IWD2 isn't that bad...

ramza

Sarcasm... not appreciated...

Transformers?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Never played IWD, but I did enjoy IWD2, at least as far as I got with it.

Really like the starting town, the ghost in the inn, the woman with all the cats, the guards you can inspire and cast bless on - that kind of thing.

The battles did have something of an 'epic' feel which made is feel a bit more like a PnP game - (In fact I think, I liked it because it had a real PnP feel).

I always thought JE Sawyer was being a bit harsh on himself when he just said it was a bad game.

It was 10x better than ToEE, in terms of content at least, I think that they managed to achieve a goodish game in a shortish time frame.

Transformers?

You get half a cookie. You'll get the other half for naming the episode. :D

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Really, Roshan.

I thought the Fellwood was kinda innovative and fun.

I liked Dragon's Eye too.

Maybe I'm too easy to please.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Transformers?

You get half a cookie. You'll get the other half for naming the episode. :D

Um...The God Gambit?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I thought the Fellwood was kinda innovative and fun.

I liked Dragon's Eye too.

Maybe I'm too easy to please.

I prefer to think of it as "liking a little variety in gameplay" instead of "easy to please". :thumbsup:

Fell Wood and Dragon's Eye were almost throwbacks to a style of gaming that was more prevalent in the early 90's cRPGs, I thought. It actually had a real maze, where you needed to remember directions if you wanted to "brute force" your way through the thing (or write it down if you wree too lazy to try and remember how you got to that point). Didn't have the option of opening up the automap back then because for the most part, they didn't exist; same thing for Fell Wood, where the map that you really needed didn't exist for that part of the game. You could look at the overhead map just fine, but it didn't tell you a damn thing in Fell Wood, so you needed to stop and think of some other way to get the information you needed.

It added something new to the IE games, and after playing the BG series + expansions, IWD + expansions, and Torment, little challenges like that were a welcome addition to the game for me. Granted, in a game whose replayability is based solely on its combat, those types of "have to work your way through it" puzzles tend to become more an annoyance than a challenge in subsequent runs, but still... adds a bit of variety in terms of gameplay.

Yup... I liked 'em too. Good puzzles. Shook things up a little bit in a genre where typically these days, the only challenge a game offers comes from 1) devising tactics in combat with more/bigger monsters, 2) making sure you've got the most powerful character build, and 3) item hunting. IWD2 certainly had flaws IMO, but I wouldn't list Fell Wood and Dragon's Eye among them.

I thought IWD2 lived up to my expectectations. A 3rd edition D&D adventure game using 5 year old technology. The music wasn't as good as IWD1, but still better than the music in a LOT of games. The voice talent was excellent as well. The graphics stunk... big deal, I don't really care about graphics. The only graphics that mattered to me, IWD2 had, jawesome portraits and area maps. The customizable interface was an excellent addition. The dialog options in that game were better than 90% of the dialog options in any RPG to date.

Personally I liked the Fellwood/wandering village. Reminded me of the Lost Woods from Legend of Zelda a bit too much, but still fun. The only areas I did not enjoy in that game were the glacial temple or Auril, Dragon's Eye and Chult, and that was because I encountered the most bugs with these areas and got frustrated.

Of all the IE games, the gameplay in IWD2 was my favorite. The story, I could tell, seemed to be a lead in to something. When playing IWD2 I felt, throughout the whole game, like I was playing a prologue. A long, epic prologue, but a prologue none-the-less.

My opinion and I'm sticking to it.

IWD1/2 are great games, but for me they are mere shadows of Baldur's Gate series. BG2 is just way deeper and higher in terms of story, characters and dialogs.

IWD is great for it's feel, atmosphere. It is truly the best dungeon-crawler, because it's not just dungeon-crawler, it has style.

Plus, for me it was especially cool to play IWD, because it was my introduction to ADnD computer-games and FR setting in particular.

And IWD2 is great for its battles, indeed: Heart of Fury RULEZ!!!!

Wandering village was awesome simply because they were finnish. Atleast had finnish names. I wonder who made it?

Finish Powerball Two-in-One detergent and cleaner!

How can u guys be such rabid fanboys! Tell u what... you try HoF modeand I guarantee u that by chapter 4 you will have realised how boring and repetitive the damn thing is!

How can u guys be such rabid fanboys! Tell u what... you try HoF modeand I guarantee u that by chapter 4 you will have realised how boring and repetitive the damn thing is!

Well, of course it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson