Congratulations on Screwing it up Obsidian

There are four sidequest that I know can not be completed after completing other quests. TSF bounties: criminals (Citadel Station/Telos), Ghosts to Rest, Cave Crawling(Dantooine) and Vogga the Hutt (Nar Shaddaa).  <_<

Actually all these side-quest can be completed.

I don't think that's what mellypie was saying. He/she (sorry, don't know) was saying that these quests can't be completed after you complete certain main plot quests.

For example, the Cave Crawling quest can't be completed after you confront Azkul and decide which side you're going to back. What you need to do is, before you even find Vrook, just go into the caves and kill the Kinrath queen and then go back to Khoonda and talk to Zherron.

Same thing with Vogga the Hutt. But after you escape from Goto's yacht and return to the Refugee Sector and have your confrontation or conversation with Zez-Kai El, you have to go back to Vogga at that point and tell him you've taken care of Goto.

This also applies to the sidequests on Citadel Station. I think once you leave the station for Telos' surface, those quests can't be completed. You have to do them before you leave even though you can always go back to the station at a later time.

Edit: Sorry. Forgot where I was.

The problem is, as someone else already pointed out, that this game does not have a place to list failed quests. So that even though the quest has been botched, it still appears in your journal as an active quest.

One of the many minor attention to detail things that fell through the cracks with this game.

I know one thing if OBSIDIAN trys this with NWN2-they are going to lose a hell of a fan based following.You can bet this game is under heavy scrutiny right now from the NWN community.Actually the Canadians are laughing as obsidian is the laughing stock of the RPG market right now.Especially if they dont patch this game.

Oh it can win all the GOTY awards editor awards it wants but there not the ones paying for the game.The community is and we are watching. :)"

11 pages lol BUMP bump bump

I know one thing if OBSIDIAN trys this with NWN2-they are going to lose a hell of a fan based following.

Yay!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) I won't have to play with illiterate powergaming 12 year olds online anymore!!!

You can bet this game is under heavy scrutiny right now from the NWN community.Actually the Canadians are laughing as obsidian is the laughing stock of the RPG market right now.Especially if they dont patch this game.

While there are bugs and signs of the game being rushed, the writing is solid, the plot has depth and breadth, and I generally enjoyed it immensely and consider it superior to KOTOR 1 or anything bioware can whip up, but let's not drown ourselves in the Bioware vs. Obsidian pit of flames.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I am watching Obsidian closely.  I have not noticed anyone from the company acknowledging the problems and telling us what they plan to do about it yet.  Very bad signs folks.  Obsidian may be digging its own grave.  <_<

Yes, Brannart. Watch Obsidian closely.

You might want to buy these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=48632

Be careful. Don't get discovered. Stick to the shadows. Oh, and the suicide pills are in your left pocket. Use them if you get caught and face immenent torture on Chris Avellone's rack.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

The BIO vs. Obsidian thing is stupid. It shouldn't be a competition. Judge the games on their own merits; not who made them. KTORO2 does some things worse; and does some things better.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"So says Bioware Fanboy Primo"

Differenc eis, I have not basahed Obsidian in my KOTOR2 discussions are. Nor ahve I said that if "BIo did this the game would be better". I've judged the game on its own merits. Period.

Okay I'm just about getting tired of all this whine whine whine and even more whining. Would you like some crackers and cheese with it? Seriously.

Lets count the days this game has been out on the PC.... has it even been a month yet? I know thats most definatly not the case in europe, as its been out what a weekend... I don't think its been out that much longer in the states though I will admit I'm unsure.

Firstly I'll like to point out I myself have experienced a few slight errors such as my player character freezing/becoming unresponsive after battle. I have concluded this only seems to happen in the parts of the game that you play solo though *shrugs*... and I've also experienced one or two crashes to desktop but only ater long gaming sessions... Yes I feel sorry for those of you that are having all these so called game breaking problems, but this is hardly cross the board problems. I'm not saying these things don't happen, I'm just saying they don't happen to every single persons game out there. So saying things like they've shipped a faulty product is nonsense. If that was true these clomplaints would ring true for 100% of the people with the game..

Fact is a lot of these problems are more than likely hardware related. While i won't doubt maybe more testing on a wider range of systems could have cut down on some, there always going to be these kinda of problems with PC gaming fact!. Theres just too many different components and brands out there, and anyone of them have the potential to cause problems.

Being a PC gamer now for going on nearly 10 years I've come to grips with this fact. if I had of been in the band of people having all these unslightly problems I know full well I wouldn't be coming here screaming blue murder when the game has only just hit the shelves more or less. I'd wait for the patch... of course if one wasn't coming then maybe I'd start the screaming...

It makes me laugh all the people here whining and moaning about this is obsidians faulty. I have a question for all the people who are crying and moaning on here, have you done everything neccesary to try get this game to work, such as the updating every driver/bios/chipset, defraging and last but not least totally blitzing your system to check if you get better results. No I bet many of you haven't cause of course it has to be someone elses fault. it couldn't possibly be your system that I just so notice you use for net browsing also has a whole heap of crap on it sucking the life out your rig. Seriously. if you haven't taken every step possible to eliminate your rig as being the problem in the equation, don't come here bitching and moaning.

If however you have (and that includes the blitzing your system part), I humbly ask you once more to also please quit bitching (though you are somewhat more justified than those who just come straight here and cry without eliminating the rig as the problem), at least until after someone at Obsidan says there will be no patch or at least a whole month or two after the products release (as after all patches take time). Once all these things have come to pass feel free to bitch and moan all you want secure in the knowledge that youv'e not been a cry baby, and at least are capable of acting somewhat maturely instead of a spoilt child saying 'Give me now! whahahahah!.

/Rant off!

Lets count the days this game has been out on the PC.... has it even been a month yet?

do you want a game that crash every ****ing 15 min.

this is so bad...every time i load a level after 20 min it crash.

if i am at the end of a sector and load a new sector it crash.

***if i could turn the times back i would....so i dont lost my money on a game that doesnt work perfect. 65% is working

"Thank god someone said it."

What's even scarier is I am the one to say it and it's not like I've been Sunshine Sam about KOTOR2. :wub:

But to me it's stupid to make this a BIO vs. OBsidian thing. That should be a non issue.

Personally, I'd just like a content update.

You know, the HK Factory and whatever was going on with HK-47 and T3-M4 on the whole navicomputer thing be fixed.

And learn what the hell was going on after G0-T0 zapped T3-M4. That's all. The bugs really weren't major. Couple of glitches that can be fixed with loading up the latest autosave or manual save.

Bugs aren't new to games. I'd just like to know what happend with those other quests that didn't get added in. Those looked neat.

</firstpost>

I havn't quite finished it yet....I will admit some bits let me dissappointed and for a good few hours I was pent up in rightous fury when I finally game out of that 'trance' that we call playing. It has bugs. Some of those bugs are awful. However...it does have a good/great story line. It kept me hooked...well...apart from the several moments I spent doing Asterix and Obelix impressions after finding the Jedi from Nar Shadaa...

I feel that a patch is necessary, but getting angry at the devs is pointless. I am sure many of you went through the same thing with MOO3 over at Atari/Infograms/WhichEverNameTheyAreUsingThisWeekToAvoidTheirBadReputation. Cooler heads prevail in these things.

Mind you if there isn't at least word of a patch within, I am sure my anger will overtake my late night placidity. KOTOR2 is a game that I thoroughly loved, and yet a game I would not recommend to my friends, which is a rather sad state of affairs.

Well, I never thought I'd see a buggy piece of software like this. And I do driver development for a living. How wrong was I.

I'm pretty sure that I have a 5900 FX (well, no ****, drivers install, board says it's 5900), but on my machine, I can't play for 5 minutes without a crash.

If AA or AF is turned on, game starts in a window.

At 1280x1024 with AA/AF off and everything else on, game crashes every 1-5 minutes, depending on area. Nar Shaddaa landing pad and Drux are the worst so far (Drux is where I am)

Turning down res doesn't matter. Turning off eye candy doesn't matter. Turning off sound doesn't matter.

Install latest drivers? Doesn't matter.

Funny......Nwn and KOTOR1 run flawlessly. I guess that's how much difference there is between Bioware and OE/LA.

Yes, I understand hte complexities involved in writing complex pieces of software, and **** that has to run on many systems. But this is RETARDED.

Well, I never thought I'd see a buggy piece of software like this. And I do driver development for a living.  How wrong was I.

I'm pretty sure that I have a 5900 FX (well, no ****, drivers install, board says it's 5900), but on my machine, I can't play for 5 minutes without a crash.

At 1280x1024 with AA/AF off and everything else on, game crashes every 1-5 minutes, depending on area. Nar Shaddaa landing pad and Drux are the worst so far (Drux is where I am)

Turning down res doesn't matter. Turning off eye candy doesn't matter. Turning off sound doesn't matter.

Funny......Nwn and KOTOR1 run flawlessly. I guess that's how much difference there is between Bioware and OE/LA.

Yes, I understand hte complexities involved in writing complex pieces of software, and **** that has to run on many systems. But this is RETARDED.

Wait a sec...you do driver development for a living yet you're not even sure what card you're running? wow.

Well, I never thought I'd see a buggy piece of software like this. And I do driver development for a living.  How wrong was I.

Wait a sec...you do driver development for a living yet you're not even sure what card you're running? wow.

Attempted sarcasm.

I saw all those ATI crash posts......

Note: Bit of a rant, mostly statements of fact and some opinion. I just wanted to get my two cents in.

Well, I bought the game on the 8th and I'm about three quarters of the way through my second game [i would damn having a life if I didn't enjoy it so much]. I've had some issues with the bugs, but I can usually run it for a couple of hours before it goes to hell and crashes. I'm annoyed, but I've definitely experienced worse before. I didn't have the major Dantooine problems a lot of people complain about, aside from the uncompletable sidequests, but I've had many of the voice over dialogue skipping problems to the point where I didn't bother exiting and restarting the game over and over. Sure, it was a hassle to go back to the message log every time, but I didn't feel the need to enter some homicidal rage and kill every living thing around me because of it or the random crashes.

There are definitely a lot more bugs that there were in KOTOR1 for me and I can say this with certainty because I beat that game for the sixth time a week and a half prior to getting the second. My computer more than meets the requirements for everything but the video card [Radeon 9100 Pro - I'm saving for university and dreaming of better days] which functions well enough. I'm aware of the problems surround ati cards so I won't dwell on that but I have enough patience to wait for a patch to come out.

Like Seether, what I want the most is the content that was cut. I heard about all the dialogue that was excluded so I went to check it out for myself. I have to say that if even a quarter of what I'd discovered had been present in the final project, I'd have been a much happier customer. One of the things I missed the most from the original game was all the character interaction and while a little bit of it exists in the game, it's not nearly as fun as it was before [did anyone else enjoy arguing with Bastila and Jolee all the time?]. There's tons of dialogue I would have liked to see and partake in the final game, it's just a shame that all that talented voice acting went to waste. The game seemed to drag on for me mostly because there wasn't any of that fun interaction between characters anymore.

Overall, TSL was a so-so game for me. If I were faced with a choice of buying it or getting classic Squaresoft RPG for the SNES, I'd probably go with the latter [whether or not that's a fair comparison I'll leave up to you]. I'm going to finish my second file, but I don't think I'll be touching the game after that for a long time, if ever. Unlike the original, I don't really have this burning desire to play it again. But in the end, I find that I am looking forward to KOTORIII despite all this since KOTORII seemed to be a rather large advertising for it at times. I'm not going to take sides or accuse anyone for the game's faults, but I'd like to ask if anyone else who played the game thought of Miyamoto Shigeru's famous little line regarding delays and good games?

??? I didn't run into any of the bugs on the original post.

most of mine were graphical issues. a few slowdowns (but only after about 5hours of play- I just exit and restart the game). a few skipped dialogues, and one looping dialogue.

I didn't notice any other problems (aside from the plot falling apart in the end). Yes I do blame them for not finished the product. The first 3/4 of the game is fantastic, and then the ending. bleh.

note: I did not try swoop racing, so I'm not sure if there are any problems with that.

well guess they fixed the crash stuff.....there is a patch release version 1.0a :D

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR2.htm

just a manual.. the patch was to fix the kotor2 manual.. cause it was corrupt :(

I like this game even with the bugs, doesnt bother me :(.. though i always thought the second kotor would allow us to build revan up more since he only finished as a lvl 11 Jedi where bastila was like 20. and the Exile was higher?

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

well guess they fixed the crash stuff.....there is a patch release version 1.0a :D

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR2.htm

The .zip includes just the manual, no game specific content.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Buy an x-box less mess and less stress

I have an XBOX, I just decided to wait for the PC version because I like higher resolution textures and better lighting/shadows.

And for those that say "this game runs fine on my system!" ... have a look at this:

http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/reviews/42011.shtml

KOTOR II boasts a few small visual enhancements, such as cleaner textures and new weather effects. But the performance is disappointing; the frame rate frequently sputtered even on a high-end test PC equipped with a 3.4 GHz processor, 2 gigs of RAM and a cutting-edge Radeon X800 XT.

So, as you can see ... it's not just "us" and it's not just Radeon cards because i have a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB and I still have framerate problems.

Adding the line "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" at the [Graphic Options]-tab in swkotor2.ini-file made my frame-rate issues go away without noticing any drop in graphics quality. Dantooine is running flawlessly now for me :(

My specs:

AMD Sempron 3000+

Radeon 9800

512MB ram

Running KotOR II at:

1024x768@85Hz

4xAA

8xAniso

Everything at high.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy