PC Patch?

After reading the gamespy review I'm just curious as to when we can expect the first patch for the PC? I know the game is hours away from release, but if the bugs are as serious as the review says they are, it would be nice to know roughly how long we're going to have to put up with them.

Rollen

After reading the gamespy review I'm just curious as to when we can expect the first patch for the PC?  I know the game is hours away from release, but if the bugs are as serious as the review says they are, it would be nice to know roughly how long we're going to have to put up with them.

Rollen

I have just noticed that all the reviews i have seen have been using Nvidia Cards....but i never take reviews seriously anyway, too many of them lie like crazy.

So, why don't you get the PC Version, try it out and if you get stopped by major bugs (crashes, sub quests broken etc) then ask about a patch, for all you know, all the reviews could have been using less then the finished product build.

After reading the gamespy review I'm just curious as to when we can expect the first patch for the PC?  I know the game is hours away from release, but if the bugs are as serious as the review says they are, it would be nice to know roughly how long we're going to have to put up with them.

Rollen

For me its easy, I'm not buying the game until there are enough patches released so that there is close to no bugs left. I've had enough of buggy software, especially buggy PC RPGs. And in times of old, blackile games were full of bugs on release too, and still full of bugs after the patch. And then Interplay would stop supporting the game, even if it needed more patches and ppl were still reporting bugs. Ok I'm pissed just thinking about it.

Ha, ha, that

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

[You know the funny thing isn't that people are doubting that there are going to be patchs its the fact that people aren't doubting it in the least. Just look at the stellar game support that the Xbox Gamers have gotten so far and then think about it for a second, do you really think that just because you have a PC that your going to get better service? Yes it is possible and hey who knows but if the XBox service is any indication I wouldn't hold my breath on patches anytime soon.

You

I'm just going to hit the "check for updates button" (or equivalent) before I play, and if there is nothing I will venture forth into the abyss and hope my PC doesn't die.

Pray to God you don't have an ATI card. :ph34r:

hey now. i have an ati card and i didnt have a single problem with kotor1, except for the lowering of effects. but that was more due to the low specs of the comp than the actual graphics card.

I'm just going to hit the "check for updates button" (or equivalent) before I play, and if there is nothing I will venture forth into the abyss and hope my PC doesn't die.

hey now. i have an ati card and i didnt have a single problem with kotor1, except for the lowering of effects. but that was more due to the low specs of the comp than the actual graphics card.

HAHA ATi scum! nVidia cards are supposed to work better with most games (or so I hear). Let's see what ATi can do to my overclocked 6800 Ultra overclocked to 500/1280.

HAHA ATi scum! nVidia cards are supposed to work better with most games (or so I hear). Let's see what ATi can do to my overclocked 6800 Ultra overclocked to 500/1280.

Dude, if you want a faster card, buy one, don't risk screwing up your card to get better results.

Besides, who cares if Nvidia cards get 5-10fps more then ATI Cards, as long as it works.

Dude, if you want a faster card, buy one, don't risk screwing up your card to get better results.

Well I have an NV5 Silencer, Liquid Cooling, and 4 Additional 120MM Case Fans. I also have 1 600 watt OCZ PSU. I've also checked my core temperatures and they are well below the limit. The most my card has ever gone to is 63 C which is nothing. Most cards at full load go to 81. Also, there is no nVidia card faster than the one I have so... yea

Besides, who cares if Nvidia cards get 5-10fps more then ATI Cards, as long as it works.

10FPS makes a pretty big difference if you ask me...

Dude buy an xbox. It's cheaper then a brand new graphics card.

I like to maintain my anti-console attitude :D

Well i am definitly a PC man but i have decided to go with the xbox version first. The main reason it that i dont have a proper computer chair and as i intend to play the game solidly until i have finished it i need something comfy to sit. Right now i cant afford a new chair so my sofa is the only option.

After 2-3 times through the game i won't be playing so solidly and will have some more money by then so i can afford to buy the game on PC aswell and a new chair. After that i probably won't play it on the xbox for some time.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

1. Console Games suck because they cant be patched.  Got Bugs?  Too bad.  (Xbox maybe different with its hard drive but I am not going to pay for XBox Live so little good that does me.)

:thumbsup: heard it all before :lol:

argumented it so many times, there is no conclusion, everyone can say stuff like this. Stop, please?

-_--_--_--_--_-

Two things:

1. Console Games suck because they cant be patched.  Got Bugs?  Too bad.  (Xbox maybe different with its hard drive but I am not going to pay for XBox Live so little good that does me.)

2. Obsidian must make the decision how much they are going to stand behind their own work now that they are their own company.  A few developers I buy from take the time and investment to put out patches.  Others insist they wont until their publisher puts up the cash (which they rarely, if ever, do once the product has been released). 

Patches are not free as they take time and resources for no return except Customer Satisfaction-an investment in the future as it were.  Very few publishers are going to provide capitol for patches so we shall see what kind of company Obsidian is by how much they support the PC version.  If they blame it on the publisher for not giving them money...well that will say alot.

1. Your right that for the most part console gammers are screwed if the game has bugs, the thing is that they aren't acknowledging the bugs to begin with. Come on how hard is it for them to pop onto the boards every once and a while and address some problems and maybe provide a work around or two for said problems? For the most part Xboxers have been left to fend for themselves when it comes to the problems that many have faced.

2. From the way they have handled the debocale that is the Xbox version I am guessing that they aren't going to stand behind it what so ever. Now it might be different with the PC version since it is expected to be buggy as all get out. But when it comes to patches and such it would have been simple (I would guess) to leave in the DLC support part of the code so should they need an update on the big black box they could provide a disk (at a cost for the consumer of course) which would include the same patch info as the PC version. Because to install something on the HD from a disk would work the same as if it was downloaded... would it not?. But thats not the thing I was trying to get at in my post what I was meaning was that since they are not acknowledging the bugs to begin with and aren't helping the people with problems how is it that anyone can come expect support from them in any form what so ever (even PCers)?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png