Ideas for KOTOR3

The thing I'm wondering is how can they pull off the third installment and still keep the gender option consistantly.

I noticed, in some of Kreia's last lines of dialoge, she refers to Revan as "he" even though I chose Reven from the beginning to be a female.

And in addition of having Exile as a dual-gender character, he/she does not even have a real name.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's definately a writer's nightmare to create the closure for these two characters.

So, as much as I would like to see Revan and the Exile back as major characters, the size of the game would increase as much as 4 times (two Revans and two Exiles sequences). There would have to be some REAL clever of writing and technical execution to pull this off. Again, not impossible, but if they can do it, it's going to have to be a ground-breaking game, or else it just won't fly. Sorry, but another incomplete effort like KOTOR2 will not go well at all with fans.

The thing I'm wondering is how can they pull off the third installment and still keep the gender option consistantly.

I noticed, in some of Kreia's last lines of dialoge, she refers to Revan as "he" even though I chose Reven from the beginning to be a female.

And in addition of having Exile as a dual-gender character, he/she does not even have a real name.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's definately a writer's nightmare to create the closure for these two characters.

So, as much as I would like to see Revan and the Exile back as major characters, the size of the game would increase as much as 4 times (two Revans and two Exiles sequences). There would have to be some REAL clever of writing and technical execution to pull this off. Again, not impossible, but if they can do it, it's going to have to be a ground-breaking game, or else it just won't fly. Sorry, but another incomplete effort like KOTOR2 will not go well at all with fans.

IF they were to have revan and the exile as protagonists or joinable characters in kotor3, the best solution ive seen presented is i believe enderwiggins, who said something like the game should be broken down in to two perspectives, where you play a certain amount of the game as the exile, then when you get to a certain point, you play a certain amount of the game from revans perspective, then at the climax both meet up.

IF they were to have revan and the exile as protagonists or joinable characters in kotor3, the best solution ive seen presented is i believe enderwiggins, who said something like the game should be broken down in to two perspectives, where you play a certain amount of the game as the exile, then when you get to a certain point, you play a certain amount of the game from revans perspective, then at the climax both meet up.

It would be the best way to go. However, ulness their genders have nothing to do with the story and dialogs, the climax still needs 4 variations (1: boy Revan + boy Exile, 2: boy Revan + girl Exile, 3: girl Revan + boy Exile, 4: girl Revan + girl Exile)

A good idea would be for none of your ideas to get into the game :(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Screw revan. Forget the Exile. Start a new character. In KOTOR you started with a neutrally aligned character (after the mind wipe). In KOTOR II you started with a former jedi. Why not, in KOTOR III, you start as a fledgling Sith padawan bathed in the teachings of the sith and living under the brutal conditions of a sith academy. Revan and/or the Exile makes contact with you, and everything goes downhill from there.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Screw revan. Forget the Exile. Start a new character. In KOTOR you started with a neutrally aligned character (after the mind wipe). In KOTOR II you started with a former jedi. Why not, in KOTOR III, you start as a fledgling Sith padawan bathed in the teachings of the sith and living under the brutal conditions of a sith academy. Revan and/or the Exile makes contact with you, and everything goes downhill from there.

Good idea, but that should have been made with KOTOR 2.

Now KOTOR 2 is made the way it is, we need to have a conclusion in the story.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Won't work. KOTOR is now being based on a trilogy. Trilogies have one dominant hero, and demand closure. In doing so either Revan or Exile have to be chosen in order to finally end the story.

having a New PC will be ill placed, and useless. Nor to I care to learn how this new PC has lost his powers.

*Also we must remember that there are no more Jedi save Revan and the Exile(possibly Bastila and Jolee). All Revan and Malaks Sith were finished off at Telos, so there are no more force users left, and it should be kept that way. IT moves the story along, and gives that sence of intensity knowing that only a 4 or 5 Jedi remain.*

KOTOR 3 needs to be Epic, an explosive story filled with action, climatic battles, and an end to the story. It won't work any other way.

the idea of Revan, Exile, or both being the PC is becoming a popular idea among many now. Hopefully other will see that to end a Star Wars story, you don't need 3 hero's.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Just my 2 cents:

Revan and Exile both gone where they gone

Kotor 3 should return them TWO TOGETHER and WITH some parties on their own(Bastila and Handmaiden/Visas(or both)) as a plot idea that the TRUE Sith should be fought.

Would make sence since Exile was Revan`s right hand(he was leader of Republic fleet for Christ`s sake) and Revan isn`t dead :(

Bastila is alive and a MUST for Revan`s old party..Handmaiden/Visas/Disciple are ALIVE and a must for Exile`s party(possibly questions about the BOTH endings(kotor 1 and 2) to clear the party members)

JUst a thought...

Oh yes..and have that friggin` lightsaber from START and at least the characters above to be Jedi/Sith/Neutrals and have an influence option to make them really good or evil :)

The ship for Revan has sailed when they didn't include him in the last game. Its easy enough to have a new character, sorry Revan Fanbois

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

hhmm....well

Exile was not Revan's right hand anything. It even says in a load screen that those whose loyalties and dedication to Revan were sent to do battle at Malachor V. Also, whenever the exile discuses anything about Revan is always in a very removed sense, they way you'd talk about someone you've met and know of, but don't really know.

Won't work. KOTOR is now being based on a trilogy. Trilogies have one dominant hero, and demand closure. In doing so either Revan or Exile have to be chosen in order to finally end the story.

having a New PC will be ill placed, and useless. Nor to I care to learn how this new PC has lost his powers.

So says you. I happen to think you're completely wrong and that bringing back the Exile or Revan would be ill placed and useless, since they have already served their purpose in the over-arching storyline.

And where do you come up with this "It's being based on a Trilogy. Trilogies have one Dominent hero" crap? It's not "being based" on anything, other than the story designs that the various studios have cobbled together for fun gameplay. And since it's already had two dominent heroes then your theory is already shot down.

A new character, be it a sith acolyte, Jedi Padawan, or a joe-nobody force sensitive, can easily tell the story of the war with the True Sith, the rebirth of a stronger Republic, and give "closure" to the storyline.

Look at KOTOR2 and how it put some of Revans actions in a new light. It could only do that from an outside perspective, namely from the Exiles perspective. Now in KOTOR3 they could use a fresh perspective to shed light on the events surrounding the Exile and Revan and easily close the story from that narrative view.

Oh, Laozi. The Ship came back into port when Obsidian was foolish enough to make Revan a focal point of KOTOR 2. Now he's more important than ever.

Oh, Dark Nuke, you can easily finish Revan's story the same way you continued it TSL. That would seem pretty easy to conclude yourself, but I'm here for you if you need any such help.

I'm torn between both ideas. Personally, I wanted KOTOR II to be about something else, perhaps 100 years into the future, Revan and Bastila long dead, perhaps having had some Jedi kids who you may run into, and a story line where I didn't have to worry about Revan anymore.

But as was said above, when Revan came back for this one, and played a central role in the situation the PC found himself in, I now need to know what happened to Revan. Personally, the only person I feel capable of handling that is me. I want Revan to end up how I want him to end up. I want to be in control of his fate, so at the end of KOTOR III, I'm not going "BULL****, REVAN SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED/NEVER RETURNED/LEFT BASTILA/INSERT AWFUL ENDING!!!!"

Same for the Exile. I want to end his story how I want to end it, because thats how RPGs work, and Obsidian has created a situation in which the story needs to be fulfilling, and unless they are able to pull some crazy **** out of their ass, then I don't think they are going to be able to make it fulfilling.

But, on the other hand, a new PC isn't a terrible thing. It could make for an interesting perspective on how the actions of the Exile and Revan are percieved. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a force sensitive Mandalorian be the PC. The Mandalorians have been striving to learn the ways of the lightsaber and Jedi so as to combat them, so why not have one of them be the PC.

Damn you, Obsidian for making this difficult.

hhmm....well

Exile was not Revan's right hand anything.  It even says in a load screen that those whose loyalties and dedication to Revan were sent to do battle at Malachor V.  Also, whenever the exile discuses anything about Revan is always in a very removed sense, they way you'd talk about someone you've met and know of, but don't really know.

So says you. I happen to think you're completely wrong and that bringing back the Exile or Revan would be ill placed and useless, since they have already served their purpose in the over-arching storyline.

And where do you come up with this "It's being based on a Trilogy. Trilogies have one Dominent hero" crap? It's not "being based" on anything, other than the story designs that the various studios have cobbled together for fun gameplay. And since it's already had two dominent heroes then your theory is already shot down.

A new character, be it a sith acolyte, Jedi Padawan, or a joe-nobody force sensitive, can easily tell the story of the war with the True Sith, the rebirth of a stronger Republic, and give "closure" to the storyline.

Look at KOTOR2 and how it put some of Revans actions in a new light. It could only do that from an outside perspective, namely from the Exiles perspective. Now in KOTOR3 they could use a fresh perspective to shed light on the events surrounding the Exile and Revan and easily close the story from that narrative view.

And I think your ignorant for wanting something as stupid as a New PC. A new PC isn't needed, we have a new PC's.

KOTOR has been put into a trilogy format, and all trilogies that have been made always have a central Hero. Whether it be, Neo,Luke, Anakin, or Frodo.

And no a new Force user would not bring closure to the story. He would be useless to the overall plot, having a less than important connection that some how gives him the reason to destroy the Sith. The True Sith ar Revans enemy, not some no-body who comes along.

Two dominant hero's are fine, but another isn't needed. It will feel less like a trilogy if such a thing is allowed to happen.

Revan started it, he should finish it. Of course the Exile is good too.

We don't need a fresh perspective. This is the end of the game. I'm not looking for a fresh perspective, I'm looking for the hero to finish his job.

Revan and the Exile still have story to tell. More so for Revan. He hasn't finished the job. He has a war to fight, demons to battle, a girl to kiss.

Oh, Laozi. The Ship came back into port when Obsidian was foolish enough to make Revan a focal point of KOTOR 2. Now he's more important than ever.

Oh, Dark Nuke, you can easily finish Revan's story the same way you continued it TSL. That would seem pretty easy to conclude yourself, but I'm here for you if you need any such help.

My dearest Laozi, no you can't. Because Revan is now to important to push into the background. He must have closure, and that closure needs to be in the hands of the player.

My dearest Darth Nuke. lets not play coy, your decision is in no way influenced by TSL you are just adament in your want to "play with Revan again". If TSL had said that Revan was shrunk down and injected into Jolee's butt then you would be demanding that we must play Revan as he/she tries to escape Jolee's bloodstream.

hhmm....well

Exile was not Revan's right hand anything.  It even says in a load screen that those whose loyalties and dedication to Revan were sent to do battle at Malachor V.  Also, whenever the exile discuses anything about Revan is always in a very removed sense, they way you'd talk about someone you've met and know of, but don't really know.

Revan crushed the Mandalorians in the Malachor V battle as leader and strategist... Exile was the General of the Republic Fleet(that makes him in charge of the fleet movement and the ground attacks as well as we learn from...) thus yes he was the right hand of Revan if we don`t count Malak who was his FRIEND and later apprentice(most trusted friend from kotor 1 - and who decides to take Revan`s path to darkness as well due to the influence the charismatic leader had)

I changed my mind again.

After thinking about a bit, (not much is the truth)

I think

we should start the game with the exile, who is now travelling to outer rim and his connection to the Force has also been reduced (this could also give the opportunity to have him as a non force sensitive character) and then later, something about lvl 15 you meet Revan who has been caught by the true Sith.

The exile then comes with a plan to save Revan (as Revan is the only one who can fight the true Sith) and in that the exile may die or not (the player should be able to choose, maybe in regard of LS or DS).

Then you have Revan, who is also terribly weakened after his cappture. You then go back to known space and gather your stregth by seeking out ohter Jedi (Master Vandar could be one of them or you simply revisit Koriban or Atris academy to study some Sith holocrons).

During that time you meet with new and old NPCs.

But something like this would require the game to be truly epic, maybe 50-60 hours or more.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom