Is KOTOR in your top 10?

Zach Morris

Is KOTOR in your top 10?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is KOTOR in your top 10?

• Yes.
    • No.

It's ok I think I saw it more favourably because after NwN Biowares OC didnt set the benchmark very high.

I rented it so didnt have any idea what was going to happen so my character was not really suited for a career as a Jedi. Once you know the twist the games a bit ho hum.

It might possibly get into my top 10 but only just.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Probably my top 20, not my top 10.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

No, I'm afraid it wasn't. It's an excellent game, mind you, but just doesn't quite reach that epitome of magnificence that makes me want to play it again and again for years. I'm not sure it would reach my top 20 either, truth be told. But then again, I've played a LOT of games so that shouldn't detract from the strength of the fine game that it was.

No.

It's a nice game and I completed it several times, but compared to other games and games that once were, it might sneak into the lower part of the top 50 list.

But don't feel bad about that, I've been playing computer games for 20 years. The game was very "medium" everything, medium story, medium gfx, medium music, medium charater interaction etc. It offered nothing new, but filled a gap at a time where no games of interest had been or were to be released for a long time. And as I said, even if not brilliant a quite OK game and good fun.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No, but it's definitely on my top 20 list ..

Mostly because I was so suprised! I had not heard anything of it when I borrowed it from a friend .. and all other SW games are relatively so-so imo .. So I was pleasantly suprised to find a rather good game once playing!

my top ten is reserved for nostalgic games of old ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Top 10 Video Games: No

Top 10 RPGs: Yes

My top 10 videogams would probably go something like

10. Far Cry

9. Rome: Total War

8. No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy In H.A.R.M.'s Way

7. Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow

6. Hitman Contracts

5. Half Life 2

4. Aliens vs. Predator 2

3. Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines

2. Scrapland

1. Beyond Good & Evil

Expect Torment and the Fallouts to find a place on this list soon and [possibly] Baldur's Gate; the latter depending if it picks up more than it has so far.

Hmm... top ten..

1) Resident Evil REmake

2) Alpha Centauri

3) Resident Evil 3

4) Fallout 2

5) StarCraft + Broodwar

6) Jagged Alliance 2

7) KotOR

:- Planescape: Torment

9) Baldur's Gate

10) Resident Evil: Outbreak

Hmm... top ten..

1) Resident Evil REmake

3) Resident Evil 3

Now, that's cute: a girl that loves the RE series. I have discussed about this with some friends and they were all rather surprised as most girls freak out when they watch us play these games...

I also heard that RE Outbreak sucked. How come you liked it? And where's RE4 on your list? I thought you loved that one... :)

Anyway, to answer the thread's question: yes, Kotor is in my top ten list, just after the IE games (except for PS:T, which I personally hate :o ) and after NWN.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Hmm... top ten..

1) Resident Evil REmake

3) Resident Evil 3

What happened to Resident Evil 1&2 ??? :)

Edit: Damn Ramza, you are fast...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Now, that's cute: a girl that loves the RE series. I have discussed about this with some friends and they were all rather surprised as most girls freak out when they watch us play these games...

I also heard that RE Outbreak sucked. How come you liked it? And where's RE4 on your list? I thought you loved that one...  :o 

You'd be surprised how many girls like Resident Evil or Survival Horror in general.

Outbreak was fun, it's biggest flaw was Capcom overreached itself and only released 1/4 of what they had planned. Overall though it's about equal to any other RE game in my opinion... think of it as a Choose your own adventure game RE style. Once Capcom releases File 2 (and hopefully 3 and/or a combined "giftset" it'll live up to it's true potential)

RE4 was fun, in fact I played it 7 times :)

But it's not Survival Horror in my opinion, not even scary. It's a good action game though. Action really isn't my thing, and if it wasn't an RE game I probably wouldn't have played it to begin with (now that I know what kind of game it plays like)

It was fun, but meh... not a fav.

my all time favs tend to be games that i play repeatedly, which means that sports games rank high since they give you the ability to play game after game, season after season as your main priority.

in terms of time ive spent playing games over and over my top ten would look like:

1-ootp baseball

2-sega genesis hockey series

3-madden football series

4-nba live series

5-neverwinter night (the whole package, including expansions & user created modules)

6-kotor1

7-kotor2

8-fallout2

9-fallout1

10-baldurs gate 1

On a completely unrelated and off-topic note, I clicked on Darque's user profile to see if there was an interesting sig line (I click on peoples profiles every now and then to do that, as I have the signature feature switched off)...

And saw this:

User most active in forum:

Obsidian Moderation

( 1646 posts / 40% of this member's active posts )

Damn is that an active moderator!

:)

No, KotOR isn't in the top ten.

10. Grim Fandango

9. System Shock 2

8. Far Cry

7. Fallout/Fallout 2

6. Pool of Radiance

5. Daggerfall

4. GTA: San Andreas

3. Deus Ex

2. Gothic/Gothic 2

1. Wasteland

I've noticed that my absolute favourites move around some, depending on which mood I am in. The top three are pretty static though. Also, I hate doing these top ten lists! There are so many great games I've forgotten about at the moment and I'm sure this list will change if I think a while longer.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

On a completely unrelated and off-topic note, I clicked on Darque's user profile to see if there was an interesting sig line (I click on peoples profiles every now and then to do that, as I have the signature feature switched off)...

And saw this:

Obsidian Moderation

:o

They apparently killed a lot of posts with the restructuring :) (I noticed this as well)

And saw this:

Obsidian Moderation

:o

They apparently killed a lot of posts with the restructuring :) (I noticed this as well)

or they just think the majority of your posts are spam and delete them. :p

Yep! Both Kotor games are actually in my top 10 games list. :)

1. Goldeneye 64

2. Perfect Dark 64

3. Star Wars Kotor 2

3. Star Wars Kotor

4. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Don't shoot me.)

5. Warcraft III + TFT

6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

7. Metal Gear Solid

8. Metal Gear Solid 2

9. Championship Manager 99/00

10. Conker's bad fur Day