A good Sci-Fi show ..

Rosbjerg

I don't really like sci-fi TV shows, but I saw Battlestar Galactica the other day, and it is well written and entertaining. The show is somewhat realistic (if you understand what I mean) and the characters act ...... human-like. Like in the first episode when the President made the mistake to destroy that ship (the Olympic Carrier, I believe). Or the terrorist that pushed for free election. Great writing. (although I don't quite understand the women that only the scientist can see)

no I can see how that would be rather confusing .. you have to see the start of it all! the two part (3 hours) mini series .. there everything is explained .. (well everything that goes in the first episodes anyway)

Fortune favors the bald.

Babylon 5 is a great show. You NEED to watch the first season. Since the show was written like a  book. Because  J. Michael Straczynski (Creator and he wrote over 90% of all the episdoes.)  made the show into a 5 year story arc and a novel, so the series had a beginning, middle, and a end.

Only way to make a good series. Imo. Farscape was good show too.

For good scifi you might also want to try some anime like: Cowboy bepop(bounty hunters in space), infinite ryvius(perhaps more about actual social interractions between crew members than actual scifi. I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Farscape and Firefly.

I'll try and expand on them later for you, but they are superb sci-fi shows.

Oh, Phos, darlin', you are the man... :o I mean, orc-looking thing!

Last year the old Ball'n'Chain gave me the dvds sets for the first two seaons of Farscape and the only ( :( *sniff, sniff*) season of Firefly. And this year (along with the Xbox and Sith Lords :) ) the third and fourth seasons of Farscape.

I am re-watching all the Farscapes now and... wow... was that a great series! The little "movie" thing that SciFi channel did last year was a bit too zany for me, but I am floored once again by the fantastic writting and depth of characters in this show. If you can rent them, Rosb, I would.

As for Firefly, I just don't know why that show didn't make it. It was so interesting and had so many differant ways it could go. It is almost painful to watch the dvds and think of what could've been. :)

I HATE the way SciFi is all about horror and vampires now. Give me a good space show anyday! :wub:

Yes Eru I agree completly! it's one of the best Sci-fi shows I have seen .. mostly because there are no compromises .. People just die if they make a mistake!

I don't really see it as a series but more like a very long, good, movie!

and Plooby, I will .. I can rent Firefly in the nearby Blockbuster, so I will pick that up sometime .. and seems like I have to tjeck out Farscape as well! :blink:

kirottu, I've seen some of the Cowboy Bepop episodes, but they never really hooked me .. but they seemed fairly good otherwise ..

everyone; thanks for all the good advice so far! it seems I have missed alot! and now I have something to do this cold winter .. watch endless episodes of Sci-fi .. what a good way to start a year! :D

Fortune favors the bald.

Im surprised no-one mentioned Star Trek: Enterprise...I really liked that serie. And how about V? That one really amused me too. I'll never forget the scene where the aliens land and the orchestra is playing the Star Wars theme :D.

And I'm quite a big Charmed fan... :ph34r:

(I can hear you laugh now, but wait till you see the episode where you see Alyssa Milano as a mermaid :p" :p )

I think Enterprise started to really take off in the third season. I likd the whole Xindi long megaplot and season four is kickin' major arse. If we see a season five I think the the series. I love how they are portraying the Romulans.

My fav is stil DS9 but so far I have to say Enterprise is getting better and better.

EDIT: I am not laughing. I am a fan of Charmed as well. Medium is really good to.

If there is a season five, then it's going to look at the foundations of the Federation. The most recent episode certainly pointed in that direction as well.

The Romulans have been great, I agree. Coto is really doing them justice, I think.

newlogo.gif

Yep, the foundation of the Federation seems to be one of the big plots the show's headed for. But the last episode got me wondering if they're going for the

Earth-Romulan war

first.

Anyway, it's getting better and better. I really hope the rumors of it being canceled are just that, rumors. >_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I had heard that the only reason they did this season is to "fill out" the DVD set, and that they lost a pretty significant amount of money the last couple of years, unfortantly that has alot to do if series get renewed

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yep, the foundation of the Federation seems to be one of the big plots the show's headed for. But the last episode got me wondering if they're going for the

Earth-Romulan war

first.

No, that doesn't happen until much later. The

Romulans

weren't actually seen until Kirk's era.

This last episode seems to set up a foreshadowing to the Federation, and the Romulans meddling and observation of those events, and their efforts to cause it to fail.

I'm curious as to how next week's episode will play out; I have to say I was surprised to see the To Be Continued... tag at the end. After this they're doing a Klingon two-parter.

As for cancellation, it seems to be more than a rumour but less than assured. The Enterprise team were told that should the series be cancelled, they'd be given enough notice to write a proper ending, but they stop filming in March, so there's not exactly enough time to re-write properly at this point. So that's a good sign.

The network folks haven't, last I checked, decided on anything yet; some seem to be in favour of cancellation, others not. The ratings aren't great, but they're very good for UPN in the Friday night slot.

I'm hoping for it to continue, I really am. This past season has been superb, and far better than anything Voyager did in it's seven years.

It's true the budget has been smaller; they decided that people would rather have good stories with less special effects, so paring the budget back in hopes of keeping the show going. And I honestly haven't noticed a decrease in special effects quality. I've noticed fewer of them, but that's meant more character-driven pieces, which is great.

newlogo.gif

Ah yes, that's true.

I rather hope that Enterprise continues with the Romulans every now and then. I've always liked them, and never thought they were used enough. On that note, it's great to see the Andorians showing up so much on Enterprise.

newlogo.gif

Personally a HUGE x-files fan :D , I did enjoy Voyager when it was still on the air, although it may have tried to hard to be politically correct, ie first female captain AND first black vulcan, no complaints. The series got much better once kess left and 7 of 9 came around, although I doubt it was her Borg implants that recieved all the attention :wub: Has Enterprise gotten any better? I started watching the series but it was so painful that I had to turn it off. :thumbsup:

On that note, it's great to see the Andorians showing up so much on Enterprise.

Yup. Jeffrey Combs is da man. :(

ST: VOYAGER. It's really good. the 5 th season onwards are the best. Also Enterprise sucks.

Um, actually I found VOY to be the worst of the new ones. That is, not counting TAS and TOS. :("

Each to his own I guess.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.