Gamespy PC review

I was impressed by this new screenshot!

I knew that a better resolution can expand the area you see and take the camera farther, but this is sth I didn't think even a PC could do. Impressive indeed. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I was blown away by the improvement! post-1139-1107601207.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Looks like my choice for my Consular/Jedi Master, thats who he looks like.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

What ever it is, it ain't KotOR 2.

I'm really curious if Obsidian actually reads our complaints. As far as I remember Akari said something about bug-fixing they were doing. So, why don't we see any results?

Eventhough the A.I. seems to be poor, there were no complaints about framerate or strange dialogue loops. Maybe those were fixed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm really curious if Obsidian actually reads our complaints. As far as I remember Akari said something about bug-fixing they were doing. So, why don't we see any results?

Well, probably because we don't have the game yet? And from what I read, the bugs the reviewer mentioned where not the same bugs of which I heard where in the X-box version. A PC comes with its own PC specific bugs. For all I know they could have fixed all the X-box bugs, and leave the PC bugs to a patch...

Anyway, the review was quite positve. The only rant the reviewer had where bugs, and thats what patches are for. I still can't wait to play the game.

Don't care, I am starved for a RPG, I will take anything half decent.

The game is better than half decent. A great game that could have been better with more bug squashing and AI tweaks.

Definitely worth playing :devil:

You said the storyline was one of the best ever, comparing it to System Shock 2. Care to mention any other games with excellent storylines? Just curious, in case that i've missed some.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Howecer, 4/5 is not a good score for KotOR II. It could be at least 4.5/5, like the XBox version. I can't deny that I will surely like the game for its great story, but I'm still disappointed that Obsidian still doesn't pay attention to players complaints... and if they had, KotoR II PC would have been an awesome game with only a few bugs. :]

Howecer, 4/5 is not a good score for KotOR II. It could be at least 4.5/5, like the XBox version. I can't deny that I will surely like the game for its great story, but I'm still disappointed that Obsidian still doesn't pay attention to players complaints... and if they had, KotoR II PC would have been an awesome game with only a few bugs. :]

dude, for gods sake the damn game ain't even out yet, so you don't know if there are any bugs....sheesh, wait for the game to be in your hands first.

dude, for gods sake the damn game ain't even out yet, so you don't know if there are any bugs....sheesh, wait for the game to be in your hands first.

As you can notice the title of this thread... it's all about the GameSpy review. I'm not saying the game is buggy, however, there were some annoying bugs mentioned in the review. I have high expectations about the game and Obsidian could have made KotOR II an outstanding title, but they didn't.

Well I'll probably buy it but not install it until the patch is realeased, as hard as that may be. But with the devs going to NWN 2 I doubt there may be a patch anytime soon...

Look it from the bright side, KotOR 1 was virtually unplayable on my PC until patch 1.02 was released (It fixed the issue with memory-leaks) :devil:

true, i had a lot of problems with the ai. my npc's were constantly blocking my path and a lot of times they didn't follow my revan. so sometimes i had to go look for them...

nothing too bad from the review; i will definately pick it up the day it is released...

I win.

I told you so.

You lose.

I warned people that the PC version would likely be buggier than the console version. People argued and said but they ahve ane xtra 3 months. Big deal. There are too many combinations that need to be tested for PC comapred to x-box; this should not be surprising.

The retarded AI which seems to have gotten worse from KOTOR1 is bad news. Combat, i think, is gonna be pretty bad.

That said, the game does look like it'll have a solid story, and role-playing so that's a makor plus.

It'll be a fun game. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I win.

I told you so.

You lose.

post-1139-1107619121.gif Well done, what do want a medel or something?

post-1139-1107619171.gif We are not worthy to be on the same forum as some1 as smart as yourself!