Revan or Vader

Who is better? Revan or Vader?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better? Revan or Vader?

• Revan
    • Vader

I don't know, Vader was a weakling in terms of will. His resolve is broken rather quickly by emotions. He can't control himself or his emotions. That's bad.

Revan however, is able to feed upon the power of the dark side without ever being fully consumed, and bent it to his will.

Vader serves the Force, where as the Force serves Revan.

I think Revan because hes waaaaay more interesting!!! Even tho vader was the original Badass Revan seems way more powerful and vader weaker in terms of will and the force...plus Ive always thought Revans robe and was more Badass and Vaders looked 2 much lik a soliders armor.

So (obviouasly) REVAN!!!

Vader weaker 'in terms of the force'? Say wha? Vader had the highest force count,(you know where Gui Gonn took his blood sample) than even Yoda and had the highest of all time. Revan *was* strong, correct, but force affinity wise Vader would own. Revan probably could win in a one on one duel, however since Vader was like in his 40's and Revan was rather young and..... quick.

( And yeah Revan's Robes were better >_< )

Force Affinity wise I'd say Vader was more powerful.

But that's it.

As a tactician, strategist and leader Revan is clearly superior. Vader was like a more powerful version of Malak, destroying what displeased him at no thought to the consequence. Vader's idea of strategy was to crush the opposition with superior firepower and numbers. He 'inspired' his followers with fear.

Vader weaker 'in terms of the force'? Say wha? Vader had the highest force count,(you know where Gui Gonn took his blood sample) than even Yoda and had the highest of all time. Revan *was* strong, correct, but force affinity wise Vader would own. Revan probably could win in a one on one duel, however since Vader was like in his 40's and Revan was rather young and..... quick.

( And yeah Revan's Robes were better :huh: )

Maybe he had......but......He had absolutly no control over his force powers deu to his lack of proper training he maybe had high force resistance sense and reflex abbileties revan whould have laughed him right in the face. :cool:

This is slightly off-topic, but I have never seen Vader in a one-on-one duel with a fully trained, highly skilled Jedi and win. I've seen Vader fight a has-been old man who didn't even consider himself a Jedi anymore, a young boy who was just discovering the force, and then the same young boy only a little older who had a full grasp of the force. And in that duel, Luke totally wiped the floor with Vader.

The only reason Luke didn't kill Vader in like 5 seconds was because Luke kept holding back and not wanting to fight his father.

When Vader finally pissed Luke off it was all over but the shouting and the lightning.

And in the prequels, every single battle shown of Anakin, he's getting his a** kicked. He got his a** kicked by Dooku, and in ROTS, he's going to get his a** kicked by Obi-Wan. I do hear that Anakin gets Dooku in ROTS but that's about it.

So far, we've only been told how great Anakin was and how fearful Vader was, but we've never really SEEN it. I mean, what the hell has Vader done to make him so feared? Why are the Jedi no match for him? Allegedly.

That's what's so disappointing about the prequels, IMO. We should've been shown Anakin The Hero Without Fear. But instead, we are only told of it. Like, "Oh, by the way, we didn't show you any of this, but take our word for it...that Anakin...whoooooooeeeeee!"

Supposedly, Vader was responsible for the Jedi Purge, but I haven't seen anything.

So, strictly going on what we've been shown, I would have to say Revan, no question. Vader just seems like a really big bull dog that Sidious uses to scare people. Kind of like Darth Bandon. Hell, Tarkin was holding Vader's leash in ANH, and he's not even a Sith.

Revan was more like Sidious. The real question is Revan or Sidious. NOW you're talkin :thumbsup:

Revan Fanbois are quite funny

Vader easily, its like comparing Legolas to Feanor, or Sauron to Melkor.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's been said over and over that Vader was significantly holding back in both his duels with Luke.

He had no desire to kill him, only turn him and when look finally did best him out was out of surprise that Vader fell, he had no time to gauge how much more of a threat he could be.

That or just more important from a script POV that he lose......

Anyway I am suddenly paralysed with not caring very much.

In a force fight Vader would lose in two seconds. Force Lightning - boom Vader is dead, circuits all fried. In saber combat Vader looks like he is on top if only because his suit augments his strength. Plus Vader has the most badass fighting style ever. Single saber, one handed, see Empire Strikes Back.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

OK, time for the Mega-Star-Wars-Geek to step in. We all know that Revan was mucho powerfull in that he and Malak struck fear in all the Jedi in the galaxy, and Revan went to the hidden academy to learn the most powerfull DS force feats. He also did not get consumed by the DS as Malak did. I playing him tho, adn that twist in KOTOR 1!!! He is probably the second most powerfull Sith Lord ever, only Vader stands in his way.

Vader/Skywalker is the chosen one, the one to bring balance to the Force. Even though Revan can manipulate the Force extremly well, Vader pretty much seals the deal with Force affinity. Combat, well yeah Vader can kick some major butt. Sure he has the suit on, but not becuase he was consumed by the DS, but becuase of a horrible lava accident. As a padawan, Anakin did get whooped by Darth Tyranus, but keep in mind that Tyranus was a former Jedi council memeber, and Anakin still held out pretty long, and even saved Obi-Wan from death. As Vader, he is slow and one handed, but of that is all it takes to combat his foe, well that says something.

Sidious isn't even an option! He is an old man, wise to the Sith Arts, and used them to cloud the Jedi's vision of what was going on. He did nohing in combating the Jedi, only somehow mysteriously training a few Sith apprentices.