Radeon owners: Post driver success here!

Why if I have a NON x800 card? I have an x800 card, is there a different method I have to use?

To make it simple, the way driver calls are made into the programing interface are different. The best solution is to uninstall your current CAT set, use the CAT cleaner, then install the 4.11 CAT's.

Some people have had limited sucess in getting the above method to work, other times it doesn't work at all and it simply locks the game hard. You can *try* it out if you want, but if it doesn't work just delete the DLL file from your KOTOR2 directory.

I have two issues:

1) The game NEVER starts in Full Screen, no matter what I do. I play at 1280x1024 and it always starts in a window. I then have to switch the res away from 1280 (in the game) and back to 1280 to get full screen.

2) The gamma issue. When you quit the game and come back to the desktop the screen is SUPER BRIGHT like the gamma was adjusted WAY up.

Is this an ATI problem or KOTOR II? I don't have these issues with KOTOR or any other game for that matter! Just KOTOR II.

can't install cat 4.11 on a radeo igp 345m, just doesn't work.  i don't get a black screen, i actually load up the inside of the ship before the game just crashes.

yer, its nice when that happens... <sighs>. Have you heard about the 5.2 workaround. Some people (who have desktops) have installed the Catalyst 5.2's and managed to get past the first movie! Fingers crossed for when Omega release their version :p:p:luck:

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

It has been said that Catalyst 4.2... NOT 4.12, or 5.2... Is the OGL driver (atioglxx.dll) that shows the best performance on any OpenGL game, KOTOR series included.

You need to either replace your Windows\system32 OGL file with it... Or drop the 4.2 version into your KOTOR/KOTOR2 directory so the game will read THAT one instead of the Windows one.

Has anyone tried 4.2 yet for Sith Lords (and for Radeon 9800s)? Using either method?

The bottom line is this: If ATI would get off their lazy butts and rewrite their OGL driver from scratch (instead of using an old FireGL code base) there is no reason why Nvidia would have the lead with that renderer. However, it appears as if ATI has literally given up on improving their OGL since OGL is pretty much a dying API where games are concerned compared to D3D.

Athlon 1900XP, Radeon 9800 Pro.

The game runs fine with both the Catalyst 4.11 and the Catalyst 5.2, although I think the 5.2 may be the culprit for causing the game to start in windowed mode all the time.

Still, performance is smooth ( I run with 4xFSAA ), except for a few typical areas where the framerates go to hell (Fuel depot, for example) and it's not crashing so far.

Now, as for all those bugs in the program...

Patch please.

Edit "

I have two issues:

1) The game NEVER starts in Full Screen, no matter what I do. I play at 1280x1024 and it always starts in a window. I then have to switch the res away from 1280 (in the game) and back to 1280 to get full screen.

2) The gamma issue. When you quit the game and come back to the desktop the screen is SUPER BRIGHT like the gamma was adjusted WAY up.

I have the EXACT same issues, I had the gamma issue with both the 4.11 and with the 5.2, I'm not 100% certain if I had the windowed mode issue with the 4.11. The very first time I played the game, I didn't have that windowed mode thing, and that was with the 4.11. Every single time I've played since, I've had it, but I did upgrade to the 5.2 pretty soon after getting the game. Just not sure when I changed.

Edit 2 : Just to be sure, I went back to the 4.11 and had the same windowed startup problem, and I got a CTD not five minutes into playing, so have gone back to 5.2.

Creston

I am on a Radeon IGP 345M. As you probably have figured out, It's not working. More specifically, I can create a char, load, watch movies, load, and go to black screen which crashes to desktop. Or get an image of the Ebon Hawk, which crashes. I've tried most of the fixes, which didn't work. I don't have the DVD .dll, I've disabled movies and sound, brought everything down to minimum, played with my settings for OGL and whatnot, the buffer objects = 1 thing, tried newest drivers from HP, the Omega drivers, and am currently downloading the Catalyst 4.11. *sigh* Problem is, it's 26 MB, while I'm on dial-up. Is there anywhere I can find just the needed .dll, or someone could be REALLY nice and bundle a bunch of the .dlls from different versions in a single .zip/.rar?

If someone gets a solution for the 345M, it would be *muchly* appreciated. It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

*sigh* I've even gone into the swkotor2.ini and started playing with random numbers. This did not help.

Annoying "News". Still doesn't work, but it lightens my screen like crazy after it crashes. Muchly annoying, this is.

It has been said that Catalyst 4.2... NOT 4.12, or 5.2... Is the OGL driver (atioglxx.dll) that shows the best performance on any OpenGL game, KOTOR series included.

You need to either replace your Windows\system32 OGL file with it... Or drop the 4.2 version into your KOTOR/KOTOR2 directory so the game will read THAT one instead of the Windows one.

Has anyone tried 4.2 yet for Sith Lords (and for Radeon 9800s)? Using either method?

The bottom line is this: If ATI would get off their lazy butts and rewrite their OGL driver from scratch (instead of using an old FireGL code base) there is no reason why Nvidia would have the lead with that renderer. However, it appears as if ATI has literally given up on improving their OGL since OGL is pretty much a dying API where games are concerned compared to D3D.

Don't care about what works best at the moment- I only wan one that works. If its a driver issue at all (the black screen after 1st movie bit). Which I doubt. But still, seeing as how some people have gotten past it with the 5.2's then I'm all ears for when the Omega drivers come out, so that I can try it on my 345M

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

catalyst 4.11 will not help u, since ur on a laptop computer. But omega 4.11 might help u.

have u tried putting catalust 4.11 atioglxx.dll into ur kotor2 folder?

atioglxx.dll solved me problems on me computer (kotor1)

No, that's what I'm downloading. However, it's going to take maybe 4-5 hours to download Catalyst 4.11, for the .dll. I've tried the newest Omega, but that didn't help, so I'm downloading the Omega drivers for 4.11. They're smaller (16 MB), so I'll try them first. I'll report what happens.

catalyst 4.11 will not help u, since ur on a laptop computer. But omega 4.11 might help u.

have u tried putting catalust 4.11 atioglxx.dll into ur kotor2 folder?

atioglxx.dll solved me problems on me computer (kotor1)

No, that's what I'm downloading. However, it's going to take maybe 4-5 hours to download Catalyst 4.11, for the .dll. I've tried the newest Omega, but that didn't help, so I'm downloading the Omega drivers for 4.11. They're smaller (16 MB), so I'll try them first. I'll report what happens.

It's possible just to download the .dll file. i saw it on rage3d.com forums

ATI CARD- All In Wonder 9600 Pro

DRIVER HISTORY- This is where it get's complicated, I didn't even know people were having problems, I just remembered that people were saying switching up could help. I started the game at 4.11 cat, and then after I

got to telos, after the darth nihalis movie, and before i touched down on telos's surface

I upgraded to 5.2 drivers from ATI's site.

I have two issues:

Is this an ATI problem or KOTOR II? I don't have these issues with KOTOR or any other game for that matter! Just KOTOR II.

I don't have the window problem, but I do have the desktop problem, it forces me to restart after playing the game. kind of annoying. I have no idea what causes that.

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I notice a lot of framerate drops. I fear that when I arrive on Dantooine the game will become unplayable too.

I have the Catalyst 5.1 drivers, but I now have entered that line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to my swkotor2.ini file and I hope this may fix some things.

And I also have the brightness setting problem.

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I notice a lot of framerate drops. I fear that when I arrive on Dantooine the game will become unplayable too.

I have the Catalyst 5.1 drivers, but I now have entered that line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to my swkotor2.ini file and I hope this may fix some things.

And I also have the brightness setting problem.

why don't you try 4.11??

alot of people seem to say they work better for Kotor II.

To make the game playable (normal framerate) try the following in your swkotor2.ini under [Graphic Options]:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Speeds things up considerably here on a 9550

Adding this line made the game unstable as hell for me and the game crashed at random during combat.

Is possible, because your card doesn't use buffer memory anymore. High-end cards should be able to handle it, but I fear for intense battles with a lot of effects too.

I have a 9700pro and have had several issues w/ various drivers. First I was using the unian drivers based on the cat 5.1's. The game would not even launch w/ these at 1280x1024. Then I reverted back to the 4.12 drivers everything seemed fine for a while, then I froze up loading a cut scene. I tried the 5.2's and froze up on a cut scene, plus i crashed to the desktop once. I also tried the open gl driver from cat 4.2 and 4.11. With 4.2 the performance was not too good at all and I did get kicked back to desktop once. With the 4.11 thigns were going good until the first swoop race. Now if I beat any of the track records when the game goes to load back to the cantina it crashes me back to desktop. Im going to try to edit the ini file now.