Patch Wishlist

The first patch of KOTOR 1 was released on the 9th of December. Just 6 days after the games release! And as far as i can remeber this fist patch fixes a lot of bugs with the graphiccards.

The second patch then was released in January and the third and last on in March 2004.

So I think that the ppl who have realy trouble to run the game can hope for a fast patch release. :)

Ummm, sorry to have to tell u this, but it was released 6 days after the worldwide release date, and they were probably working on it since the US release date, which was 17th November 2003. No offense meant, btw, its just I wouldn't hope for that quick a patch. 3-4 weeks, I reckon, if it comes at all.

also, whilst randomly in the Xbox forums looking for Devs, I ran into this page, which may at least be a ray of sunlight, if it means what I think it might mean;

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28723

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

The first patch of KOTOR 1 was released on the 9th of December. Just 6 days after the games release! And as far as i can remeber this fist patch fixes a lot of bugs with the graphiccards.

The second patch then was released in January and the third and last on in March 2004.

So I think that the ppl who have realy trouble to run the game can hope for a fast patch release. :)

Ummm, sorry to have to tell u this, but it was released 6 days after the worldwide release date, and they were probably working on it since the US release date, which was 17th November 2003. No offense meant, btw, its just I wouldn't hope for that quick a patch. 3-4 weeks, I reckon, if it comes at all.

also, whilst randomly in the Xbox forums looking for Devs, I ran into this page, which may at least be a ray of sunlight, if it means what I think it might mean;

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28723

Yeah, I was wrong. The Game was released on the 3. dec in Germany. I forgot that the US version was released about two weeks earlier... :)

i agree give use the droid quest. (or maybe a hint of files, so some talented modders could finish it) :)

edit: i know its out of place but still

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

On Onderon, whenever I try swoopracing, I finish the race, and then the guy says afterwards that I didn't finish.  Anyone manage to get past him?

I have not yet reached Onderon, but I had the same sort of problem with the Telos Swoop Race. I believe it's a logic error in the program. I missed a jump and ended up stuck on the track, so I forfeited during a practice run. From then on, no matter what time I get or whether or not I finish (practice or real), the desk guy tells me I had a nasty spill.

Also, another logic error in the same spot. When I have a spill, I do not have the option of taking a practice lap. I have to stop talking to him and then then return. However, neither this, nor saving / loading fixes the problem stated above.

----------------------------------

Other problems I've noticed so far.

Utility droid dialogue sometimes skips completely. I believe that the dialogue transitions at the end of the soundbyte (speculation) and the application is not finding the sound file, therefore is skipping.

Some dialogue frames on Paragus were putting an extra nose on my character's cheek. Maybe it wasn't a nose, but there was a nose-like bulge coming out of the side of my cheek. That's a big no-no...

I had to application crashes on Paragus, but have not had any since.

Hello.

I would like the ATI performance degradation issue fixed if possible (slowdown in big open areas) with current 5.x Catalyst drivers. Preferably any patch will make the most successful ATI graphics configuration the default when an ATI card is recognized (perhaps an option involving "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" which is dynamic for ATI users and only turns it on in locations where issues have been found on the forums). Also since several have found that manually flipping certain graphics options makes the game playable for an area that is having poor fps - making an automatic graphics engine reset equivalent to that upon every area transition arrival.

I've sent off my suggestion to LA support (with DirectX info). For those experiencing any form of ATI related graphics issues I suggest doing the same. If LA gets enough traffic to their support (and tech information on the ATI devices being used) it could help the chances of an effective patch.

JC. :)

Update: Just experienced a swoop racing bug. I cannot win any swoop races on Telos. It says I've got the 2nd best time in the list but I never get a prize (re-tried this multiple times - still get told my time is unimpressive). This should be fixed (and the control problems that other people have experienced). In addition I have experienced portions of conversations "skipping" people's dialogue (I've seen this problem echoed elsewhere in the forum) - it is not game-breaking so far but is certainly annoying.

Well, here's my problem:

I have random crashes to desktop. Happens in game, in battle, in movies, in dialogs, in equipment screen, in workbench, etc. I think the only place I haven't crashed yet is main game screen, before any games are loaded.

I have a 2800+ XP, 640M, XP SP2.

FX 5900 with 128M, 66.67 driver.

Old SB PCI sound card.

DxDiag checks out, all tests run fine. I do have an onboard sound chip as well (nForce 2 motherboard), both SB and nForce2 chips work.

I've tried 1280x1024 and 1024x768 res.

Tried turning off all eyecandy.

Tried disabling sound.

Nothing helps.

When game runs, it runs great. But I crash every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes as often as 1 minute, although this happened so far on Nar Shaadaa landing pad and Dxun jungle only.

If I play with AA/AF enabled, after I crash, game comes up in windowed mode, and will not go fullscreen unless I turn AA/AF off.

So thats my story.

Any help would be appreciated. If I could locate a crash report, I'd do so, but so far no luck.

Please Please Please sort out the black screen problem. I am on the Ebon Hawk after the hidden jedo base and I can't progress as I cant seee what I'm doing :mad: how stupid is that....

Uninstalling this one untill they patch it up...and yes I have up-to-date gfx drivers / direct X drivers and everything else

I've found a way to get past it!!! NO PATCH NEEDED!! a patch would be nice, but at lest i'll be able to continue playing. Turn the camera/view so you see the front of T3. Then, make him drive towards you. You can't really see where you're going, so you'll need to turn the camera around every once in a while. But, at least i can continue the game!!!!

"Then there was some big explosion, I was sitting here for a long time, then you showed up in your underwear and things got a lot better." -Atton Rand

I just put Catalyst 4.11 into my comp and nothing change, I still can't play the game and it's lockup and back to desktop at the first place since Ebon Hawk crash on whatever planet after create character.

The only thing I got since buy this game from store is Star Wars intro T-T. Please help me, staff

I ask any dev reading this to please address the issues that we ATI users are facing. I've got no problems with the requirements but when I get past the intro screen (scrolling words.. classic star wars stuff..) it black screens me and crashes.

I paid good money and supported the game instead of pirating it.. so please be kind and help us out.

does not have to be main patch, but push t&l to processor for those unlucky integrated people (like enter the matrix)

In your dreams. All modern gamer video card does not only handle T&L but Pixel Shaders now. It the way of the progress, for the best of the graphical quality. Anyway, puting the T&L to processor would be quite a pain in the ass for the unluckily CPU. And a big loss in performance too. A video card which handles T&L or even Pixel Shaders is 50$ worth now, even if it will not be the best hardware...