Hey, how about some good news, huh?

kumquatq3

Sam & Max: back from the dead?

German developer Bad Brain dances around rumors that it will take over development of the cult favorite; official news due next week.

Staffers at German startup developer Bad Brain entertainment Ltd. laughed their way through a brief phone conversation today, confirming they would be posting news of their first major game assignment on Monday.

What exactly is that game? According to reports, Bad Brain has signed an agreement with LucasArts to take over development Sam & Max Freelance Police. When presented with the story the staffer did not confirm or deny the news, simply saying, "We will post news on our Web site Monday."

The sequel to the 1993 cult favorite Sam & Max Hit the Road, Freelance was being internally developed at LucasArts until last March, when it was unceremoniously canceled. Fans of the whimsical original cried foul, and created online petitions calling for work to resume on the sequel. When contacted by GameSpot, LucasArts reps declined to comment on the game's status.

Today's news, while short on specifics, should be fleshed out with additional data from Bad Brain next week.

:cool: Smile

I hate to be one to break the mood, but unfortunately Bad Brain has failed to acquire Sam & Max 2.

Sam & Max Still Dead [January 29, 2005, 12:15 pm EST] - 17 Comments

Sam & Max back from the dead? on GameSpot reports on rumors that startup German developer bad brain entertainment might be announcing that they have taken up the abandoned development of Sam & Max Freelance Police. Unfortunately, according to a statement on the bad brain website by the company's CEO: "I didn't tell Gamespot anything like what they wrote. They called me at night and asked me about the news posted on Aventuraycia. I told them that there will be an offical [sic] statement on monday [sic]. Well after that call I decided to post the statement earlier (saturday) [sic]." This is to explain the confusion between that report and the actual news they have posted:

Negotiations with Lucas Arts failed. We won't get Sam & Max 2 (not the code, the artwork or anything else)

http://www.bad-brain.com/

spotted: www.bluesnews.com

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Wow, companies still make adventure games? Isnt that a sure way for a game to fail in the sales department?

Well, that depends on what you consider an 'adventure' game. Since the RPG and Adventure genres are becoming so difficult to tell from one another... ;)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not to mention The Longest Journey, Grim Fandango and (noone will remember this one) Guild of Thieves!

Good old Magnetic Scrolls :)

Did you also play The Pawn ?

Wonder what became of them :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Here's for Day of the Tentacle!

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Sad news, again. Thank god at least Funcom has money and skills so we'll Dreamfall. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Hobbit still rules! :D

To think that when I played it I had no idea what a hobbit was.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: