gamespot pc review

click here

is it me or is that not their xbox review copy and pasted exactly as is from like two months ago?

Well, it is almost the same. The only changes are in the second paragraph on the last page where they have replaced discussion of framerates plummeting on the XBox with random crashes to the desktop on the PC.

The accompanying video review also has the exact same narration as the video review for the XBox version, only with screen captures from the PC version.

Well that's just lazy. Even though some parts might have made sense for the XBOX review, they're really out of place for the PC counterpart :

"The Sith Lords, since chances are you'll feel like you've played this game before, only you'll swear it looked better the first time"

o:)

manthing2.jpg

Well that's just lazy.  Even though some parts might have made sense for the XBOX review, they're really out of place for the PC counterpart :

"The Sith Lords, since chances are you'll feel like you've played this game before, only you'll swear it looked better the first time"

:blink:

Thats a big assumption on your part. The games mediocre, for everything thats better, theres somthing that makes it worse, by now you should be prepared for that

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well that's just lazy.  Even though some parts might have made sense for the XBOX review, they're really out of place for the PC counterpart :

:blink:

Thats a big assumption on your part. The games mediocre, for everything thats better, theres somthing that makes it worse, by now you should be prepared for that

You're missing the point. On the XBOX review they made a a huge case of the poor framerates and increased workload of the code causing the XBOX the graphics to look choppy and worse. That's all fine and all, but that was the conclusionary statement for the XBOX review jsut copied and pasted. The PC, or at least my PC, has 256 MB graphics and an AMD 64 processor at it's disposal - I hardly think the graphical improvements on the engine ( ie. the rain, snow, lighting, flowing robes), will cause my trusty GeForce to break a sweat. ;)

manthing2.jpg

You're missing the point.  On the XBOX review they made a a huge case of the poor framerates and increased workload of the code causing the XBOX the graphics to look choppy and worse.  That's all fine and all, but that was the conclusionary statement for the XBOX review jsut copied and pasted.  The PC, or at least my PC, has 256 MB graphics and an AMD 64 processor at it's disposal - I hardly think the graphical improvements on the engine ( ie. the rain, snow, lighting, flowing robes), will cause my trusty GeForce to break a sweat.  :blink:

Don't be too sure, little guy, there could be alot of factors, especially since no patches would be available

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You're missing the point.  On the XBOX review they made a a huge case of the poor framerates and increased workload of the code causing the XBOX the graphics to look choppy and worse.  That's all fine and all, but that was the conclusionary statement for the XBOX review jsut copied and pasted.  The PC, or at least my PC, has 256 MB graphics and an AMD 64 processor at it's disposal - I hardly think the graphical improvements on the engine ( ie. the rain, snow, lighting, flowing robes), will cause my trusty GeForce to break a sweat.  :blink:

Don't be too sure, little guy, there could be alot of factors, especially since no patches would be available

Only ATI cards need stinkin' patches. GeForce cards Whizzle Fo' Shizzle. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

What I find even more amusing is Gamespot's "guide" recycles virtually all the old observations from KOTOR in regards to stats, character creation and such and makes almost no changes to the wording whatsoever even though in many cases things have been slightly changed.

Now that's lazy.