Now Im Just Pissed....time to return!

I know I am the new guy but I have to confess that Mr. Sanskrit is getting on my nerves as well. Apparently working for a software company qualifies you to speak on the law.

Allow me to reply to and restate my earlier post.

End user Agreements are not worth the paper they are printed on and I told you why. Yes I can find many cases where a software company has been successfully sued for defective software. The reason it doesn't happen for video games is because no one is going to spend a hundred dollars filling fee, plus take a day off work and whatever else just to recoup fifty bucks. The companies who are usually sued sell expensive (800$+) business programs to corporations. I don't know what kinds of retail job you are in but you sound like a psychopath. I get this image of your kid going up to you with a gushing head wound saying "Take me to the hospital" and you screaming back "YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED!!!".

Again allow me to sum up in simple words so you understand. The user agreements in software manuals are worthless. You cannot sell a product and then show a person the terms afterwards. Since the package is already opened the buyer cannot return the product for another, only a replacement. There are many other interesting legal facts that I learned in law school, you know, the place you have never set foot in, that I have, making you therefore not qualified to speak with authority on the subject.

Foamhead out.

one of my biggest complaints against black isle was that they released games that were buggy as can be, and they never fixed them. It'd be pretty bad if this is nothing more than a repeat of that.

The game is fun. and i'd say would be well worth what i paid for it, except that im 20 hours in, and a major plot glitch loop will not allow me to progress any further.

hey i got kotor 2 couple of days ago and i had big problems with drivers. ive got an ati card and i used the catalyst 5.2 driver and it seemed to be working fine then on datooine my game was alll freezed up and stuff so i changed the driver to 4.11 now its working fine. For anyone with the same freezing type thing happening in their game use this solution, it worked for me. Hopefully a patch will be out soon!!!

make a complex game that runs on 100% of all machines and you will be worshipped

it just isn't possible

there are obviously some big big problems with kotor2

same as the first one it was developed as a console game and the pc version is an afterthought, although i hear the xbox version is just as buggy

That's the thing, to begin with, they only had to get the game to run on ONE machine: the xbox. They failed miserably with that. Unplayable consoles game definitely isn't a trend either... the majority of console games that are, for all intents and purposes: bug-free. PC-games often have some bugs at release, but this many? Most games, say what you will about them, are probably playable after installation. Quake 3, Warcraft 3, American McGee's Alice, Wizardry 8, Baldur's Gate: 2... all these games played out of the box. Some may have had patches later, but they were all functional.

I'd agree that they don't have to make the game work for us, but the consumers are entitled to a refund at the very least (unless you shop at Best Buy, where they assume all consumers are pirates).

make a complex game that runs on 100% of all machines and you will be worshipped

it just isn't possible

there are obviously some big big problems with kotor2

same as the first one it was developed as a console game and the pc version is an afterthought, although i hear the xbox version is just as buggy

That's the thing, to begin with, they only had to get the game to run on ONE machine: the xbox. They failed miserably with that. Unplayable consoles game definitely isn't a trend either... the majority of console games that are, for all intents and purposes: bug-free. PC-games often have some bugs at release, but this many? Most games, say what you will about them, are probably playable after installation. Quake 3, Warcraft 3, American McGee's Alice, Wizardry 8, Baldur's Gate: 2... all these games played out of the box. Some may have had patches later, but they were all functional.

I'd agree that they don't have to make the game work for us, but the consumers are entitled to a refund at the very least (unless you shop at Best Buy, where they assume all consumers are pirates).

This game is functional...It works perfectly for me (and I have an Ati card!!!)....

i'm sorry but you're wrong, a eula is worth something

i don't know about specifics if the validity of when it comes into effect has been challenged, but you say you're the expert yet you have not cited any cases

the eula for the software our developer has produced has held up multiple times in court

for denial of service when the contract is broken

playing a huge (and recent) role in a major copyright case

defending legal liability with use of the software

etc etc etc

i don't doubt that in the US legal system somehow, someone could argue that a peice of software didn't run on their specific system and that they require compensation

but a EULA is and has proven to be a legitimate contract in many cases

you would have to prove the software is defective any way, which it isn't, it runs fine on my machine and also on machines with the same specs as people having problems

it does run on ati cards

let me back up and say that i hope they do patch the game, and i personally do not have any doubt that they will

my first any only complaint is when people demand a resolution when those demands are not theirs to make

people have a right to complain and in this case i think it is warranted with the issues that exist, but there are tactful ways to go about it

my view doesn't change anything, i was just stating it

personal attacks are probably warranted, i am attacking those that choose to throw their weight around and scream and demand to talk to a manager because something didn't go the way they want or something they bought isn't right or isn't working for them

i just know there are civil ways to go about it, but maybe i handle frustration and dissapointment better than some

i realize anonymity raises it in a lot of people that it otherwise wouldn't too

when someone says 'they owe us a patch', it raises an 'or else' at the end

or else what though? you'll make more posts? you'll call LA tech support and yell at some guy getting paid minimum to listen to you?

you can't get everything you want by demanding it or raising your voice

well maybe you can in the US... maybe i should move to canada...

I give up. I am not gonna get flustered debating the law with a guy who has never set foot in a law class.

However I have to say man that number one, you are not in a position to be offended because the "demands" as you put it are not being made from you.

Number two you need to chill the hell out. I have not seen anyone making rude demands from anyone. You seem to fly into a rage whenever people request anything and it obviously stems from your years of working retail jobs. See a psychiatrist, and please do not raise children.