Gamespy PC review

hah, this review has completed the poisoning of the game for me, i for one shall not be buying tsl. im sad to say iv converted to.....FABLE. weeks ago i would of murdered anyone who had said that, but now having played it is obviously gunna be superior to rushed old kotor 2, however i eagerly await kotor3!

i bid thee farewell guys, has been nice being a part of this board and im sure il see round occasionally.....especially when i find out hu is developing 3

happy posting all :thumbsup:

Overreact much?

By the way, Fable doesn't even come close to KOTOR II. Even with all the bugs KOTOR II has it destroys Fable. Fable's story is weak, has uninteresting characters, 0 replay value and no lightsabers. All the main plot points are told through some janky looking window painting. The ending is completely retarded. Why should I care for these characters? Fable's ending makes KOTOR II's look brilliant.

deadly, why play an rpg which isnt finished and is therefore second rate.

meh im so up for one last debate :thumbsup:

Well, if it is as bad as the reviews claim, i will just place it on the shelf to gather dust and pray that the Devs and LA decide to accually care about their customers instead of their profit margin. (yeh right)

Sounds like too much to ask if you (pardon the pun) ask me...

hah, this review has completed the poisoning of the game for me, i for one shall not be buying tsl. im sad to say iv converted to.....FABLE.

What, you aren't going to play Daikatana? <snicker>

As for the first screenshot, I think that it's from from Knights of the Very, Very Old Republic.

Between the problems with the ending that I keep hearing about and the bugs described in the review, I am *very* concerned. I know that it's a lot easier to do coding for the X-Box since it's a 'closed' system [well, theoretically] that doesn't have as many variables as the PC's do, but an awful lot of what he was saying sounds like stuff that should have been picked up ages ago - hell, they should have been covered in patches for KOTOR1 - and you can't blame Obsidian for the KOTOR 1 problems.

Shame on LucasArts. Obsidian, I think, would have fixed this up and then released it later, when it was ready; I'd gladly take the wait for a terrific game without as many bugs. I'd wait until next Dec. for them to get it right...LA, on the other hand, wanted to get this out the door quickly and it shows...why else would they cut the development staff after the X-Box was released and before the PC Version was finished? Between the dropped balls [especially the non-announcement of 'going gold', the confusion with the fans as to the actual release date, and the website that was barely updated after it was released], it's a little hard to blame just Obsidian for this mess.

I hope that when I pick this game up that I'm wrong. AI bugs can be annoying and overcome, or they can absolutely wreck what should have been a great game, and that's what seems to have happened with KOTOR2. Shame on Lucas' Empire - first for bleeding fans like pigs [star Wars.com's Hyperspace], then for pushing bad product out the door and intending to 'fix it later' - whenever that is. That's just bad management.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

I'm pretty disappointed that reviewers and players are consistently reporting serious bugs in KOTOR and that these bugs have not been addressed or even talked about being addressed. :angry:

It doesn't help that Mr. Chris Avellone hasn't posted since mid December on these boards and other Obsidian/Lucas employees have also been absent or less than forthcoming. :)

You may be interested to know that SCRAPLAND also got a 4/5 review from the Gamespy and could be worth a play instead of KOTOR for those who are fed up with Obsidian/Lucas. :devil:"

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I'm pretty disappointed that reviewers and players are consistently reporting serious bugs in KOTOR and that these bugs have not been addressed or even talked about being addressed.  :angry:

It doesn't help that Mr. Chris Avellone hasn't posted since mid December on these boards and other Obsidian/Lucas employees have also been absent or less than forthcoming.  :p 

You may be interested to know that SCRAPLAND also got a 4/5 review from the Gamespy and could be worth a play instead of KOTOR for those who are fed up with Obsidian/Lucas.  :p"

I'm not going to badmouth Obsidian (especially on their forums :D) but I am kind of disappointed. I thought that the PC version would have recieved a bit more attention and the bugs would have been addressed and fixed. I really thought that Obsidian which is composed of some of the best in the world would deliver a better product. In the end ofcourse, it was LucasArts that rushed them into speeding up the KotOR 2 development time so Obsidian can't be blamed 100%. I would have thought atleast that the developers would have looked at the bugs and fixed the problems in the PC version. I'm not going to go that far and say FABLE is better than KotOR 2 because thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'll just say that I hope that Obsidian (if it develops K3) should spend more time debugging.

Hmm. Not the news I was hoping to hear, actually. Desperate as I am for a new game, I managed to hold off buying Bloodlines... and am glad that I did... and I suspect I'll hold off buying KoTOR II. Depending upon player comments in the first few weeks, I may not buy it at all.

Don't get me wrong, I thought KoTOR was brilliant... but I only played it once, and once was quite enough. It's not the kind of game that you can play over and over again, and frankly the Star Wars universe is not my favorite setting to begin with.

*sigh* I've got to get a new hobby. Really. I do.

Hmm.  Not the news I was hoping to hear, actually.  Desperate as I am for a new game, I managed to hold off buying Bloodlines... and am glad that I did... and I suspect I'll hold off buying KoTOR II.  Depending upon player comments in the first few weeks, I may not buy it at all. 

Don't get me wrong, I thought KoTOR was brilliant... but I only played it once, and once was quite enough.  It's not the kind of game that you can play over and over again, and frankly the Star Wars universe is not my favorite setting to begin with.

*sigh*  I've got to get a new hobby.  Really.  I do.

Few sequels ever surpass the original... If they eliminated the bugs, KotOR 2 would certainly have done that. I am not giving up hope though especially since the PC version can be patched and it could still be a prime GOTY candidate or atleast have an honourable mention.

I'm pretty disappointed that reviewers and players are consistently reporting serious bugs in KOTOR and that these bugs have not been addressed or even talked about being addressed.  :angry:

It doesn't help that Mr. Chris Avellone hasn't posted since mid December on these boards and other Obsidian/Lucas employees have also been absent or less than forthcoming.  :o 

You may be interested to know that SCRAPLAND also got a 4/5 review from the Gamespy and could be worth a play instead of KOTOR for those who are fed up with Obsidian/Lucas.  :)"

I'm not going to badmouth Obsidian (especially on their forums :D) but I am kind of disappointed. I thought that the PC version would have recieved a bit more attention and the bugs would have been addressed and fixed. I really thought that Obsidian which is composed of some of the best in the world would deliver a better product. In the end ofcourse, it was LucasArts that rushed them into speeding up the KotOR 2 development time so Obsidian can't be blamed 100%. I would have thought atleast that the developers would have looked at the bugs and fixed the problems in the PC version. I'm not going to go that far and say FABLE is better than KotOR 2 because thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'll just say that I hope that Obsidian (if it develops K3) should spend more time debugging.

i thought bloodlines was damn good. a few minor bugs, but nothing serious. people are way too concerned with bug IMO. a few glitches here and there are basically irrelevant. it's all about story and "playabillity". throw in some decent graphics and you've got yourself a good game...

I'd have to agree that Bloodlines was well worth the purchase. Quite frankly, the whole "full of bugs" was overly hype rather than reality. I never once encountered a bug during several playthroughs. That aside, I also think Troika's involvement answering concerns and their responsiveness on various boards helped a lot in handling the few major bugs that did exist.

That's why I'm more than a little disappointed to hear that Obsidian's reportedly done very little (if anything) with the PC version since December and apparently aren't accessible at all, which does give the impression that the PC version is little more than tablescraps.

If there's going to be a KOTR 3, I say give it to a team that cares about what they produce and their audience. Either give it back to Bioware, or maybe to Troika. Both have proven their ability to develop immersive RPGs and their commitment to the gaming community.

Bloodlines was alright but not really great imo. The storyline was just ok (That's of course because I expected Interview with the Vampire where the game delivers Blade) and the endings were pretty bad, better than K2's because they actually had endings but still pretty bad. I haven't had many real bugs in the game but the game lags something terrible no matter what kind of resolutions and how much I lower any graphical settings and my comp is well above the requirements.

Since I don't have a clue how much Obsidian is doing with the PC version or how much they aren't doing with it I'm just waiting to see the final result. To a point I almost am reconsidering whether to buy the game or not at this point. Maybe I'll buy it but not play it until the first patch is released but I just don't know anymore, for the moment I still have faith in Obsidian, we'll see how they end up doing things.

Many people had problems with the original KotOR I recall but I never had any other than 2 freezes in loading screens in the 3 full games I played. Oh and one bug where an npc zoomed off like at Force speed by themselves all over the screen. That I believe was fixed with the first patch. Other than that I had no problem with the game.

Well, I just need to get my words in here. I have this game on preorder, and I just wanna say this now because I won't be able to talk once Lucasarts has my money. If this game sucks due to bugs that they talk about in this review, I will never buy another Lucasarts game, much less Obsidian game. Lucasarts already completely burned me on Sam N Max 2, and I could care less about NWN 2 as I thought the first one had a terrible single player experience. This game better be at least as playable as KOTOR1, as I had no gamestopper bugs right out of the retail box.

"I'd have to agree that Bloodlines was well worth the purchase. Quite frankly, the whole "full of bugs" was overly hype rather than reality."

No. BL's bugs were very much reality. One of the buggiest games ever. Not a myth. Reality.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I'd have to agree that Bloodlines was well worth the purchase. Quite frankly, the whole "full of bugs" was overly hype rather than reality."

No. BL's bugs were very much reality. One of the buggiest games ever. Not a myth. Reality.

Here here to that. I'm amazed that I actually finished BL. There were so many broken areas and quests in the game, especially after It turned into that action fest about 3/4 through it. Not to mention I lost count of the times my guy got stuck in the environment (fell through floors, stuck in walls, etc) and had to reload the game.

bollocks. i didn't have a single problem with BL. deus ex 2 is way buggier...

because youre the be all and end all authority on whether a game is buggy or not huh? <_<

Self proclaimed authority...

i just dont get why people bother to state that a game was not buggy because they didnt experience any.

ive acknowledged that kotor2 has a vast amount of bugs even though i, personally, never ran in to any gamestoppers.

people just come off as sounding stupid when their only proof that a game isnt buggy and that countless number of people are wrong just because they didnt experience any bugs.

because youre the be all and end all authority on whether a game is buggy or not huh? <_<

no, but if it is the "buggiest game ever" i'd expect at least one serious bug or glitch...

If you think KotOR 2 for the X-BOX was buggy, you've obviously never played the turn based RTS Superpower. First of all, the game wouldn't even run on Windows 2000 (A Patch had to address that issue...). Second, the game would crash after about 50 turns. Third, you wouldn't even need to download a trainer because there are soo many things that you can exploit (e.g. devoting 100% of your money to everything... that works.... right....).

It was a game with a great layout and very sophisticated but obviously, there was no bug squashing. Even after 4 patches, it still has numerous bugs...

no, but if it is the "buggiest game ever" i'd expect at least one serious bug or glitch...

If you think KotOR 2 for the X-BOX was buggy, you've obviously never played the turn based RTS Superpower. First of all, the game wouldn't even run on Windows 2000 (A Patch had to address that issue...). Second, the game would crash after about 50 turns. Third, you wouldn't even need to download a trainer because there are soo many things that you can exploit (e.g. devoting 100% of your money to everything... that works.... right....).

It was a game with a great layout and very sophisticated but obviously, there was no bug squashing. Even after 4 patches, it still has numerous bugs...

huh? i thought we're discussing bloodlines here? which someone(don't remeber who) claimed to be the buggiest game ever. something i really can't fathm, seeing as i didn't encounter a single bug or glitch(at least that i noticed)...

edit:

got another tip for buggiest game ever. cycling manager 3. i think it needed something like 4-5 patches to work properly.

"bollocks. i didn't have a single problem with BL."

Pick Your Own Choice:

A. You are the luckiest person alive to have played BL.

or

B. You are the biggest liar ever.

You are the first person I have seen play Bl who didn't have at least one bug; if not many. Hmm..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"bollocks. i didn't have a single problem with BL."

Pick Your Own  Choice:

A. You are the luckiest person alive to have played BL.

or

B. You are the biggest liar ever.

You are the first person I have seen play Bl who didn't have at least one bug; if not many. Hmm..

i'll put it like this: i didn't notice a single glitch or bug. a friend of mine didn't have that many problems as well. the only glitch he noticed(albeit a big one!) was the boat crash. he had to use the console to get back to LA(from the crazy christians mansion).