A good Sci-Fi show ..

Rosbjerg

Battlestar G is arguably one of the best Scifi series since Farscape or old SG-1.

You may like Star Trek: DS9, too. That was a pretty great show.

You're not doing anything to help Battlestar Galatica there

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Battlestar G is arguably one of the best Scifi series since Farscape or old SG-1.

You may like Star Trek: DS9, too. That was a pretty great show.

You're not doing anything to help Battlestar Galatica there

Not my fault if I liked DS9! The ending got really horrible though. As in "The first few seasons were awesome and then along came the people who worked on VOY and it fell to pieces and now everyone hates it".

I met this little annoying child once who was infatuated with that show. Kinda made me stop liking it so much. But hey, everyone loved Dax. The first Dax. Not that horrible sucky whiny chick they put on after her.

Battlestar Galactica is much better than DS9. More serious, darker, and interesting plot twists. That is, if you're not living with a man who can smell what a writer is going to do next, and then declares it outloud.

SG-1 isn't too good anymore, but I must admit I do like the last episode (with Claudia Black from Farscape goodness! Mmm.)

Fnord.

^ I think SG-1 has gotten better .. but unfortunatly they are running out of new things to do .. I mean next time a new enemy will be introduced, who is more powerful than all the last, it would actually have to be some kind of God! :p but I love their irony, and the fact that they aren't taking themselves all that serious .. with that said however, I don't think the show should continue after season 9 .. because they are milking it dry as we speak ..

I would then like to recommend Battlestar Galactica one more time! since it is without a doubt the best Sci-fi show I have seen .. and there is no question about the darker theme, as in the introducing movie, the heroes leave almost 10.000 behind to get slaugthered (including a little girl we got introduced to earlier), because they must save their own (and 40.000 other thousands) hides ..

it's a show with heavy emphasis on moral choices, ethics (through religion) and the essentials of human nature (perhaps to a higher degree the more 'divine' and philosophical human nature .. such as the pursuit of freedom, meaning of exsistence and such).. while interestingly the more 'primitive' human nature is presented through the human created Cylons ..

As I said earlier, it feels more like one long 'continuous' movie than a series ..

of course it's not all good, there are some bad apples amongst the actors, and some bad perfomances! they tend to reuse the same animated sequences from time to time .. and while the story is interesting now (after season 1 with 13 episodes and 1 movie) I don't think it's actually going to keep being this interesting for much more than 3 seasons (4 at the most).. so if they stop at season 3 and give it a good finale, it will be one of the best made shows ever imo ..

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for resurrection this old thread .. but I just wanted to adress some recommendations ..

Have seen the first 4 season of Babylon-5 .. and my God that is some dark s***! nearly blew me off my chair, here I thought Battlestar Galactica was ruthless .. it does tends to sugarcoat, sometimes a little too much, things from time to time, but when it comes down to sacrifice this show means buisness .. at least so far in season 4! :p

if Farscape and Firefly is anything like it (or better, which have been suggested by quite a few) .. I'm gonna wet my pants!! :ph34r:

so once again, many thanks for the good recommendations! it has really been quite an experiance! and one I would've missed otherwise ..

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

hmm well I guess I just have to see them! :( if they are half as good that will still be pretty decent ..

but Stracynski is a pretty good writer! gotta give him that .. and who ever is directing it is doing a pretty good job too! especially after season 1 ..

but story-wise, season 1-2 (and half way through 3) reminded me too much of Star Trek, since actions are pretty much without consequence, and everyone is oh so happy (except for the Narns of course).. but all of season 4 is simply brilliant! (haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet though)

Fortune favors the bald.

i'm a battlestar galactica fan...

of course, i remember when the original debuted, and i remember crying (figuratively) when it was cancelled (i was 11 when it went down).

the new show is pretty interesting on many levels. however, i hate how obvious they make baltar... any good leader would immediately be able to pick up on the man's obvious "breaks" from reality. but, suspension of disbelief is always required in any sci-fi show.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Personal favourites: Firefly and Lexx (I don't really like heroes) ;)

Runners up: Battlestar Galactica (the new version) and Babylon 5 (I've only seen the first two seasons, I need to work on that). :)

Haven't seen Farscape yet :luck:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm gonna have to pimp Firefly some too. And the upcoming Firefly movie Serenity. Firefly is by far the best sci fi show I've ever seen

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

just saw the very last episode of Babylon 5 ..

and that was some heavy stuff! :wub: .. but definitly the best Sci-fi show, without a shred of doubt, that I have ever seen .. I guess the best TV series I have ever seen actually ..

Fortune favors the bald.