Gamespy PC review

"Well done, what do want a medel or something?"

If it's made out of real gold; absolutely. :)

"We are not worthy to be on the same forum as some1 as smart as yourself!"

Yet, you still post here. o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm really curious if Obsidian actually reads our complaints. As far as I remember Akari said something about bug-fixing they were doing. So, why don't we see any results?

Probably not or at least they no longer give them much attention. I remember Akari mentioning that too, shortly after the release of the XBox version, but it's been two months and the game is as bad or worse than according to all the recent previews/reviews of the PC build, among the most worrisome to me:

Unfinished details in the models, broken side quests and dialogue trees, sterile aestethics (rooms without decor, simple and lacking any kind of environment). And of course the bug list is enormous.

If you recall when the XBox version was in development the devs came around all the time and constantly talked to us. Since the US XBox release however, they mostly packed up and left. Lucasarts has done nothing I'm aware of about the XBox bugs aside evade questions concerning them, and the PC version is merely an afterthought.

It feels like the devs don't even want to make the PC version, it's as if they are merely making it out of obligation instead of desire. I mean seriously, when the XBox version was in development the entire Obsidian team worked on it, once that was released they all left and haven't given the game a second thought, there's now like 5 devs on the PC version and none of them ever show up here that I know off. I expected this from Lucasarts, I've seen them handle games like this before, but I thought Obsidian was way different from what I saw in the days of the XBox development...now they're just gone. The PC version has just been pushed aside as a chore to complete, the concerns of all the PC players ignored ironically so the team can work on NWN 2 a PC title. They should have just finished the actual game before moving on to the next one, finish and release both versions of K2 then move on to whatever proyect you want.

More and more my hopes are dashed for a patch anytime soon. Man I hope I'm wrong and the devs restore my faith, I thought these guys were the genuine article, that they cared about their players but silence speaks a thousand words. God I'm depressed; buggy K2, no expansion pack ever to look forward to and probably a K3 years from now which will deteriorate the storyline over the fixation for better graphics and a new engine.

If you recall when the XBox version was in development the devs came around all the time and constantly talked to us. Since the US XBox release however, they mostly packed up and left. Lucasarts has done nothing I'm aware of about the XBox bugs aside evade questions concerning them, and the PC version is merely an afterthought.

It feels like the devs don't even want to make the PC version, it's as if they are merely making it out of obligation instead of desire. I mean seriously, when the XBox version was in development the entire Obsidian team worked on it, once that was released they all left and haven't given the game a second thought, there's now like 5 devs on the PC version and none of them ever show up here that I know off.

this might be due to funding. economically, it makes sense. lucasarts probably hasnt given them additional funding once lucasarts got what it wanted finished (the us xbox version), and thus little to no funding for finishing up work on the pc version.

in contrast, obsidian is probably being paid good coin by atari to be working steadily on nwn2, thus the logically thing to move the majority of the staff over to that project since its actually paying.

im not saying thats a good thing, or that im not upset about the poor review about bugs for the pc version, but that in an economic sense, thats probably the reason.

I'm sure you are right Neverwinter, that still does not explain or excuse the attitude the devs have taken or more accurately the lack of interest they have anymore in player's concerns. Particularly after seeing how bug infested the XBox version is, we all know that was a rush job by Lucasarts to have a game in the Christmas season.

But since the XBox release the devs just disappeared and rarely ever post anymore, especially when concerning the bug issue. I just expected a little more out of them I guess, I sincerely believed they cared about our feedback and concerns over the game. And while the XBox version was being made it seemed so, now it's just NWN 2 on their minds I guess, that's disappointing I think. I hope I'm wrong but the silence from the devs is deafning.

But since the XBox release the devs just disappeared and rarely ever post anymore, especially when concerning the bug issue.

i read somewhere (cant remember where) that sometimes a developer isnt allowed to discuss bug issues if the publisher doesnt want them to in fear of legal repercussions.

im not sure if thats the case here, where lucasarts wont legally allow obsidian to comment on the bugs. but some instances thats the case.

for now, im willing to give obsidian the benefit of the doubt and believe that that is indeed the case, rather than them just ignoring their fans.

Then I suppose all we can do is wait to see what actions Obsidian does in the long run and that will tell.

I just called my local Babbages (Gamestop for some) and they told me the game is scheduled to be released the 9th (Wednesday), kind off skeptical since there's still no gold announcement. I'll just have to see how buggy it is once I get it, then what kind of response time any kind of patch gets, though any patches will also probably have to get the go from Lucasarts and we can see how much they care so far. For the moment I'll just keep an eye on Obsidian and see what they do.

Edit: About the economical thing, while I can see your point on Lucasarts not paying them extra so they move their team to NWN 2, I hardly consider their work as finished when they release the XBox version. Or is it a consensus that the US XBox version was the entire point of making the game, while Internl and PC was just a bonus to do after the fact. Until the Intl and PC versions are released Obsidian's job is far from finished imo. They should have finished K2 first, then moved on to NWN 2, it's not like it isn't their obligation. The patch on the other hand I can understand not being handled by the entire team but two entire versions of the game, I don't think they are fulfilling their contract to deliver a game, much less the quality supposedly for what customers will pay for. It may be business but nowhere is it stated to tolerate bad business.

I completely agree with you, Muad'Dib. It's all about gaming industry and its politics. :/ All one has to care is to make money in a short period of time. Why polish a game, make it brilliant in every aspect, if just a good game (with bugs and glitches) that is a sequel od KotOR will be bought by almost the same number of players.

I'm really angry with (sorry, I from Poland and I've been learning English only for 6 years, so I don't know how to call it) this small :huh:;):huh: "note" on the box: "a highly anticipated sequel of the 2003 Game of the Year". So, they tend to base on KotOR's sucess instead of trying to create a game that will surpass or at least be as good as its predecessor. :/

From what I've heard about KotOR 2, the story is not what is bringing the game down, its the BUGS! KotOR 2 were it not for the bugs would be a better gaming experience than KotOR 1. I think that for KotOR 3 we should have a joint effort by Obsidian and another developer. This way we'll have a good story and it'll be free of bugs. Whether that is feasible or not... well... dont ask me.

It would've been better plot-wise than K1, if not for bugs. As is, it's embarrassing. I think, and maybe this is just me, that everyone should hold off buying the game until they release a patch. Why pay people money for an unfinished product? If they already have your money, why should they bother patching? Wait and see if they actually fix the many issues in the game, which, from the review, appears to be xbox issues + all-new PC issues.

Don't buy it till you get a patch. The game will be more fun to play through without bugs anyway.

It would've been better plot-wise than K1, if not for bugs.  As is, it's embarrassing.  I think, and maybe this is just me, that everyone should hold off buying the game until they release a patch.  Why pay people money for an unfinished product?  If they already have your money, why should they bother patching?  Wait and see if they actually fix the many issues in the game, which, from the review, appears to be xbox issues + all-new PC issues.

Don't buy it till you get a patch.  The game will be more fun to play through without bugs anyway.

Well, i am giving Obsidian the benefit of the doubt, if they **** me over, they can go **** themselves, because a Developer that thinks more about profit then their customers don't deserve our hard earned cash.

I have faith in them, since their other games have been pretty good....well mostly

hah, this review has completed the poisoning of the game for me, i for one shall not be buying tsl. im sad to say iv converted to.....FABLE. weeks ago i would of murdered anyone who had said that, but now having played it is obviously gunna be superior to rushed old kotor 2, however i eagerly await kotor3!

i bid thee farewell guys, has been nice being a part of this board and im sure il see round occasionally.....especially when i find out hu is developing 3

happy posting all :-

hah, this review has completed the poisoning of the game for me, i for one shall not be buying tsl. im sad to say iv converted to.....FABLE. weeks ago i would of murdered anyone who had said that, but now having played it is obviously gunna be superior to rushed old kotor 2, however i eagerly await kotor3!

i bid thee farewell guys, has been nice being a part of this board and im sure il see round occasionally.....especially when i find out hu is developing 3

happy posting all :-

fable?

bahahahahahahahaha!

oh you were serious. :huh:

haha, im sorry but this cracks me up.  some of the pc gamers kept saying "haha have fun with your buggy unfinished game you xboxers."

well, if LA didn't wanna get selfish and greedy you lot would have the game nice and polished.....but if the PC version is buggy as well, OBsidian AND Lucasarts can **** themselves cos i won't be buying any more products from them.

I pray they don't do a new Tie Fighter game because if Kotor II PC is too buggy, i won't be getting Tie Fighter. lol

im an xboxer

how do i get patches numbnuts (hehehe)

youre in a "pc review" thread where everyone is discussing the bugs in the PC VERSION.

the fact youre talking about your xbox version in this thread is completely invalid.

btw, even with the bugs in the xbox version, id still take kotor2 over fable any time. fable SUCKED. i dont care if it worked properly or had no bugs. it sucked. the characters sucked, the story sucked, and most of the promised features were absent.

in other words, id rather drive a ferrari that had didnt have a working stereo and that occassionally stalled in cold weather over a perfectly running chevette.