Special HK-47 Feat: Droid Interface

QQQ

When leveling up HK-47, I noticed he had a very unique feat called "Droid Interface".

Here is what the feat does:

"This feat gives the droid the ability to speak with other droids who don't speak a sentient language."

Both GO-TO and T3M4 do not get this feat.

The icon picture of this feat looks like a catoon talking bubble with X's and 0's in it.

Did anyone ever use this "feat"? If so, how is it used? Does it come up in conversations?

I can't recall any important droid conversations anywhere throughout the game.

Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

When leveling up HK-47, I noticed he had a very unique feat called "Droid Interface".

"This feat gives the droid the ability to speak with other droids who don't speak a sentient language."

The icon picture of this feat looks like a catoon talking bubble with X's and 0's in it.

Did anyone ever use this "feat"? If so, how is it used? Does it come up in conversations?

The only place I can think that this might have a chance to be used is on GOTO's ship where you have to talk to the droids to get the codes/programs to unlock and shut down the ships systems. But if you have either T3 or Boa-dur in your party whats the point of using HK for this?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The only place I can think that this might have a chance to be used is on GOTO's ship where you have to talk to the droids to get the codes/programs to unlock and shut down the ships systems. But if you have either T3 or Boa-dur in your party whats the point of using HK for this?

I'll have to try that because I am able to get HK on Nar Shaddaa without cheating.

I'll have to try that because I am able to get HK on Nar Shaddaa without cheating.

The only way to get HK up and running before Narshadaa is to go around and buy peices off of droid stores, though I have never done it before so I am not sure if you can get him up and running without completing Nar Shadaa first (which of course means you can't install the parts since only the PC can do that). But IF you can buy all the parts before you visit Nar Shadaa then I would think that GOTO's ship would be the only place were you would be able to use the feat mentioned in the first post.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

The only way to get HK up and running before Narshadaa is to go around and buy peices off of droid stores, though I have never done it before so I am not sure if you can get him up and running without completing Nar Shadaa first (which of course means you can't install the parts since only the PC can do that). But IF you can buy all the parts before you visit Nar Shadaa then I would think that GOTO's ship would be the only place were you would be able to use the feat mentioned in the first post.

You can, I have done it about 2 or 3 times. I would go to Onderon then Dantooine then obviously Onderon again and then Nar Shaddaa and I am able to buy the Chassis from Kodin. I freaked out when I did that but it's not really all that special.

But like I said I will have to try it.

You can, I have done it about 2 or 3 times. I would go to Onderon then Dantooine then obviously Onderon again and then Nar Shaddaa and I am able to buy the Chassis from Kodin. I freaked out when I did that but it's not really all that special.

But like I said I will have to try it.

Cool I will have to try that myself on my current game, I wonder if it might open different convo options (i.e. Veiled threats and what not :blink: ).

AscendedPaladin.png

• 2 weeks later...

some ideas regarding this feat...

Things I've tried:

1.Droids in Mandalorian cache on Dxun - tried using HK-47's "droid interface" with the droid foreman....no noticeable result.

2.Dantooine Jedi Enclave sublevel - tried using HK-47 to interact with the numerous protocol droids and computers...no noticeable result.

Things I haven't tried yet:

1.Perhaps it could be used in conjunction with G0-T0. G0-T0 to scramble an enemy droid (to distract it or make it your ally, and blue-targetable), then HK-47 to use "droid interface" feat to talk to it.

2.Droids that seem to ignore you otherwise, on any planet. The one on Nar Shadaa docks, for example, ignores you until you make it hostile by inspecting the Twilek Corpse. Perhaps HK-47 could talk to them. That quest seems very brief and inconclusive as it is.

3.G0-T0's ship. I'd like to add, also...if you have HK-47 before boarding G0-T0's ship, then that would mean you completed part of Onderon, which means you missed out on several influence opportunities with him? Correct me if I'm wrong.

4.Perhaps the feat ties in with the HK-50 factory and its quests which were scrapped. Or, perhaps the feat was a developer's idea that was overlooked or not implemented.

5.Perhaps it will be explained or have a role in KOTOR3.

6.Perhaps it is simply for role playing purposes...perhaps it validates HK-57's ability to interact with the Nav computer on the EbonHawk, for example. Though I recall now that a voice modulator or sonic sensor was mentioned elsewhere in the text...I can't remember exactly.

7.When completing the Onderon and Sith Tomb missions simultaneously....the group sent to Sith Tomb cannot talk to each other because the main character is not there. Perhaps sending HK-47 and T3-M4, or HK-47 and G0-T0, and having "droid interface" would allow them to talk to one another...reveal new content...upgrade an item....etc.

8.Talk to other droids that you have repaired and activated? Though likely will just get "This droid is already engaged in patrol mode" message

9.Interaction with other more obvious droids....Nar Shadaa pazak den droid....protocol droid near Vogga's warehouse....Telos droids. Onderon salesman droid. Turrets??? (they are droids that don't speak a language) Dantooine security droids. Dantooine turrets. Dantooine protocol droid near EbonHawk. Locked landspeeders, locked swoop bikes? Swoopbike droid in Nar Shadaa? Holocron in Korriban Sith Academy? Fake Holocron from Dantooine? Quests which haven't been revealed yet....

• 16 years later...

SOLUTION: When you're on planet M4-78, there's a droid ES-43 who says he's having trouble communicating with another droid nearby. This other droid is simply labeled "Droid" with no designation or role listed. If you ask HK-47 to speak with them, "Droid" will understand, but only if Droid Interface is one of HK's feats. 

...so yes, you need the Restored Content Mod, and the M4-78 add-in for the mod.