Swoop races

Does hitting something cause an automatic loss?

I can regularly finish the races way under the posted time, but I'll usually clip something and they tell me that they're sorry about the crash, I need to actually finish the race.

Ive tried 3 tracks now, and 3 tracks just take my money.

Does hitting something = lose race or is this bugged?

Apparently swoop racing is broken - for good. You're not the first one to report that particular bug. You'll have to hope for a patch if you really want to swoop race.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well looks there is something wrong with the swoop racing; In the first world there were 3 racers with 3 diffferent times on the first try I beat the first two guys and I got no money for it. So then later on I beat all 3 but all I got was some lousy $ 300 not worth the effort <_<

Hey no matter how many times I cross the finish line it says I never finish...go figure.  :wub:

So yep, definately a scripting issue or such that needs fixed.

Actually it is not broken at all. Its just that you have to beat a Galatic Record in order to win the race. This galatic record is not discussed in the game, nor do they show you what that time is. But here are the galatic records for each track. The strategy guide talks about this. There is the Galatic record which is lower then the 1st place record. YOu have to beat the galatic record.

Onderon: 37:60, 1st place is unknow but is will be higher then this. Prize Max 5000 Credit, but only if you have enough Persuade and talk to the right guy, other then that Max is 500 credits

Nar Shaddaa: 38:72, 1st place is 1:11:15 Prize 500 credits

Telos: 37:44, 1st place 39:77, Prize 500 Credits.

In my opnion, Swoop racing is not fun at all in this game. They have made it extremely hard you don't get very much for it.

i have another weird problem, it seems am flying "above" the circuit. I mean when you start your almost at the ground, then when i shift in first gear the swoop bike goes up. Then am just flying above the circuit, cant pick any speed ups dont have to worry about the obstacles... Its very weird but because you cant pick up the speed ups my times stink... Mabye i am just doing something wrong... but i think its a bug

In my opnion, Swoop racing is not fun at all in this game.  They have made it extremely hard you don't get very much for it.

I agree and disagree. First of all, the swoop races are the only "challenging" aspect of the game that I've met. All of the fights are really fairly simple click and kill. It's nice to have a challenging swoop race every now and then.

However, it's frustrating the way it's set up. You don't get much credits. Also, I find it to be EXTREMELY shaky. if you press a or d a little bit you barely move, where as if you press them down any more you're WAY off to the other side of the screen. There's no middle ground, and it just makes you feel like you have no control over the thing. Another thing is, I'm certain that 1/4 of the acceleration pads I go over don't help me. It makes a boosting noise and you can notice a boost when it works, and that just doesn't happen alot of the time, and I'm sure I'm going over the middle of the pad.

Actually it is not broken at all.  Its just that you have to beat a Galatic Record in order to win the race.  This galatic record is not discussed in the game, nor do they show you what that time is.  But here are the galatic records for each track.  The strategy guide talks about this.  There is the Galatic record which is lower then the 1st place record.  YOu have to beat the galatic record.

You are just not reading. They aren't talking about winning the race. They're talking about the game considering you failed to end the race, while you actually finished it. Your not running into the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually it is not broken at all.  Its just that you have to beat a Galatic Record in order to win the race.  This galatic record is not discussed in the game, nor do they show you what that time is.  But here are the galatic records for each track.  The strategy guide talks about this.  There is the Galatic record which is lower then the 1st place record.  YOu have to beat the galatic record.

You are just not reading. They aren't talking about winning the race. They're talking about the game considering you failed to end the race, while you actually finished it. Your not running into the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Not to mention swoop upgrades were cut, and you can practically fly over the track by jumping all the time. <_<

In my opnion, Swoop racing is not fun at all in this game.

I had to quote that one again... In KotOR1, swoop racing wasn't exactly hard but kinda challenging if you were looking for the best time (for yourself, beating the "NPCs" wasn't hard at all), but now it's extremely annoying. Not only don't you earn much money, the whole swoop racing mini game feels so much worse than in the predecessor. For me it's not about beating my own time again, but beating the track design because with the shacky controls, chances are that I finish 1/10 of my races without even touching anything, and that's not fun at all. And with the crash-at-loading bug it's a joke that there's not even a "retry" button - IMO, the devs screwed up big time on swoop racing :angry:

my bike doesnt blow up to the point where I stop.

I actually cross the finish line and get a time, but none of the npcs recognize the time. They all think I failed. Usually if I come to a dead stop I"ll just abort the race, quick load and try again. :devil:

... so I have to beat some random record that doesnt exist in game to win?

:o

I can normally beat the time that the npcs in the area give if I run thru the race enough times and get a feel for where the obstacles are, but... umm "Nar Shaddaa: 38:72"

uhmmm. yeah.... right.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
i have another weird problem, it seems am flying "above" the circuit. I mean when you start your almost at the ground, then when i shift in first gear the swoop bike goes up. Then am just flying above the circuit, cant pick any speed ups dont have to worry about the obstacles... Its very weird but because you cant pick up the speed ups my times stink... Mabye i am just doing something wrong... but i think its a bug

I have the same problem and it happened after the first trial run. Now it happens every single time, and I even tried loading my save before the first race, but to no avail. No amount of saving, loading or resetting corrects this for me...

Hi,

the bug occurred with my game, too. Once it's active, it is hard to get rid of it, so be careful.

How to avoid the bug: never, ever abord a race.

Once you abord a race, the bug becomes active and you will loose any other attempt to race.

To get rid of the Bug, you have to reload the game before the race you aborted.

Regards,

Peter

You can fix 2 of these bugs fairly easily...

1) To stop yourself floating above the track press jump while the red/yellow/green lights are lighting up.

2) To fix the game always thinking you have forfeited download the editor from swknights.com. Load it up and open your save game, go to global variables, boolean, and find the swoop forfeit variable (can't remember exactly what it is called right now) and set it to false.

I also had a problem where even when I beat all the times I was still told that I had not beaten any of the records. So once I had beaten the best time I used the editor to make myself champ (have a look under the numeric variables - there is a swoop section for each planet).

Obviously not the ideal way to play the game but at least you get to see 'everything' this way without waiting for the patch.