Yuuzhan-Vong

I guess its a matter of opinion. I think those who are anti-Expanded Universe are those who generally don't enjoy reading in general.

As a general rule I think its safe to say that the New Jedi Order was probably the most well thought out bit of StarWars yet, mainly because so many peopel were involved in the planning and the events were so huge. I wouldn't call it lazy anymore than I'd call those who aren't big on reading star wars novels as opposed to watching the movies as lazy.

I guess its a matter of opinion. I think those who are anti-Expanded Universe are those who generally don't enjoy reading in general.

As a general rule I think its safe to say that the New Jedi Order was probably the most well thought out bit of StarWars yet, mainly because so many peopel were involved in the planning and the events were so huge. I wouldn't call it lazy anymore than I'd call those who aren't big on reading star wars novels as opposed to watching the movies as lazy.

the njo wasnt well thought out at all. lucasbooks even admitted so much when asked about it. too many different authors meant too many continuity errors and contradictions.

in general i enjoyed the series. but it could have done with more cohesion.

Then you would be very, very wrong. I enjoy reading a lot as my username might suggest to you. however I have not found the content of the vast majority of EU to be good at all, particularly post-RotJ novels outside of Zahn's Original Heir to the Empire Trilogy.

The NJO to me was the worst thought out and written series in the SW EU. I wouldn't characterize NJO lazy either, however the entire concept of the Yuuzhan Vong I find unoriginal, dumb and not particularly insteresting at least for the SW setting. Now this is just how I find it, I'm not generalizing the material as crap, only that it is crap to me. I can however tell you that I rather enjoyed Heir to the Empire, I like what I've seen for much of the Tales of the Jedi comics and the direct novelizations of both movie trilogies so far have been alright. Like I already mentioned also I think Dune, books from Babylon 5 and the Lord of the Rings are excellent books. So liking to read is hardly a criteria for the enjoyment of the NJO, I'd say especially that series since of all EU material that particular series is the one most contested, even many people who actually like the EU don't like the NJO.

It's all a matter of personal tastes, not whether someone likes to reead or not.

I concur, most of the EU is total crap, I use to like the aforementioned Zahn Trilogy, but then recently I remember the Luke Skywalker clone crap. There are indeed a couple of o.k. parts in the whole EU, but never a complete story.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I love the Rogue Squadron series. Maybe that was because it gave you a break from the main characters, and further developed those which haven't has as much focus. It also created a cast of individuals which provided a great deal of entertainment for many. My favorite books in the RS series was the ones including Wraith Squadron. I thought Aaron Allston did a great job developing the characters, using different perspectives and dry sense of humor to do so.

I've read all the books after ROTJ up to the first two installments of the NJO, and then most but not all of the Tales of the Jedi, also read most of Shatterpoint until I just couldn't read it anymore. Its pretty evident that if I could have read all those other crappy books I could have finished Shatterpoint, but somehow it was just too much, and I never leave books incomplete. Oh, and I read all the first four or five X-wing books

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Laozi, I would give Labyrinth of Evil a try.. its the lead in to ROTS and I thought it was one fo the better SW's books so far and they answered stuff that Lucas isn't touching in the movies due to time constraints (Like the whole Sifo-Dyas thing with who ordered the clones)

and I read Shatterpoint on a plane from the Baltimore/Washington area to L.A. so I felt liek I had no choice but to finish it, .. it was hard to finish for even those who read almost all of the SW's books

I can't I like books too much