I'm in gaming bliss!

Azure79

I've been living in Korea for the last 10 years, and while there is a huge gaming scene there it's mostly centered on RTS(Starcraft! Warcraft) and MMORPGs like Lineage, World of Warcraft(still beta in Korea I hear) and Diablo. I know Diablo isn't a MMORPG, but it was huge in Korea. Then you have the FPS games that sometimes make it into the market.

Part of this reason is because Koreans are insanely competitive and love to pummel their opponents to the ground. Whether it be with swarms of units destroying everything in their path, showing of the latest shiny item in a MMORPG, or just simply gunning someone down.

Not that I'm complaining, I've played and enjoyed many those games, but my true gaming passion has always been in the single player RPG ever since Baldur's Gate. Amazingly this game was actually released in Korea and sold well, or at least I think it did since they also released BG2 and most of the Infinity Engine games.

But most of the other single player RPGs passed me by. Games that I had only read about on the Internet. Arx Fatalis, Gothic series, Divine Divinity series, Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, Anachronox and Morrowind are just some of the games I wanted to play but weren't released in Korea. Actually come to think of it NWN and Dungeon Siege were released but it was all in Korean, which kept me from purchasing the games. Korean just sounds awkward in a Western based fantasy game. I was only able to play KotOR because a couple of SW fans and I decided to purchase the game internationally, to save on shipping. I don't know who makes the decision on what games to import to Korea because gems like KotOR never get released but instead they release Lionheart...which was fun, but not half as fun as KotOR.

So now I find myself living in the States. I was browsing through Amazon when the realization suddenly struck me. Hey! I can buy those games I really wanted to play way back when. And they're so cheap! And I don't have to wait for frikken forever for them to cross the goddamn Pacific Ocean. And woohoo! low shipping costs!

So before I go on a game buying spree, I'd like to ask the members on this forum to recommend some trusty internet sellers. Of course I'll be looking around on my own, but I thought it would be prudent to draw upon the advice given here.

I feel so happy! I can't wait for my work to be finished so I can embark on a gaming spree for a couple of days! :D

I've been living in Korea for the last 10 years, and while there is a huge gaming scene there it's mostly centered on RTS(Starcraft! Warcraft) and MMORPGs like Lineage, World of Warcraft(still beta in Korea I hear) and Diablo. I know Diablo isn't a MMORPG, but it was huge in Korea. Then you have the FPS games that sometimes make it into the market.

Part of this reason is because Koreans are insanely competitive and love to  pummel their opponents to the ground. Whether it be with swarms of units destroying everything in their path, showing of the latest shiny item in a MMORPG, or just simply gunning someone down.

Not that I'm complaining, I've played and enjoyed many those games, but my true gaming passion has always been in the single player RPG ever since Baldur's Gate. Amazingly this game was actually released in Korea and sold well, or at least I think it did since they also released BG2 and most of the Infinity Engine games.

But most of the other single player RPGs passed me by. Games that I had only read about on the Internet. Arx Fatalis, Gothic series, Divine Divinity series, Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, Anachronox and Morrowind are just some of the games I wanted to play but weren't released in Korea. Actually come to think of it NWN and Dungeon Siege were released but it was all in Korean, which kept me from purchasing the games. Korean just sounds awkward in a Western based fantasy game. I was only able to play KotOR because a couple of SW fans and I decided to purchase the game internationally, to save on shipping. I don't know who makes the decision on what games to import to Korea because gems like KotOR never get released but instead they release Lionheart...which was fun, but not half as fun as KotOR.

So now I find myself living in the States. I was browsing through Amazon when the realization suddenly struck me. Hey! I can buy those games I really wanted to play way back when. And they're so cheap! And I don't have to wait for frikken forever for them to cross the goddamn Pacific Ocean. And woohoo! low shipping costs!

So before I go on a game buying spree, I'd like to ask the members on this forum to recommend some trusty internet sellers. Of course I'll be looking around on my own, but I thought it would be prudent to draw upon the advice given here.

I feel so happy! I can't wait for my work to be finished so I can embark on a gaming spree for a couple of days! :D

When I buy online, I usually buy on Amazon because what I lose in prices, I usually save on with the Super Saver Shipping they offer. :)

I found a site that had cheap games and such, and even offered PS:T and the Fallout 1/2 dual jewel, but I can't remember what it was.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I found a site that had cheap games and such, and even offered PS:T and the Fallout 1/2 dual jewel, but I can't remember what it was.

I must have that site!

<edit> Nevermind, I just looked at Amazon.com and they have multiple copies of Planescape: Torment new for under $4. :) I'll be buying tomorrow! </edit>

<editx2> The same seller is selling the Fallout bundle for $3.35, they've got good feedback too, now I don't need the pirated copies! </editx2>

Thanks for the answers guys.

I've already played Torment and the Fallout series. They were released in Korea. I guess during that early period of the RPG renaissance they were releasing those games en masse. How they expected Koreans to play through untranslated games like Fallout and Torment is beyond me. I was actually part of a team of translators trying to translate BG from English to Korean. We partly succeeded.

Anyways I found Fallout and Torment in the bargain bins a few weeks later after their release in Korea. I was saddened because people would miss out on some great games. Also having paid full price for the games didn't help matters, but it was worth it I suppose

I'm pretty familiar with past great games since I've been reading all the gaming sites while I was in Korea. What I really need is some info on reliable internet vendors.

I've been at Amazon and they seem to have some great prices there.

I've bought from them before via their Amazon storefront, I liked the little pen they sent me with my game, it was nifty.

I just got Torment and the Fallout Double Pack from Amazon for $13.37 (s&h included). (w00t)

I've bought from them before via their Amazon storefront, I liked the little pen they sent me with my game, it was nifty.

I just got Torment and the Fallout Double Pack from Amazon for $13.37 (s&h included). (w00t)

Nice. Go Gamer looks pretty good. I signed up for it.