Congratulations on Screwing it up Obsidian

its you dude my pc kotor2 not 1 crashed or any of the bugs i encountered you mentioned.

Just me and thousands of others you mean? The PC version is plagued with problems. Maybe you're just not observant enough to catch the problems. The game was not tested ... or the product was knowingly shipped with major problems.

dude, just wait for a patch.

it has only been 4 days since it was released in the US and only 1 day in the UK, give them time to release a patch.

Just imagine Vampire Bloodlines, the game using Half Life 2 Source Engine, being SOOOOOOOO slow and activision says its our machines being too slow for it. (even a 3Ghz has slowdowns. lol)

Basicly, give it time and the problems will be fixed by lucasarts or by some fan. (which Lucasarts should do anything about since they should have ok'ed the patches anyway.)

yes every one who says kotor 2 is buggy or has bad fps should really be forced to play v:bl,man this game was buggy and had **** fps,kotor 2 is really far from beeing as buggy like this game.

its you dude my pc kotor2 not 1 crashed or any of the bugs i encountered you mentioned.

Just me and thousands of others you mean? The PC version is plagued with problems. Maybe you're just not observant enough to catch the problems. The game was not tested ... or the product was knowingly shipped with major problems.

it has only been 4 days since it was released in the US and only 1 day in the UK, give them time to release a patch.

Just imagine Vampire Bloodlines, the game using Half Life 2 Source Engine, being SOOOOOOOO slow and activision says its our machines being too slow for it. (even a 3Ghz has slowdowns. lol)

Basicly, give it time and the problems will be fixed by lucasarts or by some fan. (which Lucasarts should do anything about since they should have ok'ed the patches anyway.)

yes every one who says kotor 2 is buggy or has bad fps should really be forced to play v:bl,man this game was buggy and had **** fps,kotor 2 is really far from beeing as buggy like this game.

Dude, i don't have Kotor II yet, i am just trying to calm him down. lol

which obviously isn't working.

When Kotor came out, how long was it until 1.03 came out? (that is how long i had to wait to play my copy)

Again, we're talking about the PC version of the game, not XBOX.

It's pretty clear that the XBOX version received all of Obsidian's attention ... maybe in the future spare us from a sub-standard game and just focus on one platform?

I'm going to risk sounding a little rude here, and for that I apologize in advance, but have even bothered reading the Xbox technical help forum at all?

I played Vampire, with almost all the bugs that generally occurs, and that was a horribly bugged game. This one is worse. Almost unplayable, lost about 4 hours of gametime thanks to several corrupted saves, totally worthless dev attention (Hey! How about actaully telling us you know about the problems, and that u are working on it! Or wait, perhaps you arent), constant crashes, loads of problems on Danto, etc, etc, etc.

I dont care if LA made them release it too early, then its their fault for not having enough know how to write a good contract, that allows them to patch the game, and/or finish it before releasing it.

I played Vampire, with almost all the bugs that generally occurs, and that was a horribly bugged game. This one is worse. Almost unplayable, lost about 4 hours of gametime thanks to several corrupted saves, totally worthless dev attention (Hey! How about actaully telling us you know about the problems, and that u are working on it! Or wait, perhaps you arent), constant crashes, loads of problems on Danto, etc, etc, etc.

I dont care if LA made them release it too early, then its their fault for not having enough know how to write a good contract, that allows them to patch the game, and/or finish it before releasing it.

bitching about it won't make a difference, they will either patch it or they won't.

as long it dont effect me i can careless, i beat the game 5 x already not 1 crash  or ran into the bugs you mention i have been using a geforce 2 card mind you.

Again, we're talking about the PC version of the game, not XBOX.

It's pretty clear that the XBOX version received all of Obsidian's attention ... maybe in the future spare us from a sub-standard game and just focus on one platform?

I shouldn't have to "wait for a patch" ... I paid a lot of money for the game and it should have been done right in the first place.

um i was TALKING ABOUT THE PC KOTOR2 NOT xbox.

If you beat the PC version 5x already you're either a) lying or b) haven't slept in 5 days.

I just wanted to extend my congratulations for shipping a sequel littered with major gameplay bugs that could not have been missed if this game had been beta-tested *at all*.

Good job on screwing up the franchise.

Honestly, did you think that you could get away with pushing out a game that didn't even play right?  Let me list just a FEW of the problems that I've had so far and I'm not even half way through the game:

-Random crashes (that never happened in the original)

-Voice-over dialogue sequences being skipped/don't display properly at times

-Horrible framerate at times

-Many spelling errors/typos in dialogue

-Trained Feats reseting and forever lost after training them (flurry mastery, for example)

-MANY broken side quests (especially on Dantooine)

When are you going to learn that gamers do not stand for this BS.  Here's a piece of advice; don't make a game unless you're going to do it right because all you do is let down the community.

i played the game 15 hours so far and i didnt experience any of the bugs you mentioned,no crash ,no bad framerqate no broken quests ,i cant comment on the rest since i have the german version and spelling is fine there .for the crashes ,bad fps : let me gues you have a ati card am i right? the ogl support from ati is really horible and gets worser and worser with each driver version ,so dont blame obsidian ,blame ati for not making proper ogl support in their drivers !

ati makes good hardware but their drivers especaly the ogl part is really ****ty.

GeForce FX 5900

Just want to say i disagree totally. TSL is not only bug free so far on my PC, but moreover, it's funnier than the first one, more witty, and it's now more adult than k1.

LOL ... bug free. Just because you don't see or notice something glaring doesn't mean it isn't there. Feats disappearing at sporadic durations after being trained, side quests being broken in that some cannot be completed if plot quests are finished first -- forever stuck in your quest journal. And yes, there are many bugs early-on with dialogue where entire dialogue sequences are skipped with Kreia ... some people just don't notice it because they aren't pay enough attention.

might as well just ignore him and let him vent.  He just wants to piss and moan. Rational arguements against "Wronged Fans" is a waste of time?

If Obsidian had made a solid game then they wouldn't need all these people rushing to their defense.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

People just get high expectations of games and feel "betrayed" when they are not meet.

Of course a lot of that comes from hype done by the developers and publishers.

Honestly I dont know what anyone expected much from this games, the advertisement was more concentrated in SW:KotOR with was a clear indication they expected the game to sell based on the previous game fame.

drakron.png

People just get high expectations of games and feel "betrayed" when they are not meet.

Of course a lot of that comes from hype done by the developers and publishers.

Honestly I dont know what anyone expected much from this games, the advertisement was more concentrated in SW:KotOR with was a clear indication they expected the game to sell based on the previous game fame.

It's not the content that's a problem, it's the technical issues ... so hype has nothing to do with it. People just want a game that plays as stable and as well as the first.

It's not the content that's a problem, it's the technical issues ... so hype has nothing to do with it.  People just want a game that plays as stable and as well as the first.

refer back to my first response. :thumbsup:

i think youre remembering kotor1 with rose colored glasses, because it had bugs, crashes, and other technical problems as well, even after a couple of patches.

*pauses as he puts in the final CD* Bugs in the what now? Wait...your telling me I just spent $50 for a buggy game? ...Again...*cough*VTM:B*cough*

Then again...aren't all computers different? A good deal of those bugs, aside from the spelling errors and the other obvious game flaws, could very well be caused by incompatability in your system...or I'm just making excuses for Obsidian...........or am just desperately hoping I can play the damned game without an abundance of crashes/broken quests/poor framrate...etc.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's not the content that's a problem, it's the technical issues ... so hype has nothing to do with it.  People just want a game that plays as stable and as well as the first.

The first had several issues, expecialy the Xbox version.

I belive the fact is BioWare actually have a QA department and play test their games as Obsidian does not have one and relied on LucasArts for bug reports.

I would not be holding my breath for a patch ...

drakron.png

might as well just ignore him and let him vent.  He just wants to piss and moan. Rational arguements against "Wronged Fans" is a waste of time?

If Obsidian had made a solid game then they wouldn't need all these people rushing to their defense.

I dont have the PC version so wont make any statements about how buggy or not buggy it is.

I will mention the original posters claim doesnt seem to be backed up by the MAJORITY of the PC posters tho.

I Do however want to touch on the idiotic statement Laozi made about why people come to Obsidians defence.

*Speaking for myself* Im sick to death of whinners making up crap about games. Obsidian can defend themselves Im sure if they feel there is a actual problem. Im just tired of the vocal minority bashing games and making crap up.

My Xbox version didnt CRASH once. Only bugs I encountered in 8 play throughs were 2 slow downs after extended periods of time playing and the handmaiden bug on the Ebon Hawk when dueling ONCE!

My friends who purchased the game experienced no bugs. The huge majority of posters here experienced some but not a obscene amount of bugs. Yet there were always that small minority that bashed the game and made up bugs and crap about game! Pretty much everything these whinners say was a bug or unfinished quest turned out to be just them not paying attention to what was said in the game!

So Laozi, you are 110% incorrect far as myself (and others Im sure, ive yet to see a blatent fanboi on this site to be honest) is concerned. Im not sticking up for Obsidian or coming to their defence! My ONLY purpose for CORRECTING false whine posts is so the OTHER players dont take those inaccurate posts at face value! And from what I have read of the others that come and correct the blatent bashing posts, it sounds pretty much like they tired of it to!

PS: I had more problems with KotOR1 then I did with KotOR2. Neither game had serious game ending bugs though for me and both games were top notch products! By your logic I should have been stomping my feet over on Biowares site last year! If either game had been as buggy as the Diablo series of games or even remotely near MMORPG retail releases, I might have. But neither KotOR1 or 2 come even remotely close to those games for bugs.

If you look around on various discussion boards, you will see that a LARGE percantage of those that bought and payed for the game either 1. Cant play. 2. wont play, bc of the game wrecking bugs.

We are talking a huge amount of people that cant install, crash every 20 min, get corrupted saves. 1/50 people, or hell 1/100 is a HUGE PERCENTAGE when you are talking about people that payed for a game that now will not work, even though they have all the sys reqs, and more.

Im playing this on a 3.0, with no major bottlenecks. Ive played HL2 flawlessly. But this game is lagging so bad its almost unplayable, and i am FAR from alone in having these problems.

Yes, it might help writing this, since theres actually a remote chance that a dev might read something. Doesnt look like it though. Obsidian doesnt seem to understand that a vital part of devloping games is making sure they are fairly bug-free, and playable. They made a great game, but then they forgot all about it.

Oh, and to those that say "I have no problems, everything must be fine.", grow up. People like you are the reason game developers CAN do things like this, and not die.

If you look around on various discussion boards, you will see that a LARGE percantage of those that bought and payed for the game either 1. Cant play. 2. wont play, bc of the game wrecking bugs.

thats because only the people with problems post about them. people dont post about not having problems....often.

The huge majority of posters here experienced some but not a obscene amount of bugs. Yet there were always that small minority that bashed the game and made up bugs and crap about game! Pretty much everything these whinners say was a bug or unfinished quest turned out to be just them not paying attention to what was said in the game!

Unfortunately, that is not the case here. I have played every Bioware/Black Isle RPG since that company was formed so it's not just because I am clueless, etc. I am extremely thorough in my game-playing.

Want examples of quest bugs? Here's one (SPOILER ALERT) ... on Dantooine, there's a bonus quest where you find two dead bodies in the sublevels of the Enclave ruins. The journal says to speak to the military commander in town or somebody in the salvage camps. If you rescue Vrook from the caves before you complete this quest, the dialogue options *never show up*. I have documented and proven it to myself. The problem is that the quest should just disappear from the journal if it cannot be completed at that point.

I've come across at least three other side quests that get broken (cannot be completed) when the main plot quest advances.