I was playing KOTOR today

Zach Morris

I used to play KOTOR on a GeForce TI 4200. A great card. It served me well. I thought KOTOR looked great on it. I played it today on my new NVIDIA 6600GT and wow. Everything looked a little sharper. But what impressed me the most is the blur effect. Whenever I used sonic emitter the screen did this cool blurry thing. Also when I used Speed the whole screen had this speed blur thing that looked amazing. Also the glow around the mines looks gorgeous now. They glow and sparkle. What is going on here.

I used to play KOTOR on a GeForce TI 4200.  A great card.  It served me well.  I thought KOTOR looked great on it.  I played it today on my new NVIDIA 6600GT and wow.  Everything looked a little sharper.  But what impressed me the most is the blur effect.  Whenever I used sonic emitter the screen did this cool blurry thing.  Also when I used Speed the whole screen had this speed blur thing that looked amazing.  Also the glow around the mines looks gorgeous now.  They glow and sparkle.  What is going on here.

Also, I bet that your stealth mode looks WAY cooler. o:)

Behold the power of frame buffer effects my friend.

manthing2.jpg

I'm still moaning and whining that the frame buffer effect setting is off by default in Kotor...

I wasted 25 hours of my life playing through it the first time with the effects off, never knowing that they were there, hidden under advanced settings o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm still moaning and whining that the frame buffer effect setting is off by default in Kotor...

I wasted 25 hours of my life playing through it the first time with the effects off, never knowing that they were there, hidden under advanced settings :(

o:)

I mean, poor Gorth. :(

I'm truly comforted by your sincere display of compassion :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I used to play KOTOR on a GeForce TI 4200.  A great card.  It served me well.  I thought KOTOR looked great on it.  I played it today on my new NVIDIA 6600GT and wow.  Everything looked a little sharper.  But what impressed me the most is the blur effect.  Whenever I used sonic emitter the screen did this cool blurry thing.  Also when I used Speed the whole screen had this speed blur thing that looked amazing.  Also the glow around the mines looks gorgeous now.  They glow and sparkle.  What is going on here.

Welcome to the realm of high-end graphics. A land forbidden to the weak of faith, to the apostates and recreants, aka Xbox owners. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Welcome to the realm of high-end graphics. A land forbidden to the weak of faith, to the apostates and recreants, aka Xbox owners. :ph34r:

Well we have those effects on the xbox :blink:

Well we have those effects on the xbox :p

You don't have 1200x1600 resolution though. :rolleyes:

maybe the weak end Xboxers....i've got a top end PC and an Xbox and i love them both equally. :geek: