Bugs

I think it would be useful to have a thread only for bug discussion.

Also solutions could be posted here.

Just give in a detailed analysis of the problem you faced and maybe others in the forum or even the *cough* developers *cough* could answer you.

(I really want to hope that there will be no replies in this)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Here's the huge bug I posted on another thread.

I have a really powerful laptop. It's specs are:

3ghz Pentium 4 proccesser

640mb of RAM

Radeon Mobility 9000 with 128mb of RAM

Do you need to know more? Just ask. Anyway Trying to play the game, it runs at 1 frame per second, maybe ever worse!!! It's a slide show, not a game. It doesn't crash or anything, but it is unplayable. Now I've been reading of people with worse being able to play it better. I have put all settings to low, all to high, turned each on on and off individually, restarting after each change, no difference. I've gone through the .ini file, and I've tried that last effort thingy, nothing. No change at all. Even the front menu is a slideshow, cause of the dude. I've tried installing the latest drivers for my Radeon, Latest Catalyst Drivers, then I tried Omega Drivers, which supposedly are better for gaming. No change at all. Any suggestion, I bought this game right when it came out...cause I'm desperate to play. And I'm no amateur with computers, but none of my old tricks are working. Whats up? And yes, My radeon is past the minimum requirements.

And don't give me any of that is your desktop resolution the same as in game? crap cause you all know that never works. But yeah, I've tried all that stuff too.

Not a member on this board? e-mail me aldonn_clone@hotmail.com

I don't care who you are, so long as you tell me what i need to know.

Here's the huge bug I posted on another thread.

I have a really powerful laptop. It's specs are:

3ghz Pentium 4 proccesser

640mb of RAM

Radeon Mobility 9000 with 128mb of RAM

Do you need to know more? Just ask. Anyway Trying to play the game, it runs at 1 frame per second, maybe ever worse!!! It's a slide show, not a game. It doesn't crash or anything, but it is unplayable. Now I've been reading of people with worse being able to play it better. I have put all settings to low, all to high, turned each on on and off individually, restarting after each change, no difference. I've gone through the .ini file, and I've tried that last effort thingy, nothing. No change at all. Even the front menu is a slideshow, cause of the dude. I've tried installing the latest drivers for my Radeon, Latest Catalyst Drivers, then I tried Omega Drivers, which supposedly are better for gaming. No change at all. Any suggestion, I bought this game right when it came out...cause I'm desperate to play. And I'm no amateur with computers, but none of my old tricks are working. Whats up? And yes, My radeon is past the minimum requirements.

And don't give me any of that is your desktop resolution the same as in game? crap cause you all know that never works. But yeah, I've tried all that stuff too.

Not a member on this board? e-mail me aldonn_clone@hotmail.com

I don't care who you are, so long as you tell me what i need to know.

you are using a laptop, you aren't supposed to play kotor games on a laptop, if you want to, go buy a laptop with an ATI 9600 or better... it will not run on your laptop, it's all the videocard on laptops, believe me.

sorry man.

you are using a laptop, you aren't supposed to play kotor games on a laptop, if you want to, go buy a laptop with an ATI 9600 or better... it will not run on your laptop, it's all the videocard on laptops, believe me.

sorry man.

Oh come on, I refuse to believe that. It's a Radeon 9000, says it's supported on the list thingy. There has to be a way to make it work. This laptop can play anything your computer can.

and just to add, in the *system requirements* it's talking about a desktop computer, It NEVER ONCE talks about the *MOBILITY* Familly of ATI cards, you have to face it man, laptop technology is a WHOLE nother ball game, the same rules don't apply. I wish there was some way I could help you, the mobility 9000 just won't cut it, especially on this new game.

I understand how you feel man, there were a few things you could do for the origional kotor, but i guess since you only get 1FPS on this one, there isn't as much help.

What I would do is... call, or email, or do something to contact Lucas Arts and/or Obsidian and ask them why it's not working on your laptop.

They will probably give you the same answer I did, the *sys specs* are written for desktop computers...

do you truly believe that an ATI mobility 9000 is the SAME as an ATI 9000? do you know how dumbed down the technology is t get that thing to fit in the body of that it's bitsy laptop?

the M 9000 is probably equivalent to an ATI 6500, it's not gonna work, but as they went up to about 9600 in the mobility familly they fixed that problem, the ATI M 9600 runs about as well as a normal 9700, it works beautifully.

I understand how you feel man, there were a few things you could do for the origional kotor, but i guess since you only get 1FPS on this one, there isn't as much help.

What I would do is... call, or email, or do something to contact Lucas Arts and/or Obsidian and ask them why it's not working on your laptop.

They will probably give you the same answer I did, the *sys specs* are written for desktop computers...

do you truly believe that an ATI mobility 9000 is the SAME as an ATI 9000? do you know how dumbed down the technology is t get that thing to fit in the body of that it's bitsy laptop?

the M 9000 is probably equivalent to an ATI 6500, it's not gonna work, but as they went up to about 9600 in the mobility familly they fixed that problem, the ATI M 9600 runs about as well as a normal 9700, it works beautifully.

Goddamit!!! There's gotta be something I can do. Some thing I can turn off. Anything...I'm desperate...

Is it a integrated Video card? I believe all Notebook computers have integrated video processors. Don't expect to run 3D games on that.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Is it a integrated Video card? I believe all Notebook computers have integrated video processors. Don't expect to run 3D games on that.

Yes it's integrated, and I've Run every other game, including Halo. Are you to tell me Halo isn't a 3d game? Or that Halo requires less then KOTOR2? I've Also run Sims 2 at Maximum Settings, at High Resolution, and it's run Flawlessly. If I remember correctly, that's 3D too.

Yes it's integrated, and I've Run every other game, including Halo. Are you to tell me Halo isn't a 3d game? Or that Halo requires less then KOTOR2? I've Also run Sims 2 at Maximum Settings, at High Resolution, and it's run Flawlessly. If I remember correctly, that's 3D too.

It doesnt matter what u have played. If kotor 2 dont have int. mobilty in supported list, then u may have problems.

To wingcommanderIV:

Are there any other programms running in the background? If yes they try to disable as many of them as possible.

Also try unistalling and reinstalling the game.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

DS Luke has a point- spyware and viruses such as worms reeeeally slow down your computer, but you probably know that already :)

Another trick I picked up was to go in to the Direct X dialogue box (start> run> type 'dxdiag') and turning off AGP texture acceleration in the display tab, then turning down the hardware sound acceleration level in the sound tab. Might help, certainly seemed to push KotOR over the edge of playabiltiy for me.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Wingcommander,

If a local shop finally has KOTOR2 here, I'll pick it up and see if it runs on my rig: Sager 8886 with 9000 mobility (64MB), omega drivers (I'll check the version), 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP1.

I registered here just because of some suggestions that the mobilities are crippled beyond reason and laptops are useless game machines. KOTOR 1 runs quite nicely on the laptop above and unless Obsidian really tweaked the engine (in a bad way), KOTOR 2 will run quite nicely as well. I play this game WHEN I'm travelling with my laptop. Now, if it was a 7500 Mobility, yes it probably would have severe problems. 9000 series though...no problem.

Your system should run the game - make no mistake about it.

piperone

EDIT: Note, I had really bad FPS in KOTOR 1 until I switched to Omega. Whether you use a ATI or nVidia chip on your laptop, your video chip becomes and OEM specific implementation. Your manufacturer must supply any updates - the unified drivers from the video manufacturers don't cut it. That's why Omega drivers are the only ones to use with Laptops. They've always been laptop agnostic when I've used them. Can't say the same about Catalyst drivers. You might want to make sure you have no trace of catalyst on your system...check guru3d.com for utils to remove drivers.

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! I used an old version of Omega drivers, that were 4.11 catalyst based, and it works!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!

EDIT: I just finished the prologue. Not a single problem!!! I have confidence the problem is solved, and all I can say is My god, thank you all. I was so disheartened. All that long wait was for nothing. But yo have changed my life around. Everything seems new and glorious. Oh thank you. You wouldn't believe how much this means to me.

I'm having some huge problems with the game as well. Also, I have a laptop. I got a Radeon 9600 mobility card. I'm having crashing problems after movies play (there's another post explaining my situation.) I have no idea what to do. I guess I'll try the omega drivers, but I dunno if those will work.

And KOTOR 1 ran perfectly on my laptop, as well. How did Obsidian **** this up?!

I'm having some huge problems with the game as well.  Also, I have a laptop.  I got a Radeon 9600 mobility card.  I'm having crashing problems after movies play (there's another post explaining my situation.)  I have no idea what to do.  I guess I'll try the omega drivers, but I dunno if those will work.

And KOTOR 1 ran perfectly on my laptop, as well.  How did Obsidian **** this up?!

Apparently the 4.12 catalysts onwards have resurrected (cool word) the crashing problems of old (tho, I've got Omega 4.12's and never had a problem- but then I don't have a 9600M) so try the 4.11's.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Here are some specific bugs ive found

1) during cutscenes atton seems to always have really bad graphical glitches.Its like his body has a pole stickin out of him,doesnt affect gameplay but its just wierd looking,sometimes he will also disappear but you can hear him talking.

2)Characters will walk through doors in cutscenes but they wont actually go all the way through until you walk through the door.

3) Dantooine will all of the sudden become lag city. After leaving the ebon hawk all of the sudden the character will run in circles,not move,not respond to movement.Even after rebooting and restarting the game it still happens in the same exact spot.This one is a gameplay killer as i can not advance beyond this point now

Going to try another planet in the meantime.

4) A few issues of characters saying somethign different then what is written in cutscene.

well can't be 100% sure if there bug id say they are

When u first get into the space suit you walk like 3x faster than normal where as it was like 3x slow in KOTOR1

Walking speed is 2 fast, wantin to walk about yet its like im in a rush to get somewhere!

Alien text speed is 2 fast, miss the end of each line a alien says -.- ! NEEDS FIXING FAST ! its anoying not geting everything the aliens say

installing the CD's is also a pain, had 3 errors tho manged to install it.

also like to add the stars look fake, there 2 many and 2 cluted togeather

so have i like bough the game to take part in the beta or somthing, feels like it, sure many others feel the same 2

A slight glitch that I've discovered: if you have T3-M4 look into the Secuirty Storage via a security camera before you use a mine to blow the door, there's a possibility that if you go back to that door, you don't get the option to blow it open with a mine.

Quick save and reload fixed that for me, but it might be a broken script.

Has anyone experienced a bug in the swoop racing where it lets you race, and you place within the top 4, but it doesn't record your score? I AM racing, not practicing, and I beat the 3rd and 4th place guys and it won't post my score.

Also, I was standing talking to the sullustan outside the cantina on Telos and Kreia started twitching and jumping back and forth across the screen...not a big deal, but I figured i'd mention it...