Sentinel LS Mastery question...

Hey. PC user, here. Was out of town for the week and couldn't play/ own the game till this very evening. Just installed the game and I'm facing the harsh dilemma of character creation, sigh.

Anyway, here's the question...

Does the LS bonus for a sentinel (+3 con) is included when counting the Con required for the implants? Browsed a bit and I'm given to understand that item bonuses (belts, robes, whatever) don't apply, so I'm wondering if the mastery can be used as a loophole.

Seriously, only having to put 14 con at the beginning and then throwing a mere point later on would be kinda sweet.

Well?

nope....no loophole for you.  THe bonus from lightside mastery is applied the same as the bonus from items.

Damn. Guess I'll just gun for the 14 or 16, then...

Mmm. Are implants that important anyway?

Am planning to go WeaponMaster later on, so I thought of just throwing 14 in everything but Dex and Char at the beginning. Most likely will put the last 2 pts into charisma... *shrugs*

So, what, 18 str without equip at the end of the game should do it? Or would those be a waste and rather be invested in Wiz or Con?

nope....no loophole for you.  THe bonus from lightside mastery is applied the same as the bonus from items.

Damn. Guess I'll just gun for the 14 or 16, then...

Mmm. Are implants that important anyway?

Am planning to go WeaponMaster later on, so I thought of just throwing 14 in everything but Dex and Char at the beginning. Most likely will put the last 2 pts into charisma... *shrugs*

So, what, 18 str without equip at the end of the game should do it? Or would those be a waste and rather be invested in Wiz or Con?

There's an implant for virtually everything. :sorcerer:

manthing2.jpg

There's an implant for virtually everything.  :sorcerer:

Not much point if I can't equip. I meant, any decent stuff with 14 con?

I mean, with the loot being random all, I'm not even sure to find a cool 16-18 CON-required implant... Would be sad to see all those stat points going to waste considering I will have +3 CON anyway with LS mastery. Constitution overkill isn't exactly an appealing sight, ya know :D

You can't make implants with the workbench, can ya? Or are any of them preset at some locations?

There's an implant for virtually everything.  :sorcerer:

Not much point if I can't equip. I meant, any decent stuff with 14 con?

I mean, with the loot being random all, I'm not even sure to find a cool 16-18 CON-required implant... Would be sad to see all those stat points going to waste considering I will have +3 CON anyway with LS mastery. Constitution overkill isn't exactly an appealing sight, ya know :D

You can't make implants with the workbench, can ya? Or are any of them preset at some locations?

The best implants need 18 CON, although some good ones can be used by 16 CON. Start the game w/ 14 CON and start investing points into CON until 18. You get really good implants that make up for the other stats. You can create implants at a lab station.

The best implants need 18 CON, although some good ones can be used by 16 CON. Start the game w/ 14 CON and start investing points into CON until 18. You get really good implants that make up for the other stats. You can create implants at a lab station.

Right. But can you build 18-required Implants?

Oh, and I won't even ask how astronomical the component cost will be :cool:

When should I start pumping into Con? Seems sort of unpratical at the beginning and I'm taking a wild guess assuming you don't find those implants until real late...

Which then again would lead to the question as to where to put stat points? Is Str (dmg and BAB bonus) that important anymore considering how everyone has the same BAB? Seems like pts into wiz would be more productive than str...

P.S. Oh, and if I'm quick to answer, that's cause I'm watching Gungrave in the next room... :D

Right. But can you build 18-required Implants?

Oh, and I won't even ask how astronomical the component cost will be :cool:

When should I start pumping into Con? Seems sort of unpratical at the beginning and I'm taking a wild guess assuming you don't find those implants until real late...

You'll have to invest your attribute points from the get-go otherwise you won't reach 18 CON anytime soon. You'll have 18 CON by lvl 16 if you start with 14 as your CON, lvl 8 if you start with 16 CON. The amount of components you receive is decided by your main character's Repair skill lvl, so invest in that to get the best deal out of your junk items.