, the only "safe" way to install SP2 is immediatelly after a fresh install of XP, otherwise programs will or may become unusable. Even if a program is installed following the install of SP2, and SP2 wasn't installed immediatelly after XP, the problem still occurs. (in other words, you had the computer runing for weeks/months/years before installing SP2)

Not true.

WinXP has been happily installed on my computer for over a year now and after I installed SP2, *everything* is working as it should.

Not true.

WinXP has been happily installed on my computer for over a year now and after I installed SP2, *everything* is working as it should.

Agreed, SP2 gets the blame of many faults with new games these days. I'm no Bill Gates fanboy for sure but please stop using SP2 as a scapegoat for lousy programming. This does not help us arrive at a solution to the problems we are experiencing. Trees and barking spring to mind. I voted only to help try and put this nonsense down once and for all. SP2 is not a new update anymore so devs should be well aware of any conflicts in advance, if they even exist at all. Upon it's fist release I installed it on top of an existing system with plenty of apps and games. Guess what, no probems whatsoever. Since then, I've reformatted and reinstalled with SP2 the first thing applied to this virgin install. Guess what, no difference to what I was used to before.

I haven't had an issue with anything since upgrading to SP2 (I used the admin update when it was made available) that can be attributed to Windows itself and I've never reinstalled WinXP. This isn't to say you won't have problems at all, but just that SP2 will not likely be the cause.

The SP2 never messed up with my programs nor the Windows itself after installing. No one difference, no one change. I've just set some programs to not be run with the memory protection and I never had a glitch or any issue. I don't think the SP2 is responsible for all the mess with Ati cards.