The time of reckoning!

Rosbjerg

totally disregarding the fact that these test are completly unreliable ..

It is time to show your worth! (all in good fun)

http://www.IQtest.dk (don't worry it's in English, Spanish and German as well)

let's see if you have the brain to back up your arguments!

good luck! :luck::lol:

Rosbjerg out ..

ps. This test is the one they use at Mensa.dk and is based on "Raven's advanced progressive matrices" or the RAPM test ..

Fortune favors the bald.

D'oh. A startling 110. . .right between normal and high, at least. >.< It's funny because on the one that I usually had to take (for getting into special classes and such) I'd score a 130-140. Arrgh. I hate patterns.

On that note, it's shockingly easy to get into MENSA, but it's basically a club for those who were rejected in highschool.

Fnord.

I got 133 at spread 15 .. just reaching Mensa level! wee! lol .. I think the US uses spread 24! which would give a you about 120 something if you get 110 on a spread 15 ..

I always find these tests rather amusing .. since they only show how logical you think! which is only a small part of your actual intelligence!

but they are great fun, since you really have to think in different and alternative patterns ..

post-5477-1107451949_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Gah. Stop being smarter than I am! :lol:

It's always irking when a person says "I scored 128 on my IQ test. . .What did you score?" because I've taken a lot of IQ tests and every one of them has been different. Some have been easy, some really horrible to do. IQ isn't a horribly good way to measure a person's smarts because:

1. Margin of error.

2. People can be considered smart in different ways.

3. Factors such as time, level of exhaustedness, if you've eaten or not. . .

Still, it's kinda amusing. Until someone comes up behind you and says "Guessssssss what! I scored X on my last IQ test! You only scored, oh, Y! Neener-neener-neener!"

Bleh. Thank god they don't give the official tests freely all the time. At least internet tests are different. More interesting.

Fnord.

"Factors such as time, level of exhaustedness, if you've eaten or not. . ."

Time is accounted for in this test .. and I have only slept 4 hours last night, and haven't eaten anything but a slice of bread since morning .. :lol:" :D

but yeah I never take them serious either.. they are good exercise however! and it's a great feeling to suddenly see the pattern which was hidden all along! :luck:

and you are right, logic is a small part of a persons 'smarts', looked on in a general light ..

I personally like Psychologist Howard Gardner's theory of 7 types of intelligence!

1. Linguistic

2. Logical-Mathematical

3. Bodily-Kinesthetic

4. Spatial

5. Musical

6. Interpersonal

7. Intrapersonal

Fortune favors the bald.

I scored 115, but I was getting tired of the stupid puzzle thingies and so the last 20 or so I just randomly clicked.  Therefore I proclaim myself genius with low attention span.

Yeah, at a point I had about 5 "H" in a row lined up.

Maybe you were just lucky, eh? :p

Fnord.

you got that because you scored the first half right, and then completed the test very fast .. Even if you are completly wrong from 20 and to the end you don't fall below 100 since most ordinary people won't be able to do them either! (100-110 = average)

Fortune favors the bald.

40 min to take a damn test? These things are supposed to be fun & relaxing...

a random speed clicking gave an astonishing 80, which proves my right index finger is a rather daft person...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

40 min to take a damn test? These things are supposed to be fun & relaxing...

most people will do it in 10-20 minutes I think .. and I found it both fun and relaxing! :lol:

a random speed clicking gave an astonishing 80, which proves my right index finger is a rather daft person...

lol ..

Fortune favors the bald.

160 at spread 24

I must be getting old :lol:

Thats an all time low...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Usually I score around 142-145

This one I got a 102.

Mostly because I skipped the last ones because I couldn't make any sense of them.

It just seemed like a bunch of random squggly lines then asked you which squiggly line came next. I was like "I have no idea!"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

::sigh:: Only 120...usually get up around 130 something on other tests :blink:

Wow though...look at alllll that red. :D

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Funny how you people score a fair amount above average, and still you are making up excuses like "normally I score higher but I was tired" or something similar... :blink:

If you really wanted to be serious about these tests, you should get the pen and paper versions, in a quiet room with nothing to distract you (for optimal performance). If taken online, for some of us during our lunch break at work with a sandwich in one hand and keyboard on the other hand, it's not "optimal" conditions when you try to focus on puzzles.

But then, that particular test is no way representative for your IQ anyway as it focuses on a select subset of things you would measure in a "real" test. It measures one aspect of your intelligence, by no means your intelligence. It's no more a serious IQ test than a game of say tetris or scrabble :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^ very true .. but it's still fun to stretch the mind a bit from time to time! :) and I like this particular one, as it allows everyone to participate, no matter what nationality! no text, just figures ..

but then it's hard to measure intelligence, as we don't even truly know what it completely is yet! or how we 'get' it ..

so even the 'paper ones' are still just the theoretical best shot at it ..

Fortune favors the bald.

^ very true .. but it's still fun to stretch the mind a bit from time to time! :)

but then it's hard to measure intelligence, as we don't even truely know what it completly is yet! or how we 'get' it ..

so even the 'paper ones' are still just the theoretical best shot at it ..

True. Some forms are pretty abstract. Try to "measure" social or musical intelligence in units :p

The online (which I like to think of as the "pattern recognition" one) is just an easy way to quantify things. How fast do you recognise the system behind what you see. Others are less easy (or impossible) to measure and people don't really agree anyway which aspects truly belong to intelligence. Not that people really agree on what intelligence either.

:)

Oh, and nice to see fellow Danes around here.

huh er du dansk?? :) I thought I was the only one here ..

no but since it's so hard to determine what really gives us these 'abilities' it's also hard to say what the exact nature of it is .. Logic seems to be the most easy to recognize and measure, so until we "find" the others, we will have to live with that as the measurement of intelligence ..

Fortune favors the bald.

huh er du dansk??  :)  I thought I was the only one here ..

no but since it's so hard to determine what really gives us these 'abilities' it's also hard to say what the exact nature of it is .. Logic seems to be the most easy to recognize and measure, so until we "find" the others, we will have to live with that as the measurement of intelligence ..

Vestjyde (gammel Esbjergenser), nu bosiddende paa den anden side af Jorden.

If you understand logic, you are going to use logic as one of the standards by which you evaluate other peoples performance. An empath might use peoples judgment of character skills as an evaluation tool. Few people would dispute that Mozart was a genius, yet in many ways not related to composition and interpretation he would be found lacking. Meh, people have been thinking about (and disagreeing about) this for centuries and probably will for a few centuries still :p