Jefferson and NWN2

Xiw

Fine. If no one else will step up to the plate...

...Fergus buys fallout and apparently Jefferson assets from Iply.

...Obsidian is making NWN2 giving them access to the D&D license.

JE Sawyer stated in the past that Jefferson would never be published as is was meant to be because of the WotC stance against mature content in licensed products.

JE Sawyer also stated (if I recall correctly) that the WotC policy also seemed to be enforce in a rather arbitrary manner mostly in line with who they wanted to keep do business with.

WotC seems to be in good working relationship with Bioware and therefore Obsidian.

So, even if NWN 2 isn't Jefferson, is there a possibility that we could see it in an expansion?

Even though this is a Jefferson related thread and should be taken seriously, I can't prevent myself from "ROFL-ing"...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I hate to say it... but that actually made sense to me :lol:

Ya I would hate to say that too :(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's possible they could use the elements of NwN to make a focused single player game which could be BG III.

Because they dont appear as yet to have anything on the cards other than NwN II and thats pretty unusual.

Most likely explanation, they are working on something for a next gen console. It's easier to get state secrets than to find that stuff out. Even my wifes brother will only say yes and leave it at that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

NWN2 might contain some element of ideas hatched during the pre-production of Jefferson but I doubt itll be more than that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Since when did Feargus buy the Jefferson assets? I think he just picked up some of the textures. I believe Jefferson is still safely stored away on a dark and dusty server somewhere - I think in the same place they stored the Ark in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

Come on, now. ROFL if you must but, after the IPLY disaster, the only way the Black Hound could've been made is if several unlikely conditions and circumstances occurred. I'm not talking about BG3 or the Jefferson Engine, I'm just talking about the Black Hound story.

1) Someone would have to buy the design docs from IPLY. This would have the whole Back Hound story, areas defined, NCPs, etc.

Fergus bought assets from IPLY last summer.

Check.

2) These design docs of course would be worthless unless whoever purchased them had a license to make a D&D Forgotten Realms PC game.

Obsidian is making NWN2.

Check.

3) Whoever had both of the above would need a reason or have a particular motivation to make the game.

The design for the game is complete so that would save the time and resources of creating a new one. Most of these guys worked on that design doc, so they know the material and maybe have a bit of professional pride tied up in it. They had the previous attempt to make the game yanked out from underneath them by a corp. bureaucracy. Now they are in control.

Check.

Now, I'm not saying that it is even remotely likely that Obsidian will make The Black Hound. There are probably 10 times more reasons not to make it then to make it. All I'm saying is that a series of event needed to take place in order for it to even be possible, and it seems that those events may have happened. It's just curious is all.

...Josh would 'ave an aneurysm... ;)

...I's'd pay good cash ta see it happen... :-

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

1)  Someone would have to buy the design docs from IPLY.  This would have the whole Back Hound story, areas defined, NCPs, etc. 

Fergus bought assets from IPLY last summer.

Check.

Uncheck it or something. I thought feargus only bought fallout art from iply.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

First of all, the Jefferson plot is set in the Dalelands and not anywhere near the city of Neverwinter. Secondly, changing the story's setting wouldn't be an easy thing to do since some elements of the Dalelands (places, people -the purple knights of Cormyr for example) were crucial to the plot.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

First of all, the Jefferson plot is set in the Dalelands and not anywhere near the city of Neverwinter. Secondly, changing the story's setting wouldn't be an easy thing to do since some elements of the Dalelands (places, people -the purple knights of Cormyr for example) were crucial to the plot.

In other words, they could do it easily.

Are you mocking me?

...an' what if Josh joined Obsidian???... :rolleyes:

MYSTARY!!!

:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way