Interesting sound files in the streamvoice

Admittedly, I haven't played through as a darkside Jedi or as a female, so I might be wrong on a few things here. But at the very least, a few files here seem to suggest at least the following was cut. A few of the many juicy tidbits:

- Darth Sion had a ship readied for him to travel to Nar Shaddaa. Perhaps you were to confront him there.

- Atris was to become (and referred to as) the new Darth Traya, and she would

confront the "Lost Jedi" on Malachor V. The same lines (and more) were also done, but with Kreia as opposed to Atris. But there is no mention of Bao-Dur. The "official" KOTOR2 voices trailer (available on the main KOTOR2 site) has one important line from Bao-Dur: "Make my sacrifice matter," which suggests that Bao-Dur died, and perhaps forseeing that the Exile and company would head to Malachor, left final orders for his droid to activate the generator.

- Visas tends to a wounded Mandalore (and refers to him as Canderous) while on the Ravager. Mandalore reveals that Revan told him the war was not the choosing of the Mandalorians; they were simply tricked.

- Atton looks like he was supposed to die (perhaps sacrifice himself) if your PC was female. A few other files also suggest Darth Sion was torturing Atton.

- Visas and Handmaiden ask about your departure; Handmaiden says she will train others who will follow you. This probably suggests that there was supposed to be more after you kill off Kreia on Malachor, perhaps an "interactive" ending where you tell these characters if you plan on joining Revan in his cause against the Sith Empire.

- HK-47 was to confront G0-T0 and/or the droid on Malachor V. G0-T0 has "friends" (the HK-50s) that have accompanied him, but apparently the HK-50s cannot harm HK-47 (assumedly, HK-47 did something to their programming during his journey to the HK factory, which we never officially got). And the dialogue here suggests that either HK-47 or G0-T0 could win depending on either who won the battle (much like Mira vs. Hanharr on Malachor V) and/or the Exile's alignment with the lightside or darkside. If you went lightside, HK-47 would fight and defeat G0-T0 and the HK-50s. If you went darkside, G0-T0 would either defeat HK-47, and/or reprogram him to take out Bao-Dur's droid. This helps explain the standoff the two droids were at in the "final" version.

- Master Lonna Vash was supposed to be alive when you arrive on Korriban. Also, there apparently were supposed to be droids on the planet that tried to colonize Korriban. They succeeded, but then the Sith arrived.

There's a ton of files I've still have yet to get through. These and more can be found in the SWKotoR2\StreamVoice directory, folders 802 and up. Use Miles Sound Tools.

Because the deadline was pushed up two months and forced the game to be rushed?

But yeah, after reading all of those snippets above, I'm even more disappointed in the events that unfolded on Malachor V. Maybe after a while someone will put out a mod that re-enables these scripts and modules :shifty:

Thank you for the info. I almost wish I had the PC version now.

Atton looks like he was supposed to die (perhaps sacrifice himself) if your PC was female. A few other files also suggest Darth Sion was torturing Atton.

Aww, poor Atton. Looks like that was supposed to be his chance to redeem himself though...

There's a ton of files I've still have yet to get through. These and more can be found in the SWKotoR2\StreamVoice directory, folders 802 and up. Use Miles Sound Tools.

(w00t) Well, please post anything else you find out!

indeed any and all info you can find about these missing scenes would be great.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The Bao Dur part would really make the last "holo" sequence make alot more sense and alot better, sacrifices and all.

The Master Vash part really explaines why Korriban seemed way too short. I really felt riped off on Korriban, especially since it was my favorite part in Kotor

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah and Vash seems like a cool character.

The more I prod into this game the more the game seems like a waste. This game had such potential! Think about what this game could have been if they spent 6 more months developing!

The whole thing just makes me sad :thumbsup:

At least the modding community will have a field day with all the stuff they can use (w00t)

Ya it could have been even better if it had been Vash the Stampede

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, keep on going through the sound files, and let us know what else you find.

I really wish these had been included and LA wasn't being dumb by pushing up the release date.

Still, we've got what we've got, and I just hope we manage to find the answers to our questions.

hopefully they left the maps and other stuff in the game. maybe to give the people a little something if we could put it together

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Well according to the Strategy Guide DVD they have 7 complete areas made for the Droid Planet. I think it would be possible to release that as a patch for the PC and Xbox live d/l. Why not, they added content via Xbox live for Kotor to take into effect the updates they did in the PC version.

Also if you have enough influence with HK, he starts to say how you can track the HK50's with the voice recorder you got, yet the conversation never goes any where. Goto even has a lot of mentions of the HK's which seem to tie into HK47's. Very annoying, they should have either:

A. Deleted such references.

B. Complete the storyline concerning the HK's and the Droid planet, via a patch download. (this is my choice)