release date unrealistic?

A Gamespy lead article today talked about playing a "98% build" of K2. It looks like there's no way it could get finished, even slightly tested, and manufactured in a month. So here's to March at the earliest, ya'll! I wasn't going to play it 'til Spring Break anyway, but I was hoping it would be cheaper and well-patched by then. Oh Well.

BTW, I know tech support isn't the right place to post this, but we seem to have lost the rest of the PC forum.

A Gamespy lead article today talked about playing a "98% build" of K2.  It looks like there's no way it could get finished, even slightly tested, and manufactured in a month.  So here's to March at the earliest, ya'll!  I wasn't going to play it 'til Spring Break anyway, but I was hoping it would be cheaper and well-patched by then.  Oh Well.

BTW, I know tech support isn't the right place to post this, but we seem to have lost the rest of the PC forum.

Have a look at this comment posted by the Gamespy editor who wrote that preview:

Thread in General Discussion Forum

In particular, at the end he says that he has received a copy of the final version of the game. So, it looks like they'll make the release date. Now, whether the bugs found in the 98% build have all been fixed in another question...

well, it is technically 5 days or so until US release and 10 days or so until UK release, so you never know.

For ppl who live in canada and have future shop stores ie toronto, go to the link:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/dept.asp?...6+Toys&catid=15

It tells us when the game will be out in that store ie Feb 08, 05

I cant wait :D (w00t) :):p

It just made no sense to me that Obsidian or LA wouldn't give the reviewer the most recent build. It certainly seems like giving a reviewer an old build is unlikely to lead to the best possible review.

A Gamespy lead article today talked about playing a "98% build" of K2.  It looks like there's no way it could get finished, even slightly tested, and manufactured in a month.  So here's to March at the earliest, ya'll!  I wasn't going to play it 'til Spring Break anyway, but I was hoping it would be cheaper and well-patched by then.  Oh Well.

I respect the fact that you speak for the trees, but it's pretty much a moot point. They were unconcerned with bugs for the xbox release date, I see no reason why they would move the PC deadline if there are some bugs. It's a better situation for the PC anyway, they can just patch it later...

I respect the fact that you speak for the trees, but it's pretty much a moot point. They were unconcerned with bugs for the xbox release date, I see no reason why they would move the PC deadline if there are some bugs. It's a better situation for the PC anyway, they can just patch it later...

But just look at all the helpful advice about working around bugs the Xboxers have gotten from both LA and Obsidian, so who says there is even going to be bug fixes for the PC... well offical ones anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Enough Talk about Delays. All the internet adds say Feb 8, 2005, so guess when it will be coming out? I dont think they would advertise it for a certain date and then change it.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Well personaly I don't mind to wait a few more days. What REALY pissed me off was the fact that U.S. Xboxer's had the game from December, while the rest of the world had to wait for February 5-8 and in my case (I am Greek),I have to wait until the 11th of this Bloody month. I am just too anxious for my own good I suppose. :lol::blink::blink::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Enough Talk about Delays.  All the internet adds say Feb 8, 2005, so guess when it will be coming out?  I dont think they would advertise it for a certain date and then change it.

you dont know the power of darth gallo do you? only now do you understand!

I will learn his power only if he announces one day before the release that the game is gonna be delayed... :lol:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

[Force persuade] The game will be released on time! [Force persuade]

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

[Force persuade] The game will be released on time! [Force persuade]

You didn't wrote the command right.

[Force Persudae]Release the game on time...[/Force Persuade]

also it is sometimes helpful to have the lightsaber on hand.... :cool:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

That was a suggestion to those that don't think it will be released on time, not LA.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!