Starting difficulty

Well, here is the dilemma I have.

I know the game is going to be pretty easy, it's likely easier than the original and there will be little to no learning curve because playing the first has given me a more than sound understanding of the combat mechanics and such and such.

I spent most of my last few games of KOTOR 1 playing on the hardest difficulty leaving my party behind on the ship. Just to keep the challenge as much as I could, and initially I planned to simply start this game on the hardest difficulty also.

Then I thought "What am I going to do to make the game more challenging then?" well not much I figure. So accepting at least the first few times the new story and situation will be enough to drive me along the game without being overly worried that I am sleepily making mince meat of untold amounts of hapless enemies, then later I can squeeze a little more playability out of it by bumping the difficulty.

So my question is this, What did those of you that have already spent some amount of time and indeed completed the game play your first or first few games on?

Did you start on the normal difficulty and then bump it up, or just go straight for the best available challenge the first time?

I want to squeeze as many games of this out as I can is that difficulty bump really going to make any noticeable difference? (I know it's still going to be easy)

You seem to be doing an awful lot to convince us that the last game was really easy, and this one is going to be really easy as well. Are you trying to compensate for some insecurities? ;)

Naw, man. Putting the game on hard isn't necessarily going to alter the experience noticably. About the only big thing you're going to notice is the increased DC's on alot of crap. Unless you're playing a Sentinel char. with a high INT, there's no way you're going to be running around, slicing, repairing, and disarming everything.

'S all I noticed while I've been playing. I'm probably imagining it, but I think random item generation is a little more generous. I don't have 75 medpacs this game...

You seem to be doing an awful lot to convince us that the last game was really easy, and this one is going to be really easy as well.  Are you trying to compensate for some insecurities? ;)

Yes, yes I am, I am a horrible insecure geek that needs PRAISE for his mad Knights of the Old Republic skillllllz. PRAISE ME!!!

Well not really, it was just pretty damn easy, not that I loved it any less there is a certian amount of charm in being ridicolously strong.

Anyway man thanks for the response, keeping it all in mind.

Id say most combat is relatively easy BUT there is situations where you will be challenged. (entering the Outside area of the Telos Military camp, fighting all of the handmaidens, duel against Sith Lord Vrook).

Pick and choose GOALS you want to make sure you finish each game is what I did to make each play through interesting.

The str of KotOR2 is its storyline, when you can accept that is when you will get full enjoyment of of the game. This isnt Halo where each level can be challenging and the storyline is optional or through away, its the reverse of that. The combat isnt the big deal, the storyline is.

First game I just wanted to learn game.

2nd game I wanted to unlock all the lightside members stories.

3rd game I wanted to unlock all the darkside stories

4th game i tried female lightside

5th game I tried female darkside

6,7,8 games i picked up areas I had missed before (or specific encounters/cutscreens/dialogs).

Doing that kept the game fresh and interesting for me for all 8 play throughs. Now Im taking a break and will try a 9th play through at a later date. To me tho, 8 play throughs is awsome value for a game.

Also I always play councilor (which is the hardest difficulty, not sentinal).