First impression PC

I admit first that I haven't played much yet and though I'm running into a few annoying things they are not major as yet, but annoying. Some are/maybe actual bugs, others things I don't like, others I have to double check yet make the comment any way. I love kotor 1 so keep that in mind for some of the comments I make.

Interface:

Plus, the inv/char/etc screens do as they said and size to your resolution. That is great. It is nice that it fills the screen so I can see it and no squint at the little text because I play at 1280x1040(sarcasm. I didn't really have to squint last time, but you get the point).

Minus, I wish just wish that the onscreen options didn't quite size as well. I have these huge option bars top right and bottom left that cover most of the screen an option to size these down a bit would be good. what is the use of playing at high res if half the screen is crowed up with huge option bars? Oh and it is very annoying that they and seems to have no point to have moved the action bar on the opposite side from the option bar. There seems no real reason for it other than to try to be different. Personally I liked it were it was and was use to it there because of 40+(80+ played twice) of playing the first. Seems a change for changes sake.

Characters:

Plus, the characters are a vast improvement(yes and no). The faces are great a lot more curved/less blocky looking than from the first. The hair is awesome. Looks real and bounces/moves as the character does.

Minus, I've not seen the women yet(well much shouldn't say yet), but the main characters over all body type still seems block/over large. Arms/leg seem misshapen a bit. Looks like a gorilla.

Environment:

Plus, I haven't seen much, but some of the environment looks really good. textures are well done areas are well made. I was even able to look through a window through an area and through that window and see a creature moving. Awesome attention to detail!

Minus, some of the textures are really bad. Some of the consul and other background things look very two dimensional and lame. I've run into a few pathing issues/clipping. Some places it seems you could be able to move over, but the area the path allowed was really small. I've also had a problem where I had to walk really wide of a corner because the character ran into an invisible corner well away from the wall. I had to walk straight back and then walk well wide of the corner to get around.

Game play:

If I'm not mistaken they gave you more points this time. I don't remember my stats being as high when starting in k1. I could be wrong though. If not I like it and if wrong I like it. I haven't gotten far in, but so far things add up correctly with the feats and such I have.

That's it for my first impression. I may write more as I play further.

I've just finished the intro and I'd swear that alot of the images were just ported right over from the X-box version without enhancement. The image upgrade appears incomplete. The resolution for some features is really low and for other features OK. :(

Because of this the PC production may be less good graphically than the original! - at least in some places. :angry:

Some features with blocky low resolution images were: The sparks, The equipment bays, The stars in the background, and Even the opening text. :ermm:

I swear the stars reminded me of stuff off the Atari 64! ;)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I've just finished the intro and I'd swear that alot of the images were just ported right over from the X-box version without enhancement. The image upgrade appears incomplete. The resolution for some features is really low and for other features OK.    :(

Because of this the PC production may be less good graphically than the original! - at least in some places. :angry:

Some features with blocky low resolution images were: The sparks, The equipment bays, The stars in the background, and Even the opening text. :(

I swear the stars reminded me of stuff off the Atari 64! :ermm:

Especially the quality of the turret space shooting. ;)

manthing2.jpg

Is it just me or does Atris look ugly? Maybe its just using low textures... TURN ANTI-ALIASING ON PEOPLE! Also try Antistropic Filtering, Frame Buffer Effects, Soft Shadows and the High quality texture pack.

920601_20050207_screen013.jpg

She looked better in the X-BOX version

post-4946-1108010287_thumb.jpg

Some features with blocky low resolution images were: The sparks, The equipment bays, The stars in the background, and Even the opening text. :)

I forgot to mention that. Yes and the first movie there is well was the same way. Looks like it was just direct port or something rather then redone for the pc.

Also I forgot to mention that in some of the log you watch they dialog seems to be cut short for no reason or skip whole parts of what they are saying.