Bugs

Some of the bugs I have experienced:

* On Korriban I got stuck in the last room of the cave (the one with the tomb). I entered the room, got the goodies from the tomb, but the exit door didn't unlock. I had to replay from before entering the solo part of the cave. Second time around I got a message from kreia upon entering tomb and the exit door unlocked.

* Towards the end of the game I saw a cut scene upon entering the ebon hawk where bao-durs remote was destroyed by g0-t0. But after the cut scene the remote was still floating round the ship and neither bao-dur nor g0-t0 had anything to say about it.

* Swoop racing is completly broken for me - whatever time I get, I am told I crashed out.

* I could not complete the fuel for telos plotline, I went to see votta towards the end of Nar-shaddar - I had already complete most of the exchange stuff, so maybe this broke the scripting (though it shouldn't).

*Dantooine was unplayable until I edited the ini file to correct the fps bug, incredibly unprofessional. I would have given up here were it not for the forums.

There were many others but I wasn't keeping notes and will not be playing again until a patch is out.

Hi everyone, this is my first post :) Forgive me if I repeat anything (I've seen some of these bugs reported already) just reporting my own problems so far

P4 3400

XFX 6800 Ultra 256

2 Gig 400 speed RAM

Windows XP Home - SP2

NVIDIA Forceware Drivers 71.84

I've stopped playing for a while, hoping that the patch comes out relatively soon, but so far I'm quite disapointed with the amount of bugs I've found, and I've only just left for the surface of Telos!!!

I too have found that Swoop Racing receives the wrong "You crashed" comments no matter what your time is, plus my bike appears well above the Swoop track and so miss all the speed boosts. I found that if I pres the space bar BEFORE I excellerate, I can get past this, but the delay this causes makes it very hard to come first place

When aliens talk, I've found that some conversations finish too soon, where as others go on forever and I have to click to get the text to advance (Especially droids)

Some of the quest conversation entries are not clearing once they've been asked, which is annoying to say the least. For example the modified Blaster quest is sorted, yet I'm STILL able to ask everyone about it over and over again!!

Starting up in Windowed Mode seems pretty poor

Watching the cut scene's leaving the Station and flying down to Telos, there are 3 Cut scenes, leaving the station, then flying through the atmosphere, then being shot down, each with a Black Screen in between them that lasts 4 or 5 seconds each, I'd have expected it to be much more streamlined

Have also seen where my main character simply stands there and lets people attack him while he does nothing, so means I have to keep giving orders and micromanage the characters during combat

I'm sure there are more, but these are the one's that come to mind

Some of the bugs I have experienced:

* On Korriban I got stuck in the last room of the cave (the one with the tomb). I entered the room, got the goodies from the tomb, but the exit door didn't unlock. I had to replay from before entering the solo part of the cave. Second time around I got a message from kreia upon entering tomb and the exit door unlocked.

* Towards the end of the game I saw a cut scene upon entering the ebon hawk where bao-durs remote was destroyed by g0-t0. But after the cut scene the remote was still floating round the ship and neither bao-dur nor g0-t0 had anything to say about it.

* Swoop racing is completly broken for me - whatever time I get, I am told I crashed out.

* I could not complete the fuel for telos plotline, I went to see votta towards the end of Nar-shaddar - I had already complete most of the exchange stuff, so maybe this broke the scripting (though it shouldn't).

*Dantooine was unplayable until I edited the ini file to correct the fps bug, incredibly unprofessional. I would have given up here were it not for the forums.

There were many others but I wasn't keeping notes and will not be playing again until a patch is out.

I've found that all off hand weapons be they mele, sabre or ranged have a graphical glitch where they float in the wrist of the character, I understand this may seem pretty minor to those of you whose bugs appear self aware and full of hate for all that is good and pure, but I'm aesthetically obsessive and just don't use off hand kit because of this flaw

'Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing shaft'

O.o i feeel like doing beta-testing all over aggain.... oh well

BUG REPORT

Ok i'm just about to go to Dantooine to meet with the Masters(ok well for real i finished the game but just to put you where this bug comes from) and for some reason i just obtained enought influence to get the option to make Handmaiden intro a Jedi Guardian (and after i spared with her 3 times)AND just after Kreia says "Betreyal" i get a loading screen and my char appears in the middle of Telos Academy but no one is found and I can't enter the Ebon Hawk... Even if I reload I still have that problem. The only way i could find around this problem is to use the warp cheat code to get back to the ship.

Well it might be because the characters are out of place for some reson(another scene maybie?)

I also have the random CTDs, Graphical weirdness and sound bugs everyone else seams to be having... and the Ending is a tad weak.

Here's the huge bug I posted on another thread.

I have a really powerful laptop. It's specs are:

3ghz Pentium 4 proccesser

640mb of RAM

Radeon Mobility 9000 with 128mb of RAM

Do you need to know more? Just ask. Anyway Trying to play the game, it runs at 1 frame per second, maybe ever worse!!! It's a slide show, not a game. It doesn't crash or anything, but it is unplayable. Now I've been reading of people with worse being able to play it better. I have put all settings to low, all to high, turned each on on and off individually, restarting after each change, no difference. I've gone through the .ini file, and I've tried that last effort thingy, nothing. No change at all. Even the front menu is a slideshow, cause of the dude. I've tried installing the latest drivers for my Radeon, Latest Catalyst Drivers, then I tried Omega Drivers, which supposedly are better for gaming. No change at all. Any suggestion, I bought this game right when it came out...cause I'm desperate to play. And I'm no amateur with computers, but none of my old tricks are working. Whats up? And yes, My radeon is past the minimum requirements.

And don't give me any of that is your desktop resolution the same as in game? crap cause you all know that never works. But yeah, I've tried all that stuff too.

Not a member on this board? e-mail me aldonn_clone@hotmail.com

I don't care who you are, so long as you tell me what i need to know.

my 9600xt does this go to grafix setting then advance settings turn the advanced stuff off then return if u make to another screen and it starts doingit again turn them back on i know it sounds messed up but it really works at fixing it

N

The bugs that i noticed:

- when Ive entered Dantooine rebuilkt academy(to meet Jedi Masters) Mira and Bao stayed in one place, they didnt move. I could initiate dialog with them altough. When left the area and got back , they were still standing there , but there apeeared second Mira nad Bao who folloed me ;/

- On Narshadda when i was going back with Mira to ship, she was followin me, but other Mira was standing in a passage in front of Ebon Haawk(under the wall, some meters from ship)

-Dialogs , which are skipped(T3M4, dont remember witch and Mira on Malachor-every dialog with her)

-quest which i couldnt solve, most of them on dantooine

- Bao dont want to tell me what happened on Dxun(the best in this is that that he wasnt inflirtating this Sith tomb)

- Visa was sayin' the same thing, that she wants to see me when I talk to her(i noticed that before i entered Ravenger)

- When I was talking to Atton at Ebon HAwk he was standing, but turned away from me, so I could see his beautyfull back;p

- when playing for alot of hours in a row(5+) there was no sound when movies were played

Popular bugs I didnt notice:

-slowdoiwn on Dantooine

-crashes to desktop

-problems with saving,loading

Don't remember anything more, hope it helps in some way;)

AMD XP 1900+ (1.6ghz)

512DDR Crucial Branded PC2700 running @ 2100 speed due to mb

Soundblaster Live 5.1

Windows XP Pro with updates but no service packs as i cant install them for some reason.

Geforce 4 ti4200 64DDR with Nvidia 66.93 forceware drivers.

Direct X 9.0c

I post the following from a topic I made in this forum recently.

* The bloke u escape the mining facility at the begining of the game is typing on thin air when u get to ebon hawk and escaping (when old women has reitred to her quaters this happens). This really is strange and woundered why it happens?

* Next problem is the FMV scenes, they simply stutter and ruins the fluid motion of playing the game. Why does it happen and what can be done to fix it?

* Also when ur captured on telos (at the beginign of the game after u escape the mining place at begining of game and you are in a room (after the attempted assasination). You get a call on the comm thing. You answer and you say yes and when this (long swoping neck alien thing answers the door, the door closes before it lets the alien through to talk to you so in effect your talking to a door and is really bad as the camera is not on him but the door. Is this supose to happen or what?

* Also when on the Harbringer at the begining and you see the holo recordings or the captain and one of his officers there are some rendering issues near the mouth and nose. Its like the polygons have either messed up or have been flipped. Does this happen to anyone else as well?

* Just played Telos Swoop racing and alot of the time im floating very high from the track and cant get to the ground so I cant use the boosters.

When i finally do get a break and I am on the ground for the race no matter what time I get The twelik always says i have had a tumble or somit and need to finish the race. And i have and I even got a time of 42.xx which would be 2nd place yet when i check times (top 4) i am not mentioned.

Is this the swoop bug I heard so much about? If so I hope it gets fixed as I want to come first and see what i get.

Some bugs i have found after getting this game last night for my birthday off my brother. I must say even the initial release of Kotor 1 did not have as bad these problems i think. Hope they get fixed in the patch.

My drivers are upto date, my dx is dx9.0c my hardware is upto reccomended levels so I shouldnt be getting any of these i feel.

Well I finally finished reading through the 16 pages you guys posted the bugs and have actually experienced 2 that ahven't been metioned yet. I play the german version of KOTOR 2 since the import version is so darn expensive. Patched it with the only patch avaiable and started playing. I have almost ALL the bugs you have gathered in this thread wiht 2 new and HOT ones:

1. In the tunnels on Nar Shaddah - When I completed everything and go to the looong cutscene with the Boss and me getting shocked and taken prisoner the following happens: After the cutscene is complete I see my char in the security terminal room and the the game freezes and crashes to the desktop. Fine I started a whole new game and it didn't happen anymore --> corrupt save game

2. There seems to be a trigger problem in my latest save game. I'm on Dxun after freeing Onderan and Kreia syas we should go inside the ship to plan our next steps. I go inside and the screen fades away for about 1 second as if a new cutscene is going to start... but then is fades back with nothing happening. I can't enter the jedi enclave even though I found all masters... annoying. I tried earlier save-games and the problems is still there. So I'm stuck after about 30 hours of game play (25 of those trying to work-around bugs) and I refuse to start over again.

2. There seems to be a trigger problem in my latest save game. I'm on Dxun after freeing Onderan and Kreia syas we should go inside the ship to plan our next steps. I go inside and the screen fades away for about 1 second as if a new cutscene is going to start... but then is fades back with nothing happening. I can't enter the jedi enclave even though I found all masters... annoying. I tried earlier save-games and the problems is still there. So I'm stuck after about 30 hours of game play (25 of those trying to work-around bugs) and I refuse to start over again.

Same thing here. After playing as a Sith Lord and killing all the Jedi (except Atris), I can't go back to Dantoine. I walk toward the ramp to leave the Hawk, I get the screen that lets me select which buddies to take along, and once I click "ok" the screen goes black and stays that way. Totally lame, especially since KotOR 1 had a way cooler Dark Side ending than Light Side, and I really want to see the end of this game.

:thumbsup: - Me after my 50th time trying to leave the Hawk.

1. In the tunnels on Nar Shaddah - When I completed everything and go to the looong cutscene with the Boss and me getting shocked and taken prisoner the following happens: After the cutscene is complete I see my char in the security terminal room and the the game freezes and crashes to the desktop. Fine I started a whole new game and it didn't happen anymore --> corrupt save game

Im experiencing this one to, I have done a lot of searching but I havent found anyone more that you that is affected by it.

It is reproducable from different savelocation (but I'll try some more.).

Hopefully I will be able to "jump" back in the storyline and find what triggered the error. (Hopefully it doesnt require of me to replay the whole game.)

Im experiencing this one to, I have done a lot of searching but I havent found anyone more that you that is affected by it.

It is reproducable from different savelocation (but I'll try some more.).

Hopefully I will be able to "jump" back in the storyline and find what triggered the error.  (Hopefully it doesnt require of me to replay the whole game.)

I got by both trigger errors by setting the triggers myself with a savegame editor. Download one here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

On Citadel Station, there are quite a lot of "Quest" bugs:-

The TSF Reception Droid has not recognised that the Ebon Hawk Stolen! quest has been completed ages ago

I am still able to ask Chodo Habat about "A man named Batono" even after that quest has been completed

I can still ask Moza about the "Modified Blaster" even after that quest has been completed

I am still able to ask for a plant specimen even after I have completed the quest "legally"

On Nar Shaddaa:-

On the Yacht

Upon reaching level 15, I noticed that I only had 1 skill point to level up with, when I checked and all my stats had reverted to 8!!! I had to quit out of the game completely, and reload a previous saved game to finally stop the problem, as simply loading my last save was still duplicating the problem

After completing the "Improve your weakest skill" task by Kreia, my weakest and strongest skills did NOT improve like the game claimed they would, in fact, none of my stats did!

hmm...here is my problem, I can t continue with the game, im stuck in Peragus, just before entering the hungar bay to go to ebon hawk. I tried everything, well i found out that im missing THE T3 unit!!!! The thing is ....when entering the fuel depot -the tube where you have to find T3 damaged- and then continue from there with the 3 of them in the party, I dont find him!!!!!!

He s not there, I found only the H25 part on the floor, and that is all, then I continue normally and the game crashes to the game menu-freezed, at the moment of loading the new area- the hungar bay. Obviously the game cant load a new area without a missing character- T3.

I have also some minor buggs, but its not so important,

I dont know what to do, nobody seems to have that problem, help Im gonna cry!!!!

I really tried a lot a lot of things...

I have a

PC4 intel 3.06GHz

512 Ram

Asus v9520-x/td 128 MB x5200

and a bunch of hard disc space

and I played kotor1 perfectly well, after the patch of course

anyone?please

Are you sure that you went through the game correctly, did kreia already get her hand chopped off?

Anyway, I'm having a problem of my own...

In the part in Telos station where you help the Ithorians, I got to the B-4 droid part, but after that, only my main character showed up. Kreia and Atton were no where at all, so i had to take down all of the Czerka mercs by myself. That was hell. After I crash landed on Telos, all my characters were back... is the game supposed to be like that?

Are you sure that you went through the game correctly, did kreia already get her hand chopped off?

Anyway, I'm having a problem of my own...

In the part in Telos station where you help the Ithorians, I got to the B-4 droid part, but after that, only my main character showed up.  Kreia and Atton were no where at all, so i had to take down all of the Czerka mercs by myself.  That was hell.  After I crash landed on Telos, all my characters were back... is the game supposed to be like that?

No.

All you do is go to the Party screen (third button from the RIGHT; looks like a flower petal) and add them back.

Obsidian should have given you a Pop-up that said "You can Now Add Party Members of Your Choice" at that point in the game.

they sort of presume you should know that you can add the characters, the beginning, peragus and telos seems to be the parts with the most bugs

where in contrast, the end, malachor and telos revisited seem to be the areas with the most cut out parts due to the game being rushed

i couldn't find those mercs who fled to the telos planetside, i looked all over the place, checked the map that i had looked everywhere and killed everyone but never found them after they fled

Hey guys,

I've done all the things right...I've read the walktru to see if I was doing something wrong. And yes Kreia got her hand cut... but no sign of T3...

I found a guy who was having the same problem as I, and with his help I menaged to go to hungar bay, but it doesn't solve the problem, still there is no T3 and I can't pass the door without him beacause You need him to slice the door...

Really I don't know what to do....And I want to play!!!

Well thank You anyway...enjoy the game :thumbsup:

I got another bug:

When your in the Mandalorian camp on the Dxun moon, go to the fighters circle where you can challenge and fight other mandalorians. The first two is pretty easy, but the last guy (cant remember his name <_< ) is pretty hard. Before you fight him, save the game while you stand close to him. While fighting him, have him targeted, pause the game, and use an item, like a shield or medpack.

Now you see the choices of attacks and force powers disappear, then while still having him targeted and the game paused, load the save game you made when standing in front of him. Now your character will attack him by himself, and he dont fight back. If you kill him, he leaves the place and your journal gets updated. I dont know if it will work for you, but it happened to me.

i couldn't find those mercs who fled to the telos planetside, i looked all over the place, checked the map that i had looked everywhere and killed everyone but never found them after they fled

This is definitely a bug. I never ecountered the criminals either. But you CAN complete that sidequest by talking to Grenn and just say you killed them, or they escaped and he'll give you credits and your journal will be updated.

It is a shame a lot of the quests are like this... Half-Complete, but you can actually "complete" it by not really doing anything. There is no feeling of accomplishment in doing so, however.

Bugs I have found:

Text speeds up, sound gets choppy after extended play. Rebooting the game fixes this until I have played for a while again.

Game stutters/gets choppy for a few minutes right after saving - no matter how long I have been playing.

Bao-Dur's influence fluctuates, regardless of what you do. One minute his features are red and black, the ten minutes later they are black or grey (and vice-versa) - even if you haven't done anything. This is just confusing.

Opening in a window happens now - it didn't the first two times I installed it. I wait until the first screen of options, then you can maximize the window. It has to be the active window in order to have the cursor there.

I do not have the 'disable vertex buffer' line in my .ini file anymore. I do not have problems on Dantooine unless I have been playing for a while, then it lags momentarily when facing Khoonda, but that is it.

I cannot get it to recognize EAX for some reason. I still have awesome sound from it.

Since it appears that I have fewer problems with the way it runs than most people, I put all my pc info below. I hope it helps.

I defrag my ram (when it gets below 300MB free) and pagefile sometimes. That may be part of what helps....I am not sure on that, though.

AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.83 GHz)

MSI KT4A-V (K7) Motherboard

60gig HD with 67% free

512MB Kingston ram

Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Logitech 5.1 THX speakers

GeForce FX 5500

Video BIOS ver. : 4.34.20.69.65

Bus: AGP 8x

Forceware ver. : 71.84

Resolution: 800x600

Graphics: High

Shadows: off

Waving grass: on

Antialiasing: 2x

Anisotropic filtering: 2x

i have had one swoop race where i dont experience the elevation bug (well i hope its a bug) and whenever i dock into a spaceport the screen goes snowey, atton never faces me when i talk to him when on the ebon hawk, hes just so rude.