Congratulations on Screwing it up Obsidian

-Random crashes (that never happened in the original)

-Voice-over dialogue sequences being skipped/don't display properly at times

-Horrible framerate at times

-Many spelling errors/typos in dialogue

-Trained Feats reseting and forever lost after training them (flurry mastery, for example)

-MANY broken side quests (especially on Dantooine)

Been playing it for a week and it crashed two times already. But I haven't encountered the list of your bugs. Maybe it's your PC you need to congratulate?

OK, just finished it...and...I have changed my mind about it, the lack of any closure on numerous plot elements is killing me. If I didn't know better I would swear that is just an ending to make way for an expansion pack or something.

In regards to crashes....I havn't had a crash to desktop crash yet. Had a few ones where it crashed back to main menu and what not, had some pretty bizzare occurances (Like guys getting stuck inside my room on Telos because the door closed too quickly.....people having conversations with empty force cages...)

Its not a game that I quite enjoyed and thought was brilliant. I really regret playing the last 5 minutes though....ruined it for me.

When I played K1, I had a comp with an ATI 9600 -- my game crashed to the desktop on almost EVERY load screen. The game also screwed up brightness levels for every program on my comp, and don't even talk to me about the color shifts! Not only that, I had a crummy rollerball mouse and I couldn't bring down all the Sith fighters before the Hawk blew up -- I actually had to go out and buy a new mouse so I could finally make it to Dantooine!

Was I really peeved that I blew the Carth romance quest because I didn't realize that the Star Maps prompted new dialogue rather than when you gained levels? Or that no matter what I did, Juhani's slaver refused to show up the second time and I had to listen to her complain endlessly that her Cathar blood was seething with rage? Boy, was I ever!

None of those things stopped me from playing the game. It's still in my top 10 of any game ever.

I played K2 through several times (on XBox) and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I didn't encounter any game-stopping problems. Certainly nothing on the level of K1. I also think the K2 story is brilliant, far exceeding the scope of K1. Kreia is an amazingly complex villaness -- truly Machiavellian.

I believe the designers at Obsidian put their hearts and souls into K2, and it's sad they have to take the heat for cost-cutting decisions made by the number crunchers.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I believe the designers at Obsidian put their hearts and souls into K2

if they did....then the people would not post about bugs.....specially the crashing bug. :)"

* other bugs i saw i dont care much...its just the crashing stuff after 15 min or loading a new area.

* game story is nice :( . (light side i passed) i would do dark side to.....but when the new patch is released. ;)

I believe the designers at Obsidian put their hearts and souls into K2

if they did....then the people would not post about bugs.....specially the crashing bug. :)"

* other bugs i saw i dont care much...its just the crashing stuff after 15 min or loading a new area.

* game story is nice :( . (light side i passed) i would do dark side to.....but when the new patch is released. ;)

For a years work you would be suprised how hard they worked... Developers came in during weekends to keep crunch time at bay ffs!

I also think the K2 story is brilliant, far exceeding the scope of K1.  Kreia is an amazingly complex villaness -- truly Machiavellian.

I believe the designers at Obsidian put their hearts and souls into K2, and it's sad they have to take the heat for cost-cutting decisions made by the number crunchers. 

I agree with you, depth of the story and the well written dialogues blows up any bugs for me. Besides, if there is a bug, there is a patch. But there is no remedy for an ugly storyline.

Well, I just finished the game ... the final end-movie has no sound. I even rebooted and reloaded to my final save and still no sound ... lovely. There were two other occassions in the game where certain movies in-game just would not play sound but all of the others worked fine ... but I guess this is what happens when a game isn't properly tested.

I give the game 8/10 ... could have easily been a 9 or 9.5/10 if it didn't have all the massive technical problems.

I give the game 8/10 ... could have easily been a 9 or 9.5/10 if it didn't have all the massive technical problems.

not trying to be condescending or rude or anything, but youve complained (off and on) for the past 13 pages about this game, but still rate it a 8 out of 10?

weird, when i complain as much as you have about a game.....whether it be technical problems, story problems, whatever.....i dont end up giving it a good rating.

the last game i played that gave me as many problems as this one seems to give you, was bloodlines. id rate it a solid 6 because of how unplayable it was for me. and thats despite the fact i enjoyed the story and characters.

^^I have to agree that seems like a pretty high rating

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well 80% is a relative success. I mean its not a hard goal to achieve and remember the principal advertisers in ANY gaming 'zine are game developers. You can't piss off your constituents if your part of the gaming industry. If you look at the huge numbers of abd games out and the number of scores below 70% its outragiously disproportionite

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't think it's that bad. I purchased the game last Thursday and have been playing it for a few days now.

I'm running the game on a laptop with questionable graphics power (GeForce4 Go chip) and the graphics are trimmed down to the max because of it (No AA, 800x600 resolution, no grass, etc).

Have I experienced bugs? You bet.

Have they been major? Not in the least.

I've noticed that the group members don't retain the commands given when you switch away from them, don't adhere well to their designated fighting style, and when they do, seem to make rather poor choices IMO.

One example is using force powers with a range of 10m repeatedly from a pretty good distance from the enemy. Then draining their force powers and being just about useless to me.

I've noticed on occasion that the dialog will proceed ultra-fast, almost skipping parts entirely and only stopping when it needs player input for dialog choices. This has been rare for me and I'd like to point out that I STILL get this same bug in Kotor with the 1.0.3 patch.

Kotor wasn't perfect, and still isn't. Bioware made it clear that LA made the decision that there would be no more patches for KOTOR despite the fact that MANY, MANY people were calling for a 1.0.4 patch on the bioware forums after 3 was released.

KOTOR2 is based on the same engine that powered KOTOR. It's only fair to expect that any lingering issues that still exist in KOTOR would likely show up in KOTOR2. As I mentioned the malfunctioning dialog bug exists in both games for me. But I can live with that. After a dozen or so times playing through the game, this bug becomes a bit of a blessing rather than a curse, IMO.

I also have never played a game that was perfect. I actually learned a great deal from games not functioning perfectly straight out of the box.

Those asking where the tech support is, I'll tell you you're just as well off using forums like this asking experienced users for help rather than trying to talk to some flunky in India who can only read you suggestions from a computer screen in front of him.

I encountered only one bug whereby people appear where they are not supposed to, but it hasnt messed my game up, i still give K2 9.5/10!!!  :("  (w00t)

I keep experiencing a bug where when I equip a weapon, I will 95% of the time always miss my target but if I fight with no weapons what so ever, I will hit the target more often. I have decided not to play the game anymore until that is fixed cause there is really no point in playing a game where my character keeps missing the target 95% of the time:) There really isn't an excuse for it being this buggy.

I love KOTOR1, and comparing it with KOTOR 2 , I must say that KOTOR2 falls way short. I wanted so much to like KOTOR2, but after playing it, I am really disappointed, maybe its the result of all the expectations and hype?

I felt the game lack the polish of the first. Technical issues aside, the story implementation is so disjointed, cut scenes that is not consistant, eg.

-when GOTO shot the little droid, and after that the droid is still floating around the Ebon Hawk with no explanation wat so ever.

-at the ending when GOTO trys to stop the droid from detonating the bomb?Did he succeed or not? And if not, wat happen?

To me KOTOR1 is like the original SW trilogy, and KOTOR2 like episode 1 & 2. The game lacks the omph factor u noe.

I really hope that KOTOR 3, if it is to be release, will be better

I thougt of something last night, a few months ago my computer caught a virus (several viruses actually) which caused it to kick me out of programs, especially my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets game. I was just thinking that perhaps the people who are having so many problems with K2 crashing could be having a similar experience? <_<

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

What experience? Playing the Harry Potter game? Nope I don't think too many people here would play that game :geek:

I have had a few of those bugs. Specifically, I've experienced the speeded up text issue & sound suddenly disappearing from cinematics/cut-scenes on occasion (easily resolved by exiting the game completely & starting it up again). As for the others, thus far I never had a problem with disappearing feats & so forth. However, there were a few irritating unresolved quests. I don't know what happened with the Telos fuel supply issue, quite possibly I did it in the wrong order or something. I talked to Vogga about G0T0 AFTER coming back from G0T0's yacht, so maybe that's what it was. At any rate, the Telos issue was never resolved according to G0T0 (did manage to get paid for Dantooine & Onderon). Plus, there was the Jedi reputation thingy which never resolved (if it was even supposed to), what was the deal with that one? The defense of Khoonda was a little screwy too, as people whom I neglected to ask to join the militia before the battle still have that option popping up after I visited them later (like the salvagers).

I was just thinking that perhaps the people who are having so many problems with K2 crashing could be having a similar experience?  <_<

dont think so......this is what they wrote in the readme.

###############################################################

--------------------------------------------------------------

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II Manual Errata/Updates

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------

Known Issues

------------

--------------------

Intermittent Crashes

--------------------

The game may freeze or crash to a blank screen if you play

in one level for extended periods of time. This was typically

seen when playing the game between thirty and forty minutes

without transitioning to a new level or movie. We recommend

that you save the game often to avoid losing progress if you

encounter this issue. If this occurs, we recommend that you

defragment your hard drive and set your Page file settings

to allow Windows to manage your virtual memory. Please consult

the Performance section of the troubleshooting guide for more

information.

------------------------------------

Gear Shift Re-Mapping for Swoop Race

------------------------------------

The Gear Shift function in the swoop race mini-game is set

to the Left mouse button and cannot be re-mapped. There is

no setting for this function in the Key Mapping options menu.

################################################################

well if a maker know those problems i dont understand why they released this game. they could wait for a month or something to fix this....now i am ****ing mad because it crash every ****ing 20 min or every 5 min....screw this game.

i wish i never bought it.

rate: 5/10 (story whas good)

if they make kotor 3 i hope bioware will do it......why because dont see any bugs...and they would reply on forums.

lucasarts and obsidian are not even responding on the topics.