Party Alignment Issues...

I'm not sure what's going on but everytime a specific party member levels-up, they get 100% dark side alignment.. So far (im not very far in the game..) it's just Atton and that guy with wierd arm (Ben-Our?)

Myself and Kreia are pretty far up the light side "ladder" if that means anything (i hear the party members are affected by the main character's alignment)...

I have to use the 'addlightside' cheat, save the game and load that save to get it back to normal... until the next level up for atton or Mr. Bad Arm :thumbsup:

I've got a 2ghz w/ 1gb RAM, 120-ish GB Harddrive an a Radeon 9600 with latest (jan 17 2005 i think) drivers.

Anyhelp anyone can provide is greatly appreciated :)

I'm not sure what's going on but everytime a specific party member levels-up, they get 100% dark side alignment.. So far (im not very far in the game..) it's just Atton and that guy with wierd arm (Ben-Our?)

Myself and Kreia are pretty far up the light side "ladder" if that means anything (i hear the party members are affected by the main character's alignment)...

I have to use the 'addlightside' cheat, save the game and load that save to get it back to normal... until the next level up for atton or Mr. Bad Arm :blink:

I've got a 2ghz w/ 1gb RAM, 120-ish GB Harddrive an a Radeon 9600 with latest (jan 17 2005 i think) drivers.

Anyhelp anyone can provide is greatly appreciated :ermm:

I'm getting the same problems with everyone - hk-47, atton, ben-our, etc, even T3 gets thrown to the bottom of the darkside meter when I level up. Seems that myself and Keira are the only ones not affected. I myself am up on the light side portion so I don't understand why this is happening. I could understand if they were closer to neutral but they're not. Glad to hear that I am not the only one experiencing this though, guess it must be a bug of some sort.

Quicksave, quickload :p

Getting Kreia to be non-neutral in normal isntances is most-likely a bug. However, one can use the 'adddarkside' or 'addlightside' cheats to influence her force alignment status. I have personally shifted Kreia to the Darkside.

Apparently if you're playing LS your characters will often appear to be DS (the bug..) but if you play DS your characters don't seem to have this bug.....

It's like obsidian wants us to be evil :ph34r: :lol: j/k

I have a Female Guardian that is lightside and haven't had these problems. I haven't used cheats at all nor used any save game editors. Maybe this is a cause? Have any of you used cheats or save game editors?

I usually get odd behavior in games if i use cheats or save game editors. That's probably why i don't use them until I've given the game a good flogging but want to find every nook and cranny. :D

I have a Female Guardian that is lightside and haven't had these problems. I haven't used cheats at all nor used any save game editors. Maybe this is a cause? Have any of you used cheats or save game editors?

I usually get odd behavior in games if i use cheats or save game editors. That's probably why i don't use them until I've given the game a good flogging but want to find every nook and cranny.  :D

The only cheats I have used is the addlightside, that was after I started getting annoyed with the problem though. Unfortunatly I'm not sure if addlightside only works on Player Chacters but I can't get any of my NPC's to go light. Occasionally I'll look at them and some one them will be top of the light side scale, then as soon as they have enough exp to level up there meter drops straight to the bottom and not even addlightside will bring it up. I've also tried a save game editor on it but with no luck.

I'm not really knowledgable on the whole system, but if the game thinks that all my NPC's are darkside then I would imagine that it would effect the way things playout between me and the NPC's. For instance (not sure if this is normal) you can apprently turn Mira to jedi, I thought you had to talk to her about why she doesn't kill her bouties, so I do so and she replies with whatever it is and then the only option I have is to say "Well you don't seem to hold back with me" and she goes on to say that she has noticed that and doesn't like it etc etc. Maybe I'm wrong but I wonder ig that is because she is Dark as Dark can be and I'm at the other end of the spetrum.

I think its due to using cheat codes. I never had any problems with the alignment. I had most of the members in the party as pure light/neutral side when I finished the game.

Well I can say now that it's not cheat codes. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, started a new game, no cheats what so ever and no save game editor. I am on Citidel Station, and fairly high on the light side. I've seen this happen a couple times with Atton.

1. I will check his alignment and it will be up in the light, I'll go through a level transitiion or will level him up and he'll drop like half the scale into the Dark.

2. I also noticed something else. I think maybe there is a problem with your party members mimiking the LS/DS points you get. I will be light side, and get some DS points, they'll barely affect me but Atton will drop halfway down the scale again.

3. When I first met Bao-Dur you get to select your party memebers. When selecting Atton on the party select screen I can see that he is light sided, but after I confirm my party selection and actually start playing the level I look at him and he is dark sided.

So I think there is some sort of problem with this, although why some people seem to have it and some don't I have no idea.

It's not a huge deal, but it gets kinda annoying when I'm light and the rest of my party (Except Kreia) is dark.