Better Beginning?

Which is better the beginning of K1 or K2?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better the beginning of K1 or K2?

• Taris, KotOR
    • Peragus, TSL

My vote goes for Taris. I liked the free roaming more then the linear mining facility. Well Peragus isn't bad either, it is just a different approach.

What do you think?

And let's not SPOIL those who don't yet have the game.

You said it yourself. While Taris had the nice Star Wars feel to it with roam free and everything, i liked Peragus more. Almost alone and being hunted.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My vote goes for Taris. I liked the free roaming more then the linear mining facility. Well Peragus isn't bad either, it is just a different approach.

What do you think?

And let's not SPOIL those who don't yet have the game.

You said it yourself. While Taris had the nice Star Wars feel to it with roam free and everything, i liked Peragus more. Almost alone and being hunted.

I hear ya, although the Hunted part is a bit weak until

Harbinger

, IMO.

taris.  much bigger, and much more non-linear.  plus it felt more alive (naturally) with much more npcs walking around and such.

My thoughts exactly! Though Peragus did have some good point they just fell a little short of what I was expecting.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

taris.  much bigger, and much more non-linear.  plus it felt more alive (naturally) with much more npcs walking around and such.

Couldn't agree more.

Taris was just much more alive, much more immersive. The problem with Peragus to me, was that it was symptomatic of the rest of the game - it had a canned, almost disconnected feel to it.

So, yeah. My vote is Taris. The whole, mystery-being-hunted thing on Peragus was cool when it started out, but it soon wore thin as it became obvious that there was nothing to do there but leave.

Definetly Taris, Peragus felt much more like a really long tutorial. I just solved the puzzles gradually and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Taris, with it's 2 cantina's and so many more people to talk to and get involved with was much more playable.

While thematically Peragus was very nice, it was a little poorly executed and lets face it pretty slow at times.

Definetly Taris, Peragus felt much more like a really long tutorial. I just solved the puzzles gradually and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Taris, with it's 2 cantina's and so many more people to talk to and get involved with was much more playable.

While thematically Peragus was very nice, it was a little poorly executed and lets face it pretty slow at times.

you're telling me that Taris wasn't slow???

Taris was slow but it had more to do than run from this hallway to this hallways and back again. Taris was teaming with a variety of things to be killed while on Peragus you could only kill robots (until you got to the harbinger anyway) that put up little to no fight. There was many subplots on taris the Black vulkars, Canderous, Bendak, and mission vao just to name a few of them. While Peragus had the T3 subplot and the Harbinger subplot thats it.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

No, I am not telling you anything actually.

Taris was slow at times certainly, but Pergaus a good deal slower. Most of the time you wandering around without a whole lot of direction in an abandoned Mining station with little to no NPC contact and sporiadic and almost identical enemies.

So yes I thought it was slower than Taris.

Taris had a better scene and more places to go but Peragus had the desperations thing. But I voted for Taris anyway. I cant stand barren places. I like my levels to be pack with stuff to do rather then running around half-naked zappin' droids. :ermm:

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

How come when there is always a poll like this with the typical KOTOR vs TSL element and the KOTOR one is always winning?

Well there are atleast 2 possible answers:

1. KotOR is somewhat better, atleast in overall opinion.

2. Everybody has created a sort of protective barrier around K1, cos it's just Kotor. And gets therefore those needed extra votes, just because it's the legendary one.

I think it might be a bit of both.