Bugs

I don't know if this is a bug but here we go:

SPOILER

1 male shar, when u return to kahonda discipel talks to rep capten i think then cammera swich to that person, but there is no one there??????? :)

2 This one maby not a bug, i don't know: when u go to ondoran republic commander/capten talks to u. U don't see him, maby radio com?? <_<

After my escape from the Ravanger, a note said I would be taken back to Citadel Station (where I understood I would be able to chat with Carth Onasi). Unfortunately, even after several tries, the game skipped Telos, and the cutscenes simply took me directly to Malachor V.

Bummer.

Also, I had trouble clearing quests from the log. I couldn't clear the Serroco quest even though every one of the dudes was dead (and the refugee leader congratulated me for getting rid of them).

More annoying was that I couldn't clear the Telos new fuel source quest. After I got the new source, my log told me to run tell Lt. Grenn... but of course, Grenn didn't have a dialogue tree that allowed me to do that. Ack!

Well the only bug that I have that I didn't spot in the first 6 pages is this.

The on screen menu buttons for character inventory, journal, map, save, and all those others located at the top crashes whenever I click on one. I bypassed this by having them hidden and using the hotkeys. These buttons work fine once inside the gui environment of the various menu's it's only in the active game itself.

And before anybody suggests this.

When I first got the game I uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times with the same results I even tried different HD installs as well as the slowest graphics settings as well as the fastest settings. Mind you I can run with every graphics setting boosted all the way.

I don't have an ATI card before anybody asks or suggests this.

Battlewookiee

The Twi'lek on Telos (Old military base):

"DID HE EVER KNEW WHAT FOLLOWING MEANS???"

That guy must have gone stuck 30 times on the way out

u need a clear path or he will loose u ( ;) he is short sighted :- ) obs if u want dsp leave your party and kill him in say second room :lol:

Does Bao Dur knows what orders are? Why in Revans name does he keeps canceling my shield breaker commands.

u need to bee him or he will do his own atack/s

Here are some specific bugs ive found

3) Dantooine will all of the sudden become lag city. After leaving the ebon hawk all of the sudden the character will run in circles,not move,not respond to movement.Even after rebooting and restarting the game it still happens in the same exact spot.This one is a gameplay killer as i can not advance beyond this point now

Going to try another planet in the meantime.

I am having this exact problem...

What I have found, is that anytime you exit a building to the outdoors, this begins to happen immediately....Going into the graphics options and making a change, any change, and then entering back into gameplay seems to resolve this right away...at least until you enter and exit another interior......

So far only happens on Dantooine....

As a game tester on some pretty high profile games myself...Im curious how this one got past QA.....?

Im using a pretty high end machine...running an ATI 9800 Xt , in case that makes any difference....

This has probably been mentioned already, but Obsidian is going to hear the same problems repeated over and over until they actually solve the problems.

I can't finish any swoop race ANYWHERE. I make it to the end without a problem and the guy at the sdesk just says, "Sorry, but you're going to have to finish the race if you want to qualify." Also, swoop racing itself, is just WAY too damn difficult. You just barely tap the "A" and "D" keys and you go all over the damn place. The Left and Right controls are WAY to touchy and swoop racing, as a whole is near impossible for people like me that tore it up it KotOR 1. Thanks a lot, Obsidian. You've effectively made me hate Swoop Racing. You guys knew it was easy it KotOR 1, but you definately went over board here. A novice should be able to place in Swoop Racing.

This has probably been mentioned already, but Obsidian is going to hear the same problems repeated over and over until they actually solve the problems.

I can't finish any swoop race ANYWHERE. I make it to the end without a problem and the guy at the sdesk just says, "Sorry, but you're going to have to finish the race if you want to qualify." Also, swoop racing itself, is just WAY too damn difficult. You just barely tap the "A" and "D" keys and you go all over the damn place. The Left and Right controls are WAY to touchy and swoop racing, as a whole is near impossible for people like me that tore it up it KotOR 1. Thanks a lot, Obsidian. You've effectively made me hate Swoop Racing. You guys knew it was easy it KotOR 1, but you definately went over board here. A novice should be able to place in Swoop Racing.

The only real fix right now... If they don't include it in the patch... Is to get the KOTORI/II Save Game Editiing Tool (v.309) and change the Boolean SWOOP_FORFEIT parameter from 1 to 0.

This is why you aren't placing in any of the swoop races. Somehow, the code keeps resetting it to "1" and that means every time you race you (your PC) is forfeiting the race even if you (the real you) are not.

Also, I agree that this game should have never have made it out of QA for the XBox, let alone the PC version. Low-quality mono music, FMVs, gameplay balance issues (too easy, or characters can't hit anything) , CTDs, engine optimization problems (Dantooine slowdowns), half the endings cut, sidequests cut (Droid Factory), etc...

But blame LA for putting an impossible release date on Obsidian that they had to know they (Obsidian) couldn't meet in time and deliver a truly finished and polished product.

yes, sir. god bless lucas arts. they're such a reasonable company, willing to sacrifice perfect release date timing for a completely finished product...I mean, nevermind. I take all of that back.

So does anyone else find the Swoop Racing way too difficult, aside from the bug?

ON TELOS:

Scripting error in NPC movement? In the lobby area of the residential area (C, I think?), all NPCs (not party members) gather round the entrance to your little accommodation area, and constantly walk in and around each other in a tight bunch.

Returning to game from menu screens... normally when clicking 'close' from the Equip screen... takes about 30 seconds to resume play. Same thing happens using the Airlock console for the docking bay.

In said docking bay there is a storage room, and in this there is a locker, which requires some skill in whacking/security to open, in order to gain... nothing?!

Similar to above, loading transition screens freeze at 9/10 completion... sometimes unstick as above, sometimes crash entirely, requiring hard reboot.

Low FPS all areas.

ON HARBINGER: The holos just look weird. Couldn't even begin to describe what was wrong with them.

I know it isn't a bug and I know it can't be fixed, but I'm going to shout about it anyway, because I still can't believe my eyes when I see the resolution of the movies. How can you take that first movie to feature Darth Nihilus seriously when you can only make out about three different sections to his face (white blob, red blur, white blob)? You just gotta sit back and sigh a deep sigh of despair.

How can people stand for this?! It makes me so ANGRY!

I hope they release some kind of downloadable expansion pack to remedy this for those who care. Can't see it happening though.

1) Kreia conversation about best/worst skill. It said it raised the skill, but for me it didn't. Top was Awareness and bottom was treat injury.

2) I think most people have had this one. In the cache that Mandalore send you to when you try to use someone else's computer skill to move the robots it uses yours instead.

3) No Lightside/darkside points for how you handle the riot in Onderon square.

4) During any of the Mandalore conversations there is no lightside/darkside points in his conversation like other characters.

5) Some lightsaber components do not add correctly. Telgon Jolt Cell Mark I doesn't work. I forgot the other.

6) Persuade for the purchasing the Ranmana doesn't work. I had cheats on my second time, so I could start with a lightsaber, so just for a test I set persuade to 90 and still failed to bring the price down from 2000 to 1500.

7) I was messing with some saves and before Red Eclipse quest I got a conversation between Marr and Handmaiden about my character. I went to another save where I hadn't gone to the ship first and then did the Red Eclipse quest and never got the conversation.

;) I couldn't complete the fuel for Telos station quest. I went back to talk to the station chief and It would bring up any dialog to complete the quest.

9) If you use Daraala to complete the two dead salvager quest she reset as if you didn't do anything else. On the same note if you don't complete the quest before you protect the base you can't complete this quest with the guy in charge of base security.

There were more, but I didn't write them all down.

1) Kreia conversation about best/worst skill.  It said it raised the skill, but for me it didn't.  Top was Awareness and bottom was treat injury.

2) I think most people have had this one.  In the cache that Mandalore send you to when you try to use someone else's computer skill to move the robots it uses yours instead.

3) No Lightside/darkside points for how you handle the riot in Onderon square.

4) During any of the Mandalore conversations there is no lightside/darkside points in his conversation like other characters.

5) Some lightsaber components do not add correctly.  Telgon Jolt Cell Mark I doesn't work.  I forgot the other.

6) Persuade for the purchasing the Ranmana doesn't work.  I had cheats on my second time, so I could start with a lightsaber, so just for a test I set persuade to 90 and still failed to bring the price down from 2000 to 1500.

7) I was messing with some saves and before Red Eclipse quest I got a conversation between Marr and Handmaiden about my character.  I went to another save where I hadn't gone to the ship first and then did the Red Eclipse quest and never got the conversation.

;) I couldn't complete the fuel for Telos station quest.  I went back to talk to the station chief and It would bring up any dialog to complete the quest.

9) If you use Daraala to complete the two dead salvager quest she reset as if you didn't do anything else.  On the same note if you don't complete the quest before you protect the base you can't complete this quest with the guy in charge of base security.

There were more, but I didn't write them all down.

1 u need points in a particular skils to make it work. Wich means that u upgraded awareness. add one or more pints there.

6 maby u need force persuade, like "force dominate"

8 this is how i completed it: i heplt with frighter orderquest, then i talket more to the hutt and so on. i destroied vogos ship and talked to the hutt again. i got xp and my quest ended there. no need to go back to telos.

9 he did say that u wont bee able to do your quest after the atack. i supose it means "all" quest before the atack

Great, no one wants to help me.

Sorry. I'd be happy to help you if you could post more info. What is your computer setup? What is the contents of your swkotor2.ini? Have you tried any common fixes already?

Don't know about my computer setup but here is the kotor2.ini info and I don't think no one had this before which no one would help me on Lucasforums

[Graphics Options]

Grass=1

Shadows=1

EnableHardwareMouse=1

RefreshRate=85

Width=800

Height=600

Emitters=1

Anisotropy=2

Frame Buffer=0

Soft Shadows=0

Brightness=73

FullScreen=1

V-Sync=1

Texture Quality=2

Anti Aliasing=0

[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

Force Software=1

[Game Options]

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=9

BodyVariation=3

AppearanceType=168

PCGender=0

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=2

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=1

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

UnlockedPlanetSongs=2

TooltipDelay Sec=1

Disable Movies=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=0

Movie 9=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 5=0

Movie 4=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 2=0

Movie 1=0

Movie 0=0

Don't know about my computer setup but here is the kotor2.ini info and I don't think no one had this before which no one would help me on Lucasforums

How can you expect people to help you if you're not even able to tell people what kind of system configuration you have.... That's where most problems are solved....

How can you expect people to help you if you're not even able to tell people what kind of system configuration you have.... That's where most problems are solved....

Oh, I have AMD Athlon 1.6 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 400, 512MB RAM and XP pro SP2. There is a problem with video card drivers that my computer keeps on crashing and restarting itself as well.

Your computer setup, meaning what the parts are. What video card, what sound card, whether you have the latest drivers. Things like that.

If you run the swconfig program that is in your SWKotor2 directory, you can click 'Scan Hardware' and then it will detect what your hardware setup is. Then click 'Details'. Then click 'Save Report'. It will create a file called swinfo.txt.

That swinfo.txt will tell me most of what I need to know.

Your computer setup, meaning what the parts are. What video card, what sound card, whether you have the latest drivers. Things like that.

If you run the swconfig program that is in your SWKotor2 directory, you can click 'Scan Hardware' and then it will detect what your hardware setup is. Then click 'Details'. Then click 'Save Report'. It will create a file called swinfo.txt.

That swinfo.txt will tell me most of what I need to know.

Is that better?

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=26/02/2005 2:07:47 a.m.

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=384

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=1675

CPUFamily=6

CPUModel=8

CPUStepping=1

CPUVendor=AMD

CPUName=Unknown CPU Type 1675MHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=512

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=4.60GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\

Drives=E-IDE CD-ROM 40X/AKU,SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352N

[Video]

Video Card Name=NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

Video Memory=64

Desktop Resolution=1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.5.2

OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer=GeForce4 MX 440/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

NVidia Driver=6.14.10.6693

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)

Status=Pass

Ahh..a GeForce 4 MX is a pretty low-end card. nVidia did this sort of sneaky thing when they came out with the GeForce 4. The Ti cards were all brand new technology and pretty powerful for the time. The MX cards were basically redesigned Geforce 2 cards.

That might be the cause of your crashes. I'm not sure a Geforce 4 MX supports OpenGL 1.3 in hardware.

Since you say your computer keeps crashing, try going to http://www.drivercleaner.net and download Driver Cleaner.

Download the latest video drivers. Uninstall your current video drivers. Reboot into Safe

Mode by hitting F8 while your computer starts and then picking Safe Mode in the menu. Run Driver Cleaner and get rid of your nVidia drivers remaining files. Use Driver Cleaner's Cab Cleaner too. Then make sure any files you KNOW are related to the old video drivers are deleted. Reboot back into normal Windows. Finally, install the new video drivers.