Congratulations on Screwing it up Obsidian

So, the game was of poor quality...

get over it, It's not like 50-70 $ can be considered a lot of money to waste...

... I've used lot more on a lousy stake in a restaurant.

there's a patch coming up and at least us PC gamers get something fixed (unlike those poor X-Boxers) .

Be nice now...

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

you are wrong.  video games release at the following price points: $49.99, $39.99, $29.99, and $19.99 for xbox, gcn, ps2, and pc.  all you do is continue to make excuses for how it was ok for them to release an unfinished game AT FULL PRICE.  however, there is no excuse.

furthermore, i would like to say, to the people who keep saying that they did good for the time they had, why are you arguing in favor of an unfinished product? it doesn't matter what time they had. what matters is the product they released and the price they put on it. they put a price of $50 on it which is the same as them equating it to any finished game that took 3-4 years to create. to put this in perspective, consider this:

if you went to see a movie and you payed the same to see that movie as you would to see any other movie (around $7) and what you got was a movie that was sloppily thrown together in 1 year, had huge holes in the story and at the end you just had someone describe to you what happened instead of having scenes that show it, would you walk out of the theatre saying, "it was just fine for the little time they had to work on it?" hell no you wouldn't, you'd be in an uproar about it! you paid your pull-price to see that movie and damn it you want want you paid for!

if lucas put episode III together in a year, left alot of the story out and just had someone on film tell you what happened, i'm 100% sure you'd feel cheated and be in an uproar telling everyone you know how bad it was and not to go see it and how you paid full price to see the movie but you didn't get a grade A movie that had been in production for 3 to 4 years, but instead you wasted your money on a B-movie with sloppy editing and an almost non-existant ending.

what is the difference? we were cheated. we paid full price for an unfinished product! how can people just sit back and accept this?

Those adjustments are retail, and they dont vary that much except in the case of budget software. Look at all the new releases and they retail at around the same price ragardless of how much they cost to make. Nowhere in the games world will find the

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You are at the end of the day responsible for how you spend your money. Whining about how you were conned just makes you look like a fool who dosnt have the common sense to look before buying.

How could he have known? Most reviews out there gives it very high grades, simply because the reviewers didn't bother to play it through...

how many games can u name that do not have any bugs?

how many games can u name that u do not have any issues with how they plotted out the game?

Only thing I remenber being patched in Wing Commander games were joystick calibration issues and Windows 98 mode.

I been around for a long time, years ago games were patched to support new hardware and software that was released after the game.

The reason games are shipped with so many bugs are because of people like you, people that expect the patch to fix the issues in the game.

I said it once and say it again, we have buggy releases because they can get away with it.

drakron.png

Ah, I think the real question is how many games can you name that have 'as many' bugs as Kotor 2?  :huh:

Battle Cruiser 3000.. Should be enough there to cover ten KOTOR II's.

Actually the difficulty with PC bugs is just how many are down to the game and how many are down to the PC.

I found one on the Xbox in four games though. Which was using the airspeeder wont trigger a cutscene because you have to enter a certain transit point.

Anything else was too minor to notice. Although I probably got an extra lightsaber or two because I did whatever causes that to happen.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh is that so, smartass? Well how do you suggest he looks at the game without *buying* it first?

Did I say anywhere he had to look at the game? No, thought not. So save your smartass comments for someone who cares.

The Xbox version has been out three months. Now unless you expected some sort of miraculous extra's for the PC in which case your fault, you need look no further than that.

478327[/snapback]

Did I say anywhere he had to look at the game? No, thought not. So save your smartass comments for someone who cares.

The Xbox version has been out three months. Now unless you expected some sort of miraculous extra's for the PC in which case your fault, you need look no further than that.

Eh... yes, you *did* say he had to look at the game. :p

Or if not the game, then what exactly did you want him to look at? :huh:

And not everyone have access to an xbox, you know. I, for one, have never even played on one.

Eh... yes, you *did* say he had to look at the game. :p

Or if not the game, then what exactly did you want him to look at? :huh:

And not everyone have access to an xbox, you know. I, for one, have never even played on one.

Anyone with internet access has no excusses. :-"

If you buy PC software on the day, or even week of release your asking for trouble.

I bought my copy of KOTOR II on the day of release (Xbox UK) but I also bought it with the knowledge that I could take it back for a full refund. :cool:

478327[/snapback]

Anyone with internet access has no excusses.  :huh:"

I checked some reviews, but how was I to know that the reviewers didn't bother to report on the FULL game, but only the first half or so of it?

If you buy PC software on the day, or even week of release your asking for trouble.

I didn't.

I bought my copy of KOTOR II on the day of release (Xbox UK) but I also bought it with the knowledge that I could take it back for a full refund.  :cool:

I do not have that luxuary.

I checked some reviews, but how was I to know that the reviewers didn't bother to report on the FULL game, but only the first half or so of it?

I didn't.

I do not have that luxuary.

Always take reviews with a pinch of salt. Learned that lesson from NwN.

Congratulations on your common sense.

Such is life. Still, waiting a week or two makes no difference anyway. It's why I never really minded that the US got games a month or so in advance. By the time they got here they were usually patched. Dosnt really apply now on consoles, but I used to appreciate having a whole country of beta testers.

478327[/snapback]

you are wrong.  video games release at the following price points: $49.99, $39.99, $29.99, and $19.99 for xbox, gcn, ps2, and pc.  all you do is continue to make excuses for how it was ok for them to release an unfinished game AT FULL PRICE.  however, there is no excuse.

I agree, but I fail to see how this is Obsidian's fault. They made the game given the timeframe that Lucas Arts assigned to the game, knowing that it would be impossible to keep and knowing that the game was unfinished published it anyway. Again, how is this Obsidian's fault? Lucas Arts is the publisher. Lucas Arts sets the deadlines. Lucas Arts released the game. Lucas Arts did the QA. Obsidian simply developed the game as ordered and Lucas Arts got what they wanted.

furthermore, i would like to say, to the people who keep saying that they did good for the time they had, why are you arguing in favor of an unfinished product? it doesn't matter what time they had. what matters is the product they released and the price they put on it. they put a price of $50 on it which is the same as them equating it to any finished game that took 3-4 years to create. to put this in perspective, consider this:

I am not in favor of an unfinished product and you are correct that it doesn't matter how much time they had to develope the game. It matters only when the game is released to the public and guess what dipstick: THAT WAS LUCAS ARTS' CALL NOT OBSIDIAN'S!

if you went to see a movie and you payed the same to see that movie as you would to see any other movie (around $7) and what you got was a movie that was sloppily thrown together in 1 year, had huge holes in the story and at the end you just had someone describe to you what happened instead of having scenes that show it, would you walk out of the theatre saying, "it was just fine for the little time they had to work on it?" hell no you wouldn't, you'd be in an uproar about it! you paid your pull-price to see that movie and damn it you want want you paid for!

Apples and oranges, my man. It is far more involved in making a game than making a movie. I have worked on game modding with NWN and have working on screenplays. The writing alone is easier in the movie than the game. It would be far more involved to get an engine to work than work a blue screen.

if lucas put episode III together in a year, left alot of the story out and just had someone on film tell you what happened, i'm 100% sure you'd feel cheated and be in an uproar telling everyone you know how bad it was and not to go see it and how you paid full price to see the movie but you didn't get a grade A movie that had been in production for 3 to 4 years, but instead you wasted your money on a B-movie with sloppy editing and an almost non-existant ending.

I plan on doing that because of Episode 1 and the lame arse changes he did to the original movies. I have no interest in any future movies of old Georgie boy.

what is the difference? we were cheated. we paid full price for an unfinished product! how can people just sit back and accept this?

Yes, you were, but go after the ones responsible. Lucas Arts. They have all the rights. The hold all the keys. They control the horizontal. The control the vertical. They control future support for KotOR 2 and KotOR 3. Lucas Arts set the time table. Lucas Arts set the release date. Lucas Arts controls the patches. WHAT THE HELL CAN OBSIDIAN DO ABOUT IT!?!?!? Nothing, except never do business with them again, which I hope they don't.