KotOR 3 Dev

There is a very good possibility that Bioware is handling K3. I got this info from a gamespot interview. It revealed that bioware is working on a third, secret project besides JE and Dragon Age and suggested it might be K3.

If you wish to check out the video interview go here: http://www.gamespot.com/live/streamer_new2...12005.asx&pid=0

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Just posted this in a different thread:

Update: That post about SW: KotOR III being well in developement = Smelly, smelly, foul, rumour. Please remember to conserve toilet tissue by only using one sheet at a time.

Also, from what I understand, Lucas Arts decided to take the project for themselves, then selved it after layoffs. *cracks a whip*

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Yeah LA abandoned KOTOR 3 a while ago. It would make sense that they are working on it now. But if they aren't we wouldn't see the game till 2007 at the earliest. KOTOR 3 I say will most definately have a new engine. I say just license the Source engine and be done with it to save some time. (or the DOOM 3 engine would be good for lightsabers. The lighting would look gorgeous.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see it slated as an early release for "Xbox Next" with a new engine designed for the new platform. Kotor III would be a high-profile guaranteed seller, which would push a lot of the new machines out the door. Of course, both Microsoft and LucasArts already know this, and have undoubtedly considered it...

There is a very good possibility that Bioware is handling K3. I got this info from a gamespot interview. It revealed that bioware is working on a third, secret project besides JE and Dragon Age and suggested it might be K3.

If you wish to check out the video interview go here: http://www.gamespot.com/live/streamer_new2...12005.asx&pid=0

Um, how is it a very good possibility. All he said was they wouldn't say what it was, then HE HIMSELF added KOTOR series. He opted to ignore the fact that Bioware has already said no more licensed products unless JE and DA failed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it slated as an early release for "Xbox Next" with a new engine designed for the new platform.

While it would be great for KOTOR fans, think realistically. Creating a new game engine is not easy, or quick. An early nex-gen release would reek of utter disaster in the polished/bug squashing department. Unless they had like a team of 200 designers working for over a year straight, perhaps.

I just saw the video, they seem to know less than most people of this community does.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

this is from gamebanshee (too show this is only rumors unless bioware and obsidian work together)

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EEp...ZElRJBBMoPl.php

The folks at GameDreamz are reporting that a third Knights of the Old Republic title may be under development by Obsidian Entertainment. Since nothing official has been announced, however, it should not be considered fact just yet. Here are the few details they speculate on:

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I

The folks at GameDreamz are reporting that a third Knights of the Old Republic title may be under development by Obsidian Entertainment. Since nothing official has been announced, however, it should not be considered fact just yet. Here are the few details they speculate on:

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I

newlogo.gif

Just posted this in a different thread:

Update: That post about SW: KotOR III being well in developement = Smelly, smelly, foul, rumour. Please remember to conserve toilet tissue by only using one sheet at a time.

Also, from what I understand, Lucas Arts decided to take the project for themselves, then selved it after layoffs. *cracks a whip*

well, the rumours about kotor 2 were dismissed as pure nonsense on these boards just a year ago. fact is, most likely no one on these boards know if kotor 3 is in development or not. kotor 3 may be released late this year, in a few years or maybe never.

I have a couple questions for everyone (and this is not a shot at the devs... even if it might sound like it in parts).

1) If the game is in developement what makes you think that whoever is developing it would say so?

2) With all the crap being thrown at you devs over the rushing of TSL to the "Gold" status, do you think that LA would tell you if they decided to make the game with another developer (I realize that it wasn't your fault [atleast not entirely] but I know myself I wouldn't risk the bad press and hand a project back over to a company that is getting bad press right now)?

3) Why is everyone taking an unconfirmed report as proof of KOTOR 3 being quashed? if someone can please produce an "OFFICAL" internal memo, or "OFFICAL" LucasArts pink slip proving that what was published about this is fact, All I ever saw was an un-confirmed report about it happening, So please if you happen to have one of the above please provide it and then I will take it as fact but until then don't argue that one thing is fact and that another isn't because neither is or was confirmed.

Anyway thats all for now, once again none of these questions are ment as a shot at the devs.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well if like someone said on page 2 if Bioware works with Obsidian maybe they can help Obsidian correct the problems. I fleft that back when I played KOTOR 1 that it was really good. Hardly no major complaints from anyone on that game. Played it 30 times. 2 times for the DS. Bioware's help just might be what is needed. I hope the rumors are true.

sweaw2008-06-0711-55-23-01.jpg

didn't Bioware copyright the name "Star Citadel" a year back and haven't they dropped hits at working on a Space Opera style game? I'm thinking that the secret project that they're working on is an original IP space opera of their own.

I'm gonna wager that we won't hear anything about kotor 3 until e3. Reason being that they're still tallying the sales of KOTOR 2, pushing to get the PC and international version out, and then tehy have to wait to get the sales figures from that.

since biowares third game on the horizon is listed as a "console title", i would be very, very upset if it was for the next generation xbox. 1)my xbox is relatively brand new and i dont want to spend money on a new system so soon and 2)i prefer to actually play the game on the pc.

as for the articles, i wish people wouldnt jump to conclusions. until either lucasarts themselves, or the developer who is working on it makes an official (or even hints at it unofficially) announcement, its nothing but speculation and shouldnt be the cause for dozens upon dozens of new threads.

didn't Bioware copyright the name "Star Citadel" a year back and haven't they dropped hits at working on a Space Opera style game?  I'm thinking that the secret project that they're working on is an original IP space opera of their own.

I'm gonna wager that we won't hear anything about kotor 3 until e3. Reason being that they're still tallying the sales of KOTOR 2, pushing to get the PC and international version out, and then tehy have to wait to get the sales figures from that.

If their next game is a space opera I'm gonna be choked. Unless they decide against the Xbox exclusive thing and make it for PC as well. There aren't enough Sci Fi RPGs, and wasting one on Xbox would irk me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No it is not. The third game uses the Unreal Engine and is it s going to be console only. Months ago Bioware trademarked the name Star Citidel. That is the next game after JE and DA. KotOR 3 was being made by LucasArts but it was canceled and until official word comes from them on the status of KotOR 3 all this specualtion is useless and stupid and most of all irrelevant.