nVIDIA GeForce 4 problems

When I installed the game, I went to the configure section first and it said I needed to update my driver - I have all the other stats (by far) - for my video card:

nVIDIA GeForce 4

It wants a detonator 45.23 or newer driver. I have all the other stats (by far). Problem is, I have newer, a lot newer. I currently have the 66.93 installed, but the the game configure section wont recognise it as newer. So I went and found the old one it asked for (45.23), installed it, and zip, nothing changes. It still asks me for a driver that already have installed!!!

The problem is, during gamepley, every 15 - 20 seconds the framerate drops dramatically, the actual processor (P4, 2.6gz) reaches 100% usage. After about 30 seconds it stops and the countdown starts again.

I had the same problem with KOTOR I, but it only did it sometimes. Now I've played the game for hours, and I'm still on Peragus because of the problem.

Has anyone else had ehis problem, Im about to defragment my hard drive to make things easier for the CPU, but I dont think that'll do the trick.

Please help, why wont it work?????

I've had severe problems with the 66.93 drivers on my ti4600 Ultra... RoN and various other games crashed to desktop or even BSOD. I've been running the 61.77 drivers with much success. If you're up for it, I'd suggest trying those. You can find them in the driver archive section - a link next to the new driver download on the nVidia site. Good luck!

You could also try DNA drivers, based off nVidia beta drivers at 71-something I think. 61.76&77 are notoriously bugged. Doesn't mean their bugs would show up in K2 though, of course. I've also heard people refer to Omega drivers, which are probably similar.