Yet more questions about the Handmaiden and Visas

Are you quite sick of hearing about those two yet?

1) What is the minimum amount of time, IYO, that I have to spend with handmaiden to keep her from going all psychotic on me when she Visas and she argue the first time. I know that if you completely ignore her, then she'll freak out on you after her and V's first argument, and then you've screwed the pooch as far as sparring her goes. But I don't really want more than the WIS bonus to AC (I know, I'm such a prick), because I want to explore all the pseudo-romance options with Visas.

2) On a similar note, is there even a point? I've beaten the game, and I've gotten the weird force-nookie with Visas, where she told me she loved me, even though she doesn't really know me, and loved me as soon as she knew I existed (which really sounds kinda psycho-stalker, but hey, I'm not making any better games, so who am I to complain, you know?) The question is this: have I seen everything? Is there other dialogue trees to go through, or all her conversations with the PC the same, no matter who you choose to have a quasi-relationship with?

It took a really long time to ask those two questions. I'll chalk it up to the coffee that I've been drinking. It's morning here in Okinawa, and I hate mornings. So I need lots of coffee...is it normal for the borders of the screen to be blurry? :D :blink:

2)  On a similar note, is there even a point?  I've beaten the game, and I've gotten the weird force-nookie with Visas, where she told me she loved me, even though she doesn't really know me, and loved me as soon as she knew I existed (which really sounds kinda psycho-stalker, but hey, I'm not making any better games, so who am I to complain, you know?)  The question is this:  have I seen everything?  Is there other dialogue trees to go through, or all her conversations with the PC the same, no matter who you choose to have a quasi-relationship with?

Have you gotten her to teach you force sight? if so then yeah you have seen more or less everything there is too see (atleast as far as I know of anyway).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I didn't talk to visas when she first joined the party so i could make sure handmaiden didn't get mad. When i finished with handmaiden and had turned her into a jedi, i then went and talked to visas and in one of my first conversations with her i managed to get force sight which as Stargate: 2000 said is pretty much the only thing worth talking to her about. As far as i know this is the only way to get everything offered by both handmaiden and visas. I haven't tried just gaining loads of influence with handmaiden first so i don't know if it would work.

1)  What is the minimum amount of time, IYO, that I have to spend with handmaiden to keep her from going all psychotic on me when she Visas and she argue the first time.  I know that if you completely ignore her, then she'll freak out on you after her and V's first argument, and then you've screwed the pooch as far as sparring her goes.  But I don't really want more than the WIS bonus to AC (I know, I'm such a prick), because I want to explore all the pseudo-romance options with Visas.

He's the reply from Big Chris himself :

Hi Chris, sorry to bother you, but I had a question pertaining to the romanctic expostion you get on the Ebon Hawk by Visas and Handmaiden.

On my first playthough,  I had the two fighting over my guy twice I think, followed by some 'interesting' advise from Mira to Handmaiden.

On my second playthough I didn't get any of this exposition at all.  Did I do something wrong or is there a certain method of triggering these sequences?

Thanks in advance for your time Chris.  :thumbsup:

Let's see... checking the design docs, the way it should work is:

1. Visas and Handmaiden *have* to have their first fight, which requires that Visas have a higher influence with the player (by 15 points) than the Handmaiden does.

2. Then that opens the door for the Mira and Handmaiden scene, so Mira has to be in the party.

Hope that helps,

Chris

:thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1)  What is the minimum amount of time, IYO, that I have to spend with handmaiden to keep her from going all psychotic on me when she Visas and she argue the first time.  I know that if you completely ignore her, then she'll freak out on you after her and V's first argument, and then you've screwed the pooch as far as sparring her goes.  But I don't really want more than the WIS bonus to AC (I know, I'm such a prick), because I want to explore all the pseudo-romance options with Visas.

He's the reply from Big Chris himself :

Hi Chris, sorry to bother you, but I had a question pertaining to the romanctic expostion you get on the Ebon Hawk by Visas and Handmaiden.

On my first playthough,  I had the two fighting over my guy twice I think, followed by some 'interesting' advise from Mira to Handmaiden.

On my second playthough I didn't get any of this exposition at all.  Did I do something wrong or is there a certain method of triggering these sequences?

Thanks in advance for your time Chris.  ;)

Let's see... checking the design docs, the way it should work is:

1. Visas and Handmaiden *have* to have their first fight, which requires that Visas have a higher influence with the player (by 15 points) than the Handmaiden does.

2. Then that opens the door for the Mira and Handmaiden scene, so Mira has to be in the party.

Hope that helps,

Chris

:thumbsup:

So, did I get it right that after Mira joins the Handmaiden will speak to me again if the got mad at me in the first place? i was really sad whaen she stopped talking to me, since I think sh'es a much more interesting characer than the Miraluka...