Me thinks they protest to much.

It seems to me that all of the posts I have read on the subject of K3 ( The rumors concerning the possibility of if it will come out ever? Who is making it? Blah Blah Blah :( May be closer to the mark than LA,Obsidian,Bio ware want us to know. If you notice on a lot of those posts a moderator will pop in and say something about dirty foul rumors or so on :) Well if you look at most of the factors it seems logical that there will be a 3 and 4 and 5 or so on as long as the franchise is a sucess keep cashing in on it.

It's not that the mods or anyone else is trying to hide anything, it's that they (along with me, who I might add, is quite tired of these K3 threads), are just trying their best to quash rumors.

I just need to say this: I'm tired of all the K3 crap. I seriously propose moving anything about k3 to the RPG fora. I for one would like to discuss K2. That game has only been out for a little over a month and the PC and international version hasn't even been released yet.

So, THAT'S why it's totally and completely ridiculous to be talking about K3. I mean, there's people on these boards that haven't even played K2 yet.

For God's sake, let's wait a few months before we start the rampant speculation about K3.

Oh, wait. Too, late.

Don't allow your weight to hold you back :(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's not that the mods or anyone else is trying to hide anything, it's that they (along with me, who I might add, is quite tired of these K3 threads), are just trying their best to quash rumors.

I just need to say this:  I'm tired of all the K3 crap.  I seriously propose moving anything about k3 to the RPG fora.  I for one would like to discuss K2.  That game has only been out for a little over a month and the PC and international version hasn't even been released yet.

So, THAT'S why it's totally and completely ridiculous to be talking about K3.  I mean, there's people on these boards that haven't even played K2 yet.

For God's sake, let's wait a few months before we start the rampant speculation about K3.

Oh, wait.  Too, late.

I get what you are saying but alot but this installment lacks substance. I have had fun with it but I am pretty close to the point of doing all that I can with the game and like you said it has not been out that long.

It is fun to disscuss the possible sequals and I think alot of us enjoy the speculation of it.

gamers are like junkies, they become addicted to the product and then over-indulge to the point where the "high" is no longer what it used to be. Then they vainly whine for that perfect fix, the game that will make them feel the way BG did, Planescape did, Fallout did, or KOTOR did. Relax, such things are like revelations, they come unexpectedly -not on demand.

I have not yet played KOTOR2 and I find it hard to appreciate the complaints of people that have finished the Xbox version several times already.

I have not yet played KOTOR2 and I find it hard to appreciate the complaints of people that have finished the Xbox version several times already.

Hear, hear! Almost every single rewiew I've read has praised this game, so It really can't be that bad, right? I too think that this is whine over minimal value stuff.

Hear, hear! Almost every single rewiew I've read has praised this game, so It really can't be that bad, right? I too think that this is whine over minimal value stuff.

It's kinda funny, people complaining about a game they've "finished ... several times already." "I hated this game so much as a DS male consular I'm going to play as a LS female guardian to see if it sucks worse that way." Ba hahaha ha ha!

I can sympathize with K3 speculation and have done some of it myself. K2 leaves so many plotlines unfinished it's obvious the designers intended or hoped for a K3 to wrap up the trilogy, so it's inevitable for players to speculate on where the story is going.

Most of the K3 threads are cearly labeled as such. Skip 'em if they don't interest you.

i wish the mods would just delete any topics that relate to k3 at all and ban anyone who encourages these stupid rumours.....and jinrai most reviews are untrustworthy...even if the reviewers think its a crap game but is thought to be great by ignorant gamers then they will say its a wonderful game....take halo for example..it sucked bad but everyone says its great and once everyone says its great other stupid people will go an waste their money on it and not wanting to look stupid they say its great.

I completed KOTOR2 twice now (enjoyed both plays immensely!), and am barely holding myself back from playing a 3rd time....but figured I had so many other RPGs in the queue, I could come back to it later on.

It still lingers in my thoughts, however. :blink:

1. look at all the threads on the board, it is STAGNANT i dont care what people talks about as long as it bears relevance to the star wars franchise (and kotor, even if indirectly) so long as they make for interesting discussions

2. if you want all stuff relating to k3 deleted dont bother posting again in this topic because its kind of hypocritical

3. i feel much better

4. yay republic commando looks great

It seems to me that all of the posts I have read on the subject of K3 ( The rumors concerning the possibility of if it will come out ever? Who is making it? Blah Blah Blah ;)  May be closer to the mark than LA,Obsidian,Bio ware want us to know. If you notice on a lot of those posts a moderator will pop in and say something about dirty foul rumors or so on  :)  Well if you look at most of the factors it seems logical that there will be a 3 and 4 and 5 or so on as long as the franchise is a sucess keep cashing in on it.

Welp LordRevan (nice original name), Im not a moderator (heheh trust me on that, you would see bannings if I was).

But protest to much? come on.

First off the speculation threads are fine but get so outta control on speculation its silly.

2) We dont need 50 different threads all saying the same thing

3) OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A KotOR3. Havent seen a single person argue that.

4) What myself and others trying to get through peoples heads is when it is started LAs web site will announce it. Not Joes-im-a-star-wars-nerd.com Fan Site. Fan sites are created to make money. By creating FALSE stories that encourage debate they increase their potential to make money by increasing traffic. Its simple economics and dirty bussiness practices.

5) Lastly, for crying out loud people, KotOR2 isnt even released yet on PC and Euro Xbox. If Lucas is going to make ANY choices regarding the franchise it will be AFTER hes recieved Profit numbers from the world wide releases. Not before. Even those designers that were layed off a month or so ago were NOT making the whole game but working on the engine and such (things that could be used in more then just KotOR3 if so needed). IE Generic programs not related by anything other then name to KotOR3.

So in closing, I dont think people protest to much, I think you read into things far to much. It strikes me as strange tho, why are you micro managings realistic complaints but not obviously false FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS! Thats what strikes me as very odd to be honest.

If a lot of you are so damb sick of reading posts about our collective theories on KOTOR 3 then why in the HELL are you bothering to read the posts? They have all be clearly stated in the title line or atleast aluded to (which can be confirmed by simply reading the first line or two) So why bother even going into these threads to begin with if all your going to do once inside them is b!tch about how much you hate threads on KOTOR 3? I mean come one I know I can't swin so I generally stay the hell out of the water so please use some common sense and avoid the threads you don't like rather than purely spamming them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

First off the speculation threads are fine but get so outta control on speculation its silly. We dont need 50 different threads all saying the same thing -

That would have been fixed if the first thread dealing with this most recent info was left open rather than jsut being lock... I kinda forcasted this in my question to Phospher about why he closed that thread to begin with.

3) OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A KotOR3. Havent seen a single person argue that. Yes but really what/who does it hurt to talk about what might be in KOTOR3? I mean its not like were talking about human sacrafices or something.

4) What myself and others trying to get through peoples heads is when it is started LAs web site will announce it. Not Joes-im-a-star-wars-nerd.com Fan Site. Fan sites are created to make money. By creating FALSE stories that encourage debate they increase their potential to make money by increasing traffic. Its simple economics and dirty bussiness practices.

Your right but even still as someone else pointed out KOTOR 2 was rejected as pure fantasy for quite a while before it was officaly announced. So even though no one "OFFICAL" (god I hate that damb word) has come forward to say "Gee Joe-im-a-star-wars-nerd, yes we are making another KOTOR" it would kinda go without saying that if nothing else than it would be in the planning stage right now. Because it make good business sense to produce something while there are still people out there who want it to come out before they move onto another Item and forget about the one you are trying to force down their throught.

5) Lastly, for crying out loud people, KotOR2 isnt even released yet on PC and Euro Xbox. If Lucas is going to make ANY choices regarding the franchise it will be AFTER hes recieved Profit numbers from the world wide releases. Not before. Even those designers that were layed off a month or so ago were NOT making the whole game but working on the engine and such (things that could be used in more then just KotOR3 if so needed). IE Generic programs not related by anything other then name to KotOR3.

Do you have ANY "OFFICAL" proof of them actually being laid off other than some wide eyed nerd online saying it. I would like to see an "OFFICAL" internal memo saying that the designers working on the planning of KOTOR 3 were infact to be layed off. Because how can you really argue that one thing printed on the internet is in fact the holly grail of truth, while something posted on the VERY same sight is False and nothing but dirty bussiness practices? And before you decide to say well the devs/mods are saying the game isn't in production so it must not be in production... well the thing is if you were GL would you hand over a prize title like KOTOR to someone who is getting bad press right now over the fact that the first game this company designed is full of bugs (even though LA is mostly to blame for that!). Not too mention the bad press they are getting about the ending of the game (once agian more than likely LA's fault for rushing them).

So in closing, I dont think people protest to much, I think you read into things far to much. It strikes me as strange tho, why are you micro managings realistic complaints but not obviously false FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS! Thats what strikes me as very odd to be honest.

How do you know they are fake? Some "OFFICAL" proof would be nice.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

If a lot of you are so damb sick of reading posts about our collective theories on KOTOR 3 then why in the HELL are you bothering to read the posts? They have all be clearly stated in the title line or atleast aluded to (which can be confirmed by simply reading the first line or two) So why bother even going into these threads to begin with if all your going to do once inside them is b!tch about how much you hate threads on KOTOR 3? I mean come one I know I can't swin so I generally stay the hell out of the water so please use some common sense and avoid the threads you don't like rather than purely spamming them.

because this isnt a kotor3 forum? all the actual kotor2 discussion threads get bumped from the first page due to a bunch of kotor3 threads.

its getting annoying because of how repetitive they are. is it that tough to post in ONE kotor3 thread instead of everyone making their own, even though theyre basically the same subject matter?

if kotor3 threads being spammed in the forum is going to be "ok", then why not just turn this in to a free-for-all and post any topic we please even though it has NOTHING to do with kotor2: tsl discussion.

because this isnt a kotor3 forum?  all the actual kotor2 discussion threads get bumped from the first page due to a bunch of kotor3 threads.

its getting annoying because of how repetitive they are.  is it that tough to post in ONE kotor3 thread instead of everyone making their own, even though theyre basically the same subject matter?

if kotor3 threads being spammed in the forum is going to be "ok", then why not just turn this in to a free-for-all and post any topic we please even though it has NOTHING to do with kotor2: tsl discussion.

Your right it wouldn't have been that hard and infact that was exactly what was happening until that thread was locked (because six posts went off topic) <_< . So now because it was locked we are forced to endure MANY threads on the same subject. Oh and should they be locked/delted then I am willing to bet that many more will result from that action as well.

Also in reality there have only been four or five threads on KOTOR 3 since this info was released a week or so ago.

AscendedPaladin.png

It seems to me that all of the posts I have read on the subject of K3 ( The rumors concerning the possibility of if it will come out ever? Who is making it? Blah Blah Blah :thumbsup:  May be closer to the mark than LA,Obsidian,Bio ware want us to know. If you notice on a lot of those posts a moderator will pop in and say something about dirty foul rumors or so on  :wub:  Well if you look at most of the factors it seems logical that there will be a 3 and 4 and 5 or so on as long as the franchise is a sucess keep cashing in on it.

Welp LordRevan (nice original name), Im not a moderator (heheh trust me on that, you would see bannings if I was).

First off the speculation threads are fine but get so outta control on speculation its silly.

2) We dont need 50 different threads all saying the same thing

3) OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A KotOR3. Havent seen a single person argue that.

Learn to read it is not revan it is raven as in the baltimore ravens only the best NFL team ever. Look at my profile. Real big it says Baltimore MD. Home of the ravens. I also am not micro managing anything. I am just giving my thoughts on what appears to be a subject that rubs a bunch of gamers the wrong way. You have to much emotionally invested in this and I feel very sorry for you. It is a conversation about something that in the grand scheme of things means nothing. It is something that I like to do. The Ravens are a great example they did not make the playoffs this year and everyone is already talking about next season. Get over it. It is not that big of a deal and in the end noone really cares.

and jinrai most reviews are untrustworthy...even if the reviewers think its a crap game but is thought to be great by ignorant gamers then they will say its a wonderful game....take halo for example..it sucked bad but everyone says its great and once everyone says its great other stupid people will go an waste their money on it and not wanting to look stupid they say its great.

Your example is BAD. IF you're talking about the FIRST Halo, you are terribly on the wrong tracks. The original was a great game, I've finished it so many times that I lost count a couple of years ago. It is the best console FPS to date and will continue to be one, it seems. Unless you're talking about the SEQUEL, then you are right, the sequel is overly hyped, overrated game. Doesn't come close to the full marks that it's been given in many places.

Still, I'd say that the rewiews in overall are fairly objective, you just need to know which to read. Of course some official xbox mag will overrate the games, because they're told to, allthough they clame this isn't true.

Official news regarding Lay Offs?

Sure, it was posted on the LA website awhile ago regarding the lay offs. (lay offs not really current news even though the fan sites rehashing it as it was).

Is that official enough?

Just go there and read through the old announcements until you find it.

I can't seem to find it, if you can provide a link I would appreciate it, thanks then maybe we can put this subject to rest for the time being.

AscendedPaladin.png