Waste of my money.

If you guys hate me because I posted this topic I want to say this. When I say I wasted my money on this game i'm mad because of all the bugs it has. In my own defense.

Nope dont hate you, just all the gliches I found were infinit influence, experience, money and stuff like that I could or could not take advantage of. I guess there might be gamestoppers or something really buggy about it but I have been playing it since release and haven't seen them. What kind of big gamestoppers have you had?

The games good in general its just all the bugs other than that it's a awesome game.

So we just went from a waste of money to potentially awsome. ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If you guys hate me because I posted this topic I want to say this. When I say I wasted my money on this game i'm mad because of all the bugs it has. In my own defense.

i dont "hate" anyone i encounter on the internet. i just disagree with your post.

heh, I feel KotOR2 was one of the few games in last few years that was worth the money I spent on it ;)

Excellent game, very few bugs (that I encountered), played it 8 times now and going for 9th :)

My only real complaint was the ending but thats hardly serious enough to hate a game for it :)

Tried Republic Commando demo, one of the worst FPS Ive ever seen, no interest what so ever in it.

I have no interest in Republic Commando whatsoever. I'm not a big fan of FPSs. That's why I didn't go ga-ga over the Halo games like everyone else did. I am, however, a huge fan for RPGs.

And that's why I had a few problems with this game - until I played it DS that is. The game just didn't seem to live up to the scope and depth of the first game.

But you know what? I'm starting to believe that had i never played K1 and only played K2, I'd probably be raving about this game, being kinda new to the whole RPG thing. I would have nothing to compare it to.

For me, K1 was my first experience with RPGs. Now, every single RPG I ever play again will undoubtedly be compared to that. Kind of s****y, but that's what happens when you deliver such an awesome game as K1 was.

Who's talking about hate?  Not me.  I just feel that, in spite of the bugs and the rushed ending, this is a superb game, one that was both fun and provided food for thought.  As such, I believe that my money was well-spent.

My words exactly. The only really serious glitch I ran into was the T3-black screen glitch. That was easily remedied by playing off the disc instead of the hdd (I found a fix so I'm back to the hdd :D ). Bugs aren't that serious anyway...nothing the PC version shouldn't take care of, namely the slowdown.

I've ran into a couple of "bad glitches", maybe the most annoying one being that the game really likes to freeze up when two people use force jump, but that has little to do with what is just poop about this game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

But you know what?  I'm starting to believe that had i never played K1 and only played K2, I'd probably be raving about this game, being kinda new to the whole RPG thing.  I would have nothing to compare it to.

For me, K1 was my first experience with RPGs.  Now, every single RPG I ever play again will undoubtedly be compared to that.  Kind of s****y, but that's what happens when you deliver such an awesome game as K1 was.

LOL, thats "kinda " the position im in Jebus ;)

Im a OLD OLD OLD school RPG player (dating way way back to the initial release of computers).

Back then, as graphics were stick men (and later EGA), Computer RPGs were forced to have storylines that were intensive as they couldnt WOW the players with top of the line graphics and such.

So for the last decade or so I been really disappointed in cRPGs as they relied way to much on graphics engines/multiplayer ability and such rather then indepth, well written storylines.

The KotOR franchise really is a step backwards into those style of games where the content is more important then the bells and whistles.

Prior to KotOR1 the best RPGs I had played would be the old SSI Gold Box games (or Wizardry, Might and Magic). Players today probably couldnt even finish one of those games as they were EGA graphics and no where even close to todays minimum standard for graphics and such but their storylines were awsome and well written.

heh, took 10+ years but finally there is 2 games that live up to the standards of days gone by now :)

Totally agree with yas about Halo. It also kinda proves my point as well about todays gamers. I played the first 3 sections of Halo before stopping from shear bordom. In Halo, the storyline does NOTHING for the game, its totally and completely optional as you literally have to go from point A to Point B to point C. You dont have to make and choices. Heck you dont even have to read the storyline as you can NOT swerve away from the path set out for you. Storyline is just there as a back drop for you, nothing else.

As I said, I did the first 3 stages (just because Halo came with XBox when I purchased it and was bored with no games to play) and was just bored. Other then the sniper rifle (which I loved and would like to see in other games to be honest) the game was all about the bells and whistles. All flash and bang, no meat to it tho. I dont understand the appeal of the game either to be honest. Still tho, Halo is like the best game ever created compared to Republic Commando.

Its wierd tho, after reading most of the complaints of these boards regarding KotOR2 (and 1 really which also got a fair share of complaints if you being honest, most folks just have selective memories) it seems to me that todays gamers are programmed to not think during games anymore. Most complaints (and this is STRICTLY personal opinion, not fact) seem to stem from 1) I had to make my own choice rather then be told exactly what to do 2) I couldnt kill everyone in my way and not be punished, and 3) I ran into trouble when using exploints and altering my game.

As I siad, just my opinion in general but most bug complaints Ive read stem from those areas or something similar. I played KotOR1 and 2 legitly from disk, didnt mod my box or use any exploits and only ran into 2 or 3 bugs the entire game in 8 play throughs. As a long time MMORPG player, 2 or 3 bugs makes a game almost perfect in todays world of computer games standards.

I loved K2 so no waste of money for me. I have played through it 3 times and any game that you play more than once is worth the money in my book.

I actually went back to play K1 (only finished Taris and Dantooine) to see the difference and to tell you the truth K1 looked kinda bland now compared to K2! Only thing I realized is K1 was a lot harder! Especially at beginning if you play a character with low str/dex. Although K2 has its problems with bugs, a feeling of being rushed, being way to easy and the end game being not so good, it is still one of the best games I have played :p

I loved K2 so no waste of money for me. I have played through it 3 times and any game that you play more than once is worth the money in my book.

I actually went back to play K1 (only finished Taris and Dantooine) to see the difference and to tell you the truth K1 looked kinda bland now compared to K2! Only thing I realized is K1 was a lot harder! Especially at beginning if you play a character with low str/dex. Although K2 has its problems with bugs, a feeling of being rushed, being way to easy and the end game being not so good, it is still one of the best games I have played  :p

/Agrees. Theres way more depth in TSL then in the 1st. Sure thers no big surprise and there are a few bugs. But thats inevitable. There will always be bugs in games. All in all great game. Way to go Obsidian :)

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Does anyone else besides me think that the Sith Lords was a waste of money? I personaly am looking forward to Republic Commando.

If you don't like KotOR II, then spend your money on some other good RPG: Bloodlines (wait, that one is buggy aswell, meh :p ) Maybe Jade Empire when it arrives on the 14th of April.

If you insist on the FPS department, i suggest to focus on Pariah instead. Or Advent Rising, check one of their videos here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've had my Xbox since they first came out. Since then, I've accumulated a total of 10 games. the first four, where of questionable quality and were given to me with my xbox. Since then, I've bought Rainbow 6 3, Ghost Recon, Halo, Halo 2, Kotor, and Kotor 2. When games cost a spendy $50, there are a LOT of games that aren't worth it. *thinks wistfully back to when $20-30 bought great games like Tie-Fighter*. Out of my collection, the kotor series has proved it's worth over and over again, definately worth the dough spent on them. :thumbsup: