Gamespy PC review

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

theres some spoilers in that preview for those who havent played the game (ie. the part about kreia).

sounds like the reviewer enjoyed the story. i noticed the ai thing once or twice in my play throughs (on xbox though) where one companion would be two "screens" behind, and wouldnt join a battle for some reason.

sounds like either a patch or some talented modders will be needed to improve some of the shortcomings. <_<

Seems a fun game.

I'm really starting to gettin worried about the bugs now :devil:

If there are that many in the game I really hope that a patch will be released soon afterwards.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well I'll probably buy it but not install it until the patch is realeased, as hard as that may be. But with the devs going to NWN 2 I doubt there may be a patch anytime soon...

Look it from the bright side, KotOR 1 was virtually unplayable on my PC until patch 1.02 was released (It fixed the issue with memory-leaks) :devil:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't care, I am starved for a RPG, I will take anything half decent.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

The game is better than half decent. A great game that could have been better with more bug squashing and AI tweaks.

Definitely worth playing :devil:

did you play the xbox version?

im just curious how many of these bugs you saw in the pc version were the same as the xbox, or if they fixed all the xbox bugs, but somehow caused a bunch of pc version bugs to sprout.

I can't understand why the AI can't be fixed to have your other characters attack when enemy is around. Maybe some kind of statement consisting of if PC attacks, then enter attack mode. I don't know, I am going to school for computer science and I have not learned the half of it.

Also, why don't they have the "bumping" imported into the game. You know, Icewind Dale 1&2 and Baldurs Gate 2 had it, if you got stuck behind another party memeber and a piece of the level, you could move toward the party member and actually bump them out of the way. It worked pretty well when getting stuck. But again, that was the Infinity Engine, quite a bit different.

I just hate the idea of them taking more time to refine the bugs and the reviewers knocks them down on that for having some annoying bugs in the game. I am already hoping for a patch already.

For god sakes Obsidian! FIX THE DAMN AI! I hated KOTOR's!

Ruined the experience at integral points (*cough* starforge *cough*). And don't even get me started on the damn bugs! What have you guys been doing all this time!?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

For god sakes Obsidian! FIX THE DAMN AI! I hated KOTOR's!

Ruined the experience at integral points (*cough* starforge *cough*). And don't even get me started on the damn bugs! What have you guys been doing all this time!?

So... what have they been doing since December? Oh, I forgot. NWN2. :thumbsup:

<_<

manthing2.jpg

^ Well aware...keep forgetting that sarcasm isn't exactly conveyed too well through text...My bad

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm just looking at that review and its like 30% Summary, 60% bitching, and 10% praise, yet they give it a 4/5.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg