freezes about every 10 minutes - 9600xt

Just got KOTOR 2. I'm pretty excited about the game and it looks great so far.

Unfortunately it's been freezing about every ten minutes. Sometimes i have to completely reboot my computer.

The first problem is when I start the game i starts in a small window and i have to mazimize it to get full screen. Then ir freezes as i play.

I have the latest ati drivers installed so i'm not sure what to do about this,

Here are my specs -

2.8 ghz pentium w/ HT

ati 9600xt

1 gig ram

windows xp

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I've been waiting for this game since forever I'd like to be able to play it without haveing to reboot every ten minutes.

Here is the sconfiguration report generated by KOTOR 2

kotor configuration

Just got KOTOR 2.  I'm pretty excited about the game and it looks great so far.

Unfortunately it's been freezing about every ten minutes.  Sometimes  i have to completely reboot my computer.

The first problem is when I start the game i starts in a small window and i have to mazimize it to get full screen.  Then ir freezes as i play.

I have the latest ati drivers installed so i'm not  sure what to do about this,

Here are my specs -

2.8 ghz pentium w/ HT

ati 9600xt

1 gig ram

windows xp

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.  I've been waiting for this game since forever I'd like to be able to play it without haveing to reboot every ten minutes.

Here is the sconfiguration report generated by KOTOR 2

kotor configuration

Try the catalyst 4.11 drivers from ATI. I had similar issues with a 9600XT while playing KoTOR1 recently and 4.11 drivers provided the most stable performance. Another poster had freezing/framerate issues with KoTOR2 and my recommendation seemed to work for him. Have a look at this thread (though the poster's card is different, the problem, and the solution, seem to apply to most ATI cards):

Link

Im actually having the same problem kind of. Every about 10 minutes i will be playing and enter a loading screen, it goes to the end, then locks up and i get an error. All i have to do is restart the game, but it gets annoying, im using a 9700pro with all updates